It’s Sunday, y’all, and I hope you have been enjoying your weekend as much as I have!
Honestly. This weekend (and week, in general) has rocked. And it makes me sad that the new week starts up tomorrow.
- One of my favorite aspects of the spring is the afternoon thunderstorms, especially if I’m in a position to truly enjoy them… which means take a nap.
- I was on the road when this week’s thunderstorms hit, and while the drive home was a little terrifying, due to flooded road conditions, I loved relaxing at home when I finally made it back, sheltering my sweet, scared puppy from the thunder.
- Lucy decided the safest spot for her during the storm was BENEATH MY FEET. I kid y’all not. And yes, it was super awkward for a few moments there.
- Winston and I made homemade barbecue chicken pizza one night this week. It was delightful.
- I love the random evenings when we debate over what to cook… then just make pizza. Because pizza is always a wonderful decision.
- I ate cheesecake for lunch on Friday. It was the creamiest cheesecake I have maybe ever eaten, and I was sad I only had one slice.
- We made a TON of guacamole for our friend’s Cinco de Derby party. (We may or may not have purchased 10 avocados for the dip and used ALL of them.)
- We arrived at the party around 2:15. The guac was all gone by 4, and we got a ton of compliments on its deliciousness.
- In celebration of the Derby, I drank Mint Juleps. In celebration of the Derby and Cinco de Mayo, Winston and a few other brave souls drank Mint Julep Margaritas.
- While my Derby horse didn’t win, we had a fabulous time with our friends. (Obviously, that’s my excited face in the above photo.)