If y’all do one thing for yourself this weekend, do this. Please.
Last weekend, we made Joy the Baker’s delightful Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls for my friends Elizabeth, Eric and their baby, Hannah.
Trust me when I say these are byfar the most delicious, melt-in-your-mouth wonderful cinnamon rolls I have ever tasted. And let the record show that I have eaten a lot of cinnamon rolls in my day.
Something about the cream cheese being spread into the yeast dough makes these rolls so moist and smooth when you finally bite into them. And the filling is top-notch, too! We didn’t put raisins or the cloves in the filling since we don’t keep either of those at our home. And we didn’t let the rolls rise a second time because, umm, I misread the directions and thought there was only supposed to be one rise. But no worries, they turned out all right! More than all right, really.
They come out of the oven looking like this:
Then when you dollop on the icing, it’s hard to contain yourself. And then you eat three because you were overwhelmed by the wonderfulness of these cinnamon rolls.
Y’all can get the cinnamon roll recipe over at Joy’s site – and I totally recommend checking her site out because all of her recipes sound awesome – but I want to share the little Cream Cheese Icing recipe I whipped up for these because it really went along well with the rolls.
Other Recipes to use Cream Cheese Icing in…
Cream Cheese Icing is the perfect topping for Joy the Baker's Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls... and it's so simple to make at home! Using a hand mixer, blend cream cheese with powdered sugar, pure vanilla extract and milk until smooth and creamy. Use it on top of cinnamon rolls, cookies, cupcakes, red velvet... or anything that calls for icing!
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk (skim OK)
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese.
- Use a hand mixer to beat the softened cream cheese.
- Sprinkle in the powdered sugar, and beat until combined with the cream cheese, before pouring in the vanilla.
- Instead of pouring the milk in at one time, sprinkle it into the icing bit by bit so the batter does not become runny. (You may use more or less, depending on the day and how dense your cream cheese is.)
- Add milk until the icing is the correct consistency, then spread on top of the Cream Cheese Cinnamon Rolls - or cupcakes, cake, really anything that calls for a Cream Cheese Icing - and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 47mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
Happy weekend, everyone!