Continuing the monthly tradition, The Speckled Palate’s The Potluck: August 2018 includes a lot of moving-related goodness, including some new bedroom furniture and a lifesaving pick-up service, a photographer, sweet friends and more. Swing by the blog today to get a full list of the things I adored during the month of August.
How the heck are we closing in on mid-September already, friends? Quite honestly, I’m unsure, and I can hardly believe that the month of September is here! (Hooray, hooray for my birthday month and the birth month of Baby Speckle!)
I’ve been doing my best to keep a running list of things I enjoyed in August–especially since I felt like I could have the baby any day at that point–and wanted to share all of my favorite things from the month with y’all before we get too far into September.
To recap, my potluck, as defined by the folks at Merriam-Webster is:
the regular meal available to a guest for whom no special preparations have been made… a communal meal to which people bring food to share —usually used attributively <a potluck supper>; whatever is offered or available in given circumstances or at a given time.
Ready to learn all the things I liked? Let’s do this!
8. Sweet blog friends: On the last day of August, I woke up to a sweet surprise–a virtual baby shower, thrown by some of my food blogger friends! I feel so lucky to have these ladies in my life, and I am in love with the recipes they shared to celebrate me and Baby Speckle. Thank you SO much, friends! We feel so loved! I wish there was a way for them to have sent them to my house because I want one of each. Like, now. 😉
- Moscato Cupcakes from A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Lemon Lime Cake from I Dig Pinterest
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Dip from A Savory Feast
- Chocolate Chunk Strawberry Ice Cream Sandwiches from Ciao Chow Bambina
- Ginger Carrot Tartlets from Savory Spin
- Mini Six-Inch Strawberry Cake from The Emotional Baker
- Blackberry Peach Bourbon Smash from The Crumby Kitchen
- Butter Mints from Pastry Chef Online
- Blackberry Coffee Cake from Love & Flour
- Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes with Coconut Whip from Crumb Top Baking
- S’mores Rice Krispy Treats from Feast + West
What Did You Love In August?
Curious about other things I’ve loved? Check out my other potlucks: