This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. As always, all opinions, thoughts and recipes are my own.
Sparkling Bourbon Pumpkin Apple Cider Punch is the PERFECT autumnal punch! Calling for pumpkin spice apple cider, this punch sings with seasonal flavors. Perfect for tailgating, Halloween and Thanksgiving, this bubbly bourbon punch recipe makes the ultimate fall pitcher drink. Makes 1 pitcher.
How ‘bout we make a boozy punch to celebrate the season of PUMPKIN?
I’m a sucker for anything that tastes like it should be enjoyed during the fall, whether it be a delicious Cinnamon Pork Chops or a pumpkin-flavored dessert, like Praline Upside Down Pumpkin Cake with Bourbon Caramel Sauce.
That said, I have qualms with nutmeg, so I wrongly assumed for more than half of my life that I disliked pumpkin. For shame!
Well, I’m here to say that I love pumpkin now. I’d just prefer it without the nutmeg, mmmkay?
Why I love this recipe:
This Sparkling Bourbon Apple Cider Punch recipe with Pumpkin Spices is something everyone will enjoy during the upcoming holidays.
You could easily pour some in a go cup for trick-or-treating or mix a double batch to serve in a huge pitcher at Thanksgiving.
It isn’t terribly sweet, the bourbon doesn’t bite and goes down smooooooooooth.
Also, the Organic Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider? I could drink an entire bottle of this without any additional ingredients.
Pumpkin + apple + cider spices = heavenly flavor goodness.
Need drink inspiration? Head on over to my Drink Recipe Index for some ideas!
What do I need to make this recipe?
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
- Saucepan to make the maple simple syrup
- 8 oz. mason jar to store the maple simple syrup (if you’re making it in advance!)
- Drinking jars
- Glass Pitcher
Let’s talk ingredients!
In addition to the tools above, you’re going to need some ingredients to make this recipe, too! Chances are, you might already have some of them in your fridge or pantry. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full measurements and instructions.
Here’s what you need:
- Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider — Sprouts sent me their Organic Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider to create this recipe. The cider is seasonally available in their stores. I’ve seen Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider in other groceries more recently, too.
- Maple syrup — use the real deal syrup instead of the maple-flavored stuff. It’s going to add awesome flavor to the simple syrup, which is then added to the punch. (We make the syrup because the maple is too thick otherwise.)
- Ginger ale — use your favorite brand of ginger ale here!
- Bourbon — something that’s good and drinkable, but not too fancy to where you feel guilty about mixing it into a drink.
Make your own pumpkin spice apple cider recipe!
If you can’t find pumpkin spice apple cider, make your own!
Add a teaspoon of pumpkin spice per cup to your favorite apple cider.
How to make Sparkling Bourbon Pumpkin Apple Cider Punch
Make the Maple Simple Syrup
Combine the water and maple syrup in a small saucepan.
Turn on the heat to medium-high, and bring the ingredients to a simmer. This will take about 5 minutes, depending on how hot your stovetop burns.
Once the ingredients are simmering, remove them from the heat. Let ’em cool to room temperature before mixing the punch.
Make the Sparkling Bourbon Apple Punch
Combine the Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider with the ginger ale, bourbon and Maple Simple Syrup in a large pitcher or punch bowl.
Stir until combined.
Chill in the fridge until it’s time to serve, and pour over ice.
Garnish with sliced apples and/or cinnamon sticks!
How to mix this bourbon punch in advance:
It’s a great idea to mix this punch before hosting guests, but the ginger ale will go flat if you add it too soon.
Simply mix the apple cider, bourbon and maple simple syrup together in a pitcher and chill. Top with ginger ale right before serving so this fall punch is nice and bubbly!
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips
I love, love, love being able to entertain with a pitcher drink because they’re incredibly simple to make… and they serve more than one person at a time!
Here are some thoughts for you on using this Apple Cider Punch to serve for a group.
- Make a double batch if your people love bourbon and apples together, or if you’re entertaining a crowd!
- Mix the ingredients (minus the ginger ale) in advance, and keep ’em cool in the fridge.
- Make it kid-friendly by leaving out the bourbon! If you’re serving kids, I suggest leaving out alcohol of any punches that might catch a kid’s eye, and letting adults spike theirs in a separate (and kid-safe) spot in the kitchen.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your local Sprouts Farmers Market! It’s on shelves starting in September (and maybe earlier in some places) through November. I grab a few of ’em whenever I see it in stock because this stuff is delicious.
Personally, I think the maple syrup adds something special to this punch, but if you don’t want to take the 5ish minutes to make that, feel free to use whatever simple syrup you have on hand. (Assuming it’s not a flavored one!)
Of course! Leave out the bourbon, and this fall-flavored punch is delightful on its own.
Yes, but hold off on adding the ginger ale until it’s time to serve so it doesn’t get flat.=
What can I serve with this Pumpkin Apple Cider Punch?
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork with Apple Cabbage Slaw
- Apple Rosemary Chicken Dumplings
- Pepper Jelly Cream Cheese Bruschetta
- Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Seed Toffee Bark
- Spiced Apple Upside Down Cake with Bourbon Caramel Glaze
- Glazed Apple Fritter Yeast Bread
Just interested in this punch?
Here’s how I made it and how you can do the same for your next autumnal get together…
Sparkling Bourbon Pumpkin Apple Punch is the PERFECT autumnal punch! Highlighting Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider, ginger ale, maple syrup and bourbon, this seasonal pitcher drink is perfect for tailgating, Halloween and Thanksgiving.
Maple Simple Syrup
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 32 fl. oz. Sprouts Organic Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider
- 24 fl. oz. ginger ale
- 6 oz. bourbon
- Maple Simple Syrup, recipe above
Make the Maple Simple Syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine the water and maple syrup.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. (This should take 5 minutes, tops.)
- When simmering, remove from the heat, and let cool to room temperature.
Make the Sparkling Bourbon Pumpkin Apple Punch
- In a glass pitcher, combine the Organic Pumpkin Spiced Apple Cider, ginger ale, bourbon and Maple Simple Syrup.
- Stir until well-mixed.
- Serve chilled or over ice.
This punch does not have a huge bourbon taste, so if you want to add more, feel free. Just be aware that the bourbon is masked by the spices and flavors of the punch, so the drink will be stronger.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 11mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
Erin Parker is a Southern gal living in Texas with her husband and two daughters. She started The Speckled Palate to share what she was cooking as a newlywed… and over the years, it’s evolved to capture her love for hosting. Specifically, the EASIEST, lowest key entertaining because everyone deserves to see their people and connect over good food. Learn more about her…