Happy Sunday, y’all! I hope everyone has been having a lovely weekend and taking some time to relax, refuel and prepare for the upcoming week. I know I have, and I have been savoring the slow moments this weekend because life has been a bit crazy recently.
This weekend has been the perfect ending to this ultra-busy week, and the perfect beginning for next week — which will become a beach week on Thursday.
Y’all, I simply cannot wait for that and the relaxation that will inevitably come with it.
- On Friday afternoon, Rivers and I had a recipe-testing afternoon for our new blog, Delightfully Southern. And if you haven’t checked it out yet, please do. It’s a barrel of fun and a celebration of all things Southern!
- We may or may not have made three different alcoholic drinks to test. And we may or may not have had a fabulous time while doing so, even if that coffee drink we made was strong.
- I’ve been having a blast coming up with Southern recipes, crafts, entertainment and fashion posts — something a bit different for me, but something that is super fun, regardless.
- Winston was out of town last night. Whenever he is away, Lucy Belle and I spend more time than necessary on the couch, snuggling and watching chick flicks. (Last night’s pick was an early-2ooo’s movie showcasing the talents of Freddie Prinze Jr. Who remembers that guy?!)
- We also spent time in the kitchen – me cooking and her watching/begging for bites of whatever the meal of the moment is.
- While in the kitchen this morning, I learned Lucy likes Pop Tarts.
- … Please don’t ask how I discovered this.
- I got a cute, new pair of shoes in celebration of spring. And I’ve been trying to find excuses to wear them all week. Even though I know I cannot shoot anything in heels because I fall down… a lot.
- Our friends had a baby on Easter Sunday! We got to meet him for the first time yesterday, and I think it’s safe to say, we both are over the moon about the little guy.
- We brought him a stuffed alligator, as well as a cute picture frame, and everyone adored the gator. So much so that we took some crazy photos with it. (Obviously, none of them made it to the blog.)