Last Updated on
It’s Sunday afternoon, and it’s time for a two-week edition of Sunday Snippets!
Let’s do this thing:
- I was at the beach last weekend, hence the no Sunday Snippets. And to start off our beach trip after our late Thursday night arrival, Rivs, Kendall and I headed down the beach to the Flora-Bama, everyone’s favorite beach bar.
- Apparently, a Nashvillian was at the bar previously because I found ‘Smashville’ written on the side of the bar.
- We went back to the bar on Saturday night. It was a blast.
- The beach was absolutely beautiful on Friday, but it rained/misted all day Saturday. We still had a blast, playing volleyball in the rain and riding the lazy river, despite the chilly wind.
- I was so diligent about putting on sunscreen on Friday, and I still got burned. And then my back looked like a lobster. And it’s still peeling now. (And no, I don’t have a photo for you, even though I sent one of me making a super sad face to my little sister when I discovered the burn.)
- Little known fact: I’m terrified of skin cancer, and I am that kid who is constantly putting on sunscreen in my everyday life. Clearly, I failed at the beach, and I certainly hope this is not a setback.
- When I got home last Monday afternoon, Lucy was over the moon. So over the moon, in fact, that she laid down on top of me and allowed me to hold her paw.
- Yes, I totally hold hands with my dog. Judge away.
- This past week was pretty chill, considering I’ve been crazy busy for the past few weeks, and we had the opportunity to attend a fun work event with a few friends at a new, hip restaurant in the downtown area.
- We ended the evening at Superior Grill, which really is fabulous. And my favorite.
- Yesterday, I ran in a race with some girlfriends in the “caterpillar” division. Meaning we were wearing costumes and connected to each other throughout the entire 5K.
- You can’t tell too terribly well from that photo, but we were the Budweiser Clydesdales, and we pulled a red wagon — topped with two stuffed Dalmatians — throughout the entire race. We also cheered for friends, drank beers from our wagon and had a fabulous time.
- Moving forward, I want to do EVERY 5K like this one because it was so much fun!
Sunday Snippets: The How is it ALREADY January? Edition
Sunday Snippets from 1/13/13
Sunday Snippets: The #glitter200/Ragnar SoCal Recap
Sunday Snippets from 4/28/13