Sunday Snippets: The Catching Up Edition
It’s been a busy few weeks, and I’ve kind of been MIA around these parts. I KNOW. It’s been wild.
Here’s what I’ve been up to recently:
1. Last weekend, we ventured up to the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex to see some friends, go to a crawfish boil for my husband’s future company AND house shop. Little did we know that these two photos that we snapped before heading out to the first home would describe the search pretty perfectly — super exciting at first, then sad faces all around near the end. Yes, we’re first-time homebuyers, so we realize that finding the absolute perfect dream home on our first go ’round is slim to none, but we were hoping to find something we could work with.
2. Now, we’re simply hoping to find a home by the time we move to Dallas in August. (Please cross y’alls fingers for us. We need all the luck we can gather on this house hunt.)
3. I don’t know why, but my eyes always look a little wonky when I hold the camera out. Not quite sure why, but my sister always likes to point this out when I send her photos.
4. We FINALLY have a photo of the original Speckled Palate. Yeehaw!
5. And yes, I got that photo by basically sticking my iPhone into my dog’s mouth. You’re welcome, world.
6. I learned how to style my unruly curls into a messy ballerina bun. (It’s super easy! And yes, I know the mirror needs a good cleaning. And yes, I am wearing a Grizz t-shirt. What of it?)
7. I have been listening to the soundtrack to Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog on repeat for the last few weeks. I’m a little late to join the bandwagon, but late is better than never. And I would happily allow NPH to sing to me about anything he wanted – ha! – because I love his voice.
8. I joined a gym this past week for the first time in almost a year, and I plan on swimming… hence the super awesome goggles that still have the safety tape/lining on them. I’m pumped, even if I look like a nerd.
9. Yesterday was a day of relaxation after we arrived back from a night trip to the Big Easy, and I treated myself to a pedicure. Nothing says summer to me more than hot weather, flip flops and brightly-colored pink toenails.
10. This summer has already been a busy one, and it will be even more busy. We’ve got a ton of trips scheduled for the next few months, and I simply cannot wait. We’re going to have a fabulous time!
Ever wanted to know my thoughts about things? My weekend update, titled Sunday Snippets, is for you and rounds up my thoughts on the week, the events of it, shares random details on my life and more!
Sunday Snippets from 2/5/12
Sunday Snippets: The Rouge-Orleans Edition
Sunday Snippets 2/13/12
Sunday Snippets: The (Belated) Mardi Gras Edition
Sunday Snippets from 2/26/12
Sunday Snippets: The Ol' Man River Edition
Sunday Snippets from 3/4/12
Sunday Snippets: The High School TV Edition
Sunday Snippets from 3/11/12
Sunday Snippets: The March Madness Edition
Sunday Snippets from 3/25/12
Sunday Snippets: The FNL Edition
Sunday Snippets from 4/1/12
Sunday Snippets: The Easter Edition
Sunday Snippets from 4/9/12
Sunday Snippets: The Girls Night Edition
Sunday Snippets from 4/15/12
Sunday Snippets: The Belated Beach Edition
Sunday Snippets from 4/29/12
Sunday Snippets: The Cinco de Derby Edition
Sunday Snippets from 5/6/12
Sunday Snippets: The Red, White and Blue Edition
Sunday Snippets from 7/8/12
Sunday Snippets: The Human-Sized Pillow Edition
Sunday Snippets from 7/15/12
Sunday Snippets: The Pup-iversary Edition
Sunday Snippets from 7/22/12
Sunday Snippets: The (Finally!) Fall Edition
Sunday Snippets from 10/28/12
Sunday Snippets: The How is it ALREADY January? Edition
Sunday Snippets from 1/13/13
Sunday Snippets: The Awkward Dog Edition
Sunday Snippets from 1/27/13
Sunday Snippets: The #glitter200/Ragnar SoCal Recap
Sunday Snippets from 4/28/13
Sunday Snippets: Memorial Day Roadtrip Edition
Sunday Snippets from 6/2/13
Sunday Snippets: The #BiSC Edition
Sunday Snippets from 7/21/13
Sunday Snippets: The New Mama Edition
Sunday Snippets from 4/19/15
Sunday Snippets: The Springtime Version
Sunday Snippets from 5/3/15
Sunday Snippets: The Broken A/C Edition
Sunday Snippets from 7/26/15
Sunday Snippets: The Pumpkin Wonderland Edition
Sunday Snippets from 10/11/15
I’m still so glad you’re moving to Texas! You’ll find the perfect place; I know it.
Thanks so much, Elizabeth! I owe you an e-mail because we DID find the perfect place. Hard to believe we’ll be there in a month and a half!
Best of luck with the house hunt!
(And I freaking love Dr. Horrible!)
Thanks so much, Gretchen! We found a home! And you’d better believe I’ll be making some trips to Austin in the future soooo we should hang out. And it makes me unbelievably happy to know you also freaking love Dr. Horrible. (I seriously hope they make a feature-length movie out of it and heard rumors that it was happening this summer!)
And here I thought you were getting ready to cut up an onion – because, that’s what goggles are used for in my house! hahaha.
Hang in there with the house hunt. It’s always good (and painful) to get a complete understanding of what you can afford … but, know there’s something out there for you.
Hahahahahaha. Maybe I should try the goggles when cutting up onions. Never done that before!
And thank you! We found a place — finally — and we are thrilled to be moving into it in August.
I am loving these Sunday Snippets. Awesome pictures. I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the house hunt.
I LOVE the ballerina hairdo… Love the pics of Lucy’s palate! Adorable. And Love that you are swimming. I used to be a swimmer-well really a diver- in those grand highschool days.
Thanks so much, Erin! I appreciate the compliments and the finger crossing because IT WORKED! We have a home! Eeeeeeee!
I love that you were a swimmer/diver in high school. That’s awesome. And I bet you could smoke me in the water because I am SO SLOW and SO out of shape. 😉 I keep telling myself that it’ll get easier because, honestly, even if I am slow, I am still really enjoying it.
Your messy bun is adorbs! I’m all over messy cute hair these day 🙂 Good luck house hunting!
Aww, thank you, Ashley! I’m all over messy cute hair these days, too, and basically anything that gets my hair off my neck because it’s so hot! What ‘dos have you been sporting recently?
Really, you made an update post be so entertaining and I just want to be your IRL friend. My faves: the dogs mouth – I had no idea that was THAT was where the name came from. SO original! love it! AND the swim goggles. you are too adorable.
Caryn, you are TOO SWEET, and I totally support this IRL friend thing. Let’s make it happen, lady! And yes – I think a lot of people are surprised when they learn where the name came from. I’m just happy we have photographic evidence of it now, ha!