Last Updated on
It’s been a crazy week, y’all, and I can hardly believe that April is creeping closer and closer.
Currently, Winston and I are watching a new TV show (Borgia, for the curious) and relaxing on the couch after everything we have done this week, and thoroughly enjoying the relaxation we haven’t experienced in quite some time.
So, I bring y’all my Sunday Snippets this lazy Sunday evening.
- We had so much fun on St. Patrick’s Day that I spent the following day recovering. Hence the missing Sunday Snippets last weekend.
- Not only did we enjoy plenty green pancakes, Irish Coffee, Car Bomb Cupcakes and watermelon shots, but we also imbibed green mimosas and devoured homemade jambalaya.
- It’s official: I need to learn how to make jambalaya before we move from Louisiana this coming fall.
- Our friends, Sarah and Blair, were married on Friday. We spent Thursday night at Mazen’s celebrating at the rehearsal dinner, hearing story after story about the couple… and eating all sorts of wonderful food, including a delightful crawfish bisque, a monstrous steak with potatoes and green beans, then a semi-sweet chocolate souffle that literally melted in my mouth.
- I’m seriously considering making a souffle tonight because of that.
- I have been thoroughly enjoying March Madness and the hoop-la that comes along with it. Sadly, none of the teams I cheer for have made it this far, but weekends filled with basketball make my heart happy.
- When I was a kid, I ardently followed all college basketball in preparation for the Big Dance. My brackets always turned out a lot better then than they do now, especially since I don’t follow any basketball these days.
- Once upon a time, I was a basketball player. And while many of my friends find this unbelievable now, I can assure y’all that I was pretty darn good, considering I’m only 5’7″ and played post.
- In high school, I was brought into the game to draw fouls and shoot free throws. This is the only reason I ever ended up on the scoreboard, especially since I usually was tossed around like a rag doll beneath the basket.
- In college, I played on the student newspaper’s basketball team, aptly named Paper Jam. The first season I played – the team’s third – we won our first game ever.
Sunday Snippets: The How is it ALREADY January? Edition
Sunday Snippets from 1/13/13
Sunday Snippets: The #glitter200/Ragnar SoCal Recap
Sunday Snippets from 4/28/13
So, now I’m curious…