Crunchy romaine lettuce is topped with clementines, broccoli, scallions, crisped ramen noodles and a honey vinaigrette. Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad is the perfect salad for a crowd!
I know y’all are giving me that look right now, wondering why the heck I’ve decided to throw a salad — specifically one that involves Ramen Noodles and fruit — into the mix for a football party.
Here’s why: As someone who has attended many Super Bowl celebrations throughout the years and many, many tailgates during the last ten, I’ve noticed a lack of vegetables when it comes to football-centric get-togethers. And I want to fix that.
For too long, we’ve eaten meat, meat and more meat — or, in my case, all the cheese dip and all of those wonderful chips. We need a change… and I believe this change is going to come in the shape of this Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad.
The recipe is a crowd-pleaser, and its dressing, while incredibly simple, is a knock-out, too.
Also, who doesn’t love some sweet clementines on their greens and the added crunch of toasted Ramen Noodles, replacing the croutons you’ve come to associate with most salads?
Here’s how you can make your own for the coming weekend… or anytime, really, because this salad is good for all seasons:
Ramen Noodle and Clementine Salad
- 1 lb . Romaine lettuce , chopped
- 5 clementines , peeled
- 1 head broccoli , chopped
- 2 scallions , sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 3 oz . package Ramen Noodles , uncooked and without the flavor packet
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup local honey
- In a large salad bowl, combine the lettuce, broccoli, scallions and clementines. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, heat the unsalted butter over medium-high heat.
- Once the butter is bubbling, crush the Ramen Noodles (in their package) and toss into the butter. Saute the Ramen Noodles until golden, and remove from the heat.
- In a mason jar, combine the olive oil, vinegar and honey for the dressing. Mix vigorously, then set aside.
- Once the crunchy Ramen Noodles have cooled, sprinkle on top of the salad.
- Pour the dressing on top of the salad, tossing until all the leaves are coated, then serve immediately.