Dense, decadent and rich brownies go perfectly with an ice cold glass of milk! Whip up these easy and delicious Lindt Classic Chocolate Brownies for your friends and family today!
Brownies were the go-to baked good of my childhood, and as an adult, I took a serious step back from them because I’d had enough.
Or so I thought.
This recipe is adapted from a cookbook that Lindt sent me back in the fall, along with the chocolate bars and other goodies to pull together my Chocolate and Wine Tasting Party.
After the shindig, I was flipping through the book and noticed this brownie recipe. Surprisingly, it sounded crazy good to me, someone who wasn’t interested in brownies anymore. It just so happened to be the weekend, and we’d just gotten an invitation to visit family north of town for dinner. It seemed appropriate to whip up some sort of baked treat since that’s kind of my thing. I was slightly nervous about the recipe, but I got more excited after they came out of the oven smelling divine.
We headed up to the cookout, and we quickly surmised the brownies were a hit!
I even liked them! Which is saying something, especially since I clearly believed I had brownie fatigue. And since I love the recipe, I have been bringing these goodies along with us for all kinds of house parties and get togethers, including every time we visit my cousins because they and their families have made several positive comments about them, including one from my cousin-in-law who said these were his all-time favorite brownies.
They’re pretty much my all-time favorite brownies now, too.
Here’s how you make them:
Lindt Classic Chocolate Brownies
- 1 bar (3.5 oz/100 grams each) Lindt Bittersweet Chocolate Bar, chopped
- 2 bars (3.5 oz/100 grams each) Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Bars, chopped
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the chopped chocolate, butter and applesauce. Stir constantly. (You can do this in the microwave, heating in 10 second intervals and stirring until everything is melted OR you can melt these ingredients together using a double boiler.)
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
- Add the melted chocolate, and beat gently by hand or on a low setting on a mixer until evenly incorporated.
- Add the flour and walnuts, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. (If you're a fan of gooey brownies, check this around the 15 minute point.)
- Enjoy with a glass of milk while the brownies are warm!