Last Updated on
Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad is a favorite side dish that’s perfect for all seasons! Toss crunchy romaine lettuce with fresh clementines, broccoli, scallions and crisped ramen noodles. Top with a homemade honey vinaigrette, and this side salad makes an outstanding side that is also delicious as an entree. Whether you’re hosting a tailgate, an at-home viewing, a barbecue or more, Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad is an EASY salad to enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
Not gonna lie: I am o-b-s-e-s-s-e-d with this salad.
And I’m obsessed with making it for all kinds of events.
Baby shower? I’m bringin’ this.
Football viewing party? Everybody needs some vegetables. (I can attest to this being a problemo at most tailgates and football-centric events. So much unhealthy food. So few veggies.)
The recipe is a crowd-pleaser, no matter the event, and the homemade honey vinaigrette that brings it all together? Oh-so-simple, but an absolute knock-out.
Seriously. Every time someone tries this dressing for the first time, I hear nothing but compliments of the natural sweetness (that’s not too sweet) and the balance with the vinegar.
It. It. Awesome.
Also, who doesn’t love some sweet clementines on their greens and the added crunch of toasted ramen noodles, replacing the croutons you’ve come to associate with most salads?
Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad Essentials
Get the look!
- Wide-mouth mason jar.
- Wooden serving bowl. (Similar from Lipper International. Original from Anthropologie.
Does this sound like a salad you’d like at your house?
Trust me: It’s easy, it feeds a crowd, and it’s so wonderful for so many events. It’s ALSO good leftover. Because, you know, that’s important.
Scroll on down to learn how to make this Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad!
Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad is a favorite side dish that's perfect for all seasons! Toss crunchy romaine lettuce with fresh clementines, broccoli, scallions and crisped ramen noodles. Top with a homemade honey vinaigrette, and this side salad makes an outstanding side that is also delicious as an entree. Whether you're hosting a tailgate, an at-home viewing, a barbecue or more, Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad is an EASY salad to enjoy!
- 1 lb. Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 5 clementines, peeled
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 oz. Ramen Noodles, uncooked and without the flavor packet
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, broccoli, scallions and clementines. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the unsalted butter over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is bubbling, crush the Ramen Noodles (in their package) and toss into the butter. Saute the Ramen Noodles until golden, and remove from the heat.
- In a mason jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar and honey for the dressing. Mix vigorously, then set aside.
- Once the crunchy Ramen Noodles have cooled, sprinkle on top of the salad.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad, tossing until all the leaves are coated, then serve immediately.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 276 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 5mg Sodium: 53mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 18g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
How do you feel about salads at various events?
Do you wish there was more salad involved in sporting events?
This Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad was originally published on The Speckled Palate on January 29, 2014. The photographs, along with the text of this blog post and the recipe, were updated on July 31, 2017.