Last Updated on
Howdy, y’all! Happy SuperBowl Sunday to you and yours. I hope you’re enjoying yourselves, whatever you might be doing.
Me? I forgot it was SuperBowl Sunday until this morning. So our day and game plans are pretty tame to previous years. And unlike previous years, Winston and I aren’t cooking up a gumbo. Instead, we are having some barbecue chicken, coleslaw and baked beans.
It’s exciting. And, clearly, it’s so exciting that I have sat down to blog.
I’ve been tossing this idea around in my head for a few weeks now, and I decided that today was a great day to enact and launch Sunday Snippets, which will be a weekly feature here at The Speckled Palate where I can write about whatever. It’ll have many foodie topics, of course, but sometimes, it’s nice to write about something that doesn’t make you hungry.
So with that said, here we go…
- Since I started talking about football… I could care less who wins this year’s game. Honestly. If the Saints were playing, I’d be jazzed, but alas… (Sorry, Tom and Eli.) And, honestly, I’d be watching the Puppy Bowl if Winston wasn’t home.
- However, there are four former LSU players who are playing in the game. Hooray! Geaux Tigers!
- Remember when I said I was training for a half marathon? I didn’t update y’all on anything after that, huh? Well, I completed it, and I did unbelievably well, proving that if I set my mind to something and actually train for it, I’m a relatively good athlete. (Assuming I follow the training plan. Ha.) Sometime in late December, I was drafted to run the Rouge-Orleans Ultramarathon on a relay team with with five other incredible ladies. The ultramarathon is this coming weekend, and I could not be more excited. Our team, Girls on the Geaux, has sponsors who are making our journey easier… and prettier, too. Huge props to 110% Play Harder, Brooks Running, GO Sport ID, Nuun, PROBAR, 1st Choice Real Estate, Barber & Mann, Running Skirts, Drink Chia, Rex Distributing (who contributed Icelandic Glacial), Enterprise and Good Shepherd Christian Academy.
- Because the Rouge-Orleans is in a week, I am going to be sharing some running/active life recipes with y’all. Including my absolute favorite pizza recipe, even though it’s probably not the best pre-run thing to eat.
- When I was coming back from a run yesterday morning, I was listening to the local classic rock station. Suddenly, Metallica’s ‘The Unforgiven’ was playing. I was puzzled about why Metallica was playing on a classic rock station… and then realized that album was released in the early nineties. I just looked it up, and the song is 21 years old. … While I wasn’t a Metallica fan in the first grade, I started listening to them in late elementary and middle school. Either way, I feel old.
- Winston and I attended an LSU basketball game yesterday afternoon. As we were walking in, I realized I hadn’t been to a game in at least five years… and I did not remember a time I attended a game I wasn’t photographing. Sad? Possibly. But I thoroughly enjoy photographing basketball so it really isn’t all that bad.
- Grease was playing last night on VH1. I was understandably thrilled and watched/sang along to the entire movie. However, I hadn’t seen the film in years, and I was stunned that I was allowed to watch it at a kid. My goodness, y’all; it’s a lot dirtier than I remember!
- Lucy is currently standing next to my legs, growling at my husband who is on the opposite side of the couch. She does this nightly when she wants more attention. Because she is clearly attention deprived.
Sunday Snippets from 2/5/12
Sunday Snippets: The Rouge-Orleans Edition
Sunday Snippets 2/13/12
Sunday Snippets: The (Belated) Mardi Gras Edition
Sunday Snippets from 2/26/12
Sunday Snippets: The Ol' Man River Edition
Sunday Snippets from 3/4/12
Sunday Snippets: The High School TV Edition
Sunday Snippets from 3/11/12
Sunday Snippets: The March Madness Edition
Sunday Snippets from 3/25/12
Sunday Snippets: The FNL Edition
Sunday Snippets from 4/1/12
Sunday Snippets: The Easter Edition
Sunday Snippets from 4/9/12
Sunday Snippets: The Girls Night Edition
Sunday Snippets from 4/15/12
Sunday Snippets: The Belated Beach Edition
Sunday Snippets from 4/29/12
Sunday Snippets: The Cinco de Derby Edition
Sunday Snippets from 5/6/12
Sunday Snippets: The Catching Up Edition
Sunday Snippets from 6/3/12
Sunday Snippets: The Red, White and Blue Edition
Sunday Snippets from 7/8/12
Sunday Snippets: The Human-Sized Pillow Edition
Sunday Snippets from 7/15/12
Sunday Snippets: The Pup-iversary Edition
Sunday Snippets from 7/22/12
Sunday Snippets: The (Finally!) Fall Edition
Sunday Snippets from 10/28/12
Sunday Snippets: The How is it ALREADY January? Edition
Sunday Snippets from 1/13/13
Sunday Snippets: The Awkward Dog Edition
Sunday Snippets from 1/27/13
Sunday Snippets: The #glitter200/Ragnar SoCal Recap
Sunday Snippets from 4/28/13
Sunday Snippets: Memorial Day Roadtrip Edition
Sunday Snippets from 6/2/13
Sunday Snippets: The #BiSC Edition
Sunday Snippets from 7/21/13
Sunday Snippets: The New Mama Edition
Sunday Snippets from 4/19/15
Sunday Snippets: The Springtime Version
Sunday Snippets from 5/3/15
Sunday Snippets: The Broken A/C Edition
Sunday Snippets from 7/26/15
Sunday Snippets: The Pumpkin Wonderland Edition
Sunday Snippets from 10/11/15
That’s all I have for today.
What about y’all?
What are some of your Sunday snippets?