Last Updated on
These decadently rich Guinness Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle are the perfect dessert to bake for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration. Dense, dark chocolate brownies topped with a festive green cream cheese frosting drizzle… what’s not to love?
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
St. Patrick’s Day always makes me think of the Wearin’ of the Green in Baton Rouge, even though I never made it to the parade during my collegiate years.
One of those years, I actually lived on the parade route, and I slept through the parade and all the hubbub pertaining to it.
Admittedly, I was a bit of a mess. But I was a college student, so it was what it was.
However, I attended the Wearin’ of the Green post-parties… and when we lived in Baton Rouge a few years back, we enjoyed all the festivities the parade, pre- and post-parties had to offer.
While we didn’t live on the parade route, some of our friends did, and we were able to hike from our house to their homes for the festivities.
That year, I made us Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey’s Cream Cheese Icing and Jameson Simple Syrup. And they were delightful.
This year is a bit different since we have a newborn, and we didn’t make the annual Dallas St. Patrick’s Day Parade this past weekend.
That didn’t stop us from celebrating at home.
Enter these Guinness Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle.
They’re just as decadent as they sound… and they’re really, really good if you’re a chocoholic.
The dark chocolate sings with the Guinness. And then, as if these dense brownies weren’t enough on their own, you drizzle some festive green cream cheese frosting on top of them as a finishing touch.
Chocolate lovers? You definitely want to make these for your St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
Non-chocolate lovers? You should make these for the chocoholics in your life.
Recommended Tools/Products for Guinness Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle
Get the look
Interested in MORE St. Patrick’s Day desserts? We highly recommend…
- Mint Chip Guinness Floats
- Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake
- Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes with Jameson Cream
- No Churn Guinness Brownie Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Guinness Float
Interested in these beauties?
Scroll on down to learn how simple they are to bake!
These decadently rich Guinness Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle are the perfect dessert to bake for your St. Patrick's Day celebration. Dense, dark chocolate brownies topped with a festive green cream cheese frosting drizzle... what's not to love?
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chunks, (60%-70% dark chocolate works beautifully)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup Guinness, (or any stout of your choosing)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chunks, (for topping)
Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle
- 1 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons half-and-half (or heavy cream)
- Green food dye, , optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9"x9" square baking pan parchment paper and spray with cooking spray (or forgo the parchment paper, and butter and flour the dish.) Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup of dark chocolate chunks and the applesauce. Heat the mixture in the microwave in 30 second increments, removing the bowl and stirring after each session. Once all the chocolate is melted, the mixture is good to go.
- Measure the sugars and vanilla into the chocolate mixture. Stir until combined.
- Crack the eggs in a small bowl, and break the yolks using a fork. Pour into the chocolate and sugar mixture, mixing until combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, stirring, then add the Guinness. Stir until there are no longer lumps, and the mixture is well combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the additional 3/4 cup of 62% dark chocolate chunks on top of the brownies.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until the edges are firm and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- While the brownies bake, combine the frosting ingredients with a hand mixer, and mix until smooth.
- Let cool for 20-30 minutes before drizzling with the cream cheese frosting, then slicing.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk... or a pint of Guinness.
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 169 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 63mg Carbohydrates: 27g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 20g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g