Oven Poached Salmon Caesar Salads are a household favorite easy weeknight meal! Wild caught salmon poaches in the oven, then is served on top of a quick homemade Caesar salad. This quick entree is prepped, poached and ready to eat in less than 40 minutes!
I was talking with my friend Susannah last week about how neither of us share a lot of recipes for meat-based entrees on our blogs.
Which is particularly funny because:
- My husband and I eat meat most evenings as a part of our dinner.
- The dishes we make are generally pretty delicious.
- I just never take the time to photograph them.
- Photographing meat is sometimes a dicey endeavor. Which means I don’t take the time to do it often because of this. And I don’t know why because whenever I have photographed it recently, it’s turned out A-OK.
Case in point: These Oven Poached Salmon Caesar Salads.
This is one of our go-to meals for a busy weeknight, and for good reason. The salmon bakes up in less than 30 minutes. The salad is tossed together so quickly as the salmon cooks after being seasoned with Creole seasoning, salt and pepper. And you’re ready to eat in 40 minutes tops.
You can’t beat something this simple or delicious.
Sure, we’re cutting corners by not making our own Caesar dressing, but not everything has to be homemade all the time. This is one of those big life lessons lessons I’ve learned since having a child. Because real talk: I don’t have time to make everything from scratch. And that’s OK.
Why not let your favorite store-bought Caesar dressing help you out?
What you need to make this recipe:
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
- Blue scalloped oval baking dish, as seen above. (Similar in olive green and white.)
- Stainless-Steel Mixing Bowl.
Other Delicious Weeknight Meals
- Whole30 Steak Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
- Apple Cider Pulled Pork with Apple Cabbage Slaw
- Salmon Niçoise Salad
- Pork Carnitas Enchiladas
- Leigh’s Everything-but-the-Kitchen-Sink Pork Tenderloin
Oven Poached Salmon Caesar Salads are one of our favorite weeknight meals!
Here’s how we make ours:
Oven Poached Salmon Caesar Salads are a household favorite easy weeknight meal! Wild caught salmon poaches in chicken stock in the oven, then is served on top of a quick homemade Caesar salad that features romaine lettuce, cucumber, parmesan and croutons, all tossed in your favorite store-bought Caesar dressing. This quick entree is prepped, poached and ready to eat in less than 40 minutes!
Oven Poached Salmon
- 1 lb. salmon filets
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock (can substitute vegetable stock)
- ½ teaspoon salt-free creole seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Oven Poached Salmon Filets, slightly cooled
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan
- ½ cucumber, , diced
- 3 tablespoons Caesar dressing
- ¼ cup croutons
- Black pepper, to taste
Prepare the Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Place the salmon filets skin-down in a baking dish.
- Pour the chicken stock into the baking dish, filling until about halfway up the salmon.
- Season the salmon with the salt-free creole seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 22-28 minutes, or until the salmon is just cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool slightly.
Make the Caesar Salad
- While the salmon cools, combine the romaine, cucumber, parmesan, croutons and the Caesar dressing in a large bowl.
- Toss the salad using salad tongs, then split evenly between two plates or bowls.
- Season with additional black pepper if need be.
- Place the salmon on top of the salads, and enjoy immediately.
Serving Size:1 salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 901Total Fat: 58gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 41gCholesterol: 228mgSodium: 3340mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 81g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.