Hosting folks for a party this weekend? Bourbon Pecan Brownies are a unique dessert! Dense, chocolate and pecan-filled brownies sing with bourbon flavor and are perfect for a crowd.
Many of my recipes have a story behind them.
This recipe is not one of them.
They came about simply because we were asked to bring a dessert to my cousin’s house for New Year’s Eve, and I wanted to do something different than my usual brownies.
As we were standing in the kitchen debating what to make, I asked, “Why not add bourbon to the mix?”
So if bourbon, pecans and chocolate are not your thing?
You should probably not continue reading and should check out another post instead.
And if they are? Then I’ve got the dessert for you!
Bourbon, pecans and chocolate combine in this decadent dessert that is perfect served up with milk. The bourbon leaves a wonderful flavor in the dense brownies, the pecans add a nice crunch, and the dark chocolate chips are melted and gooey, just the way chocolate should be in any baked dessert.
Unsurprisingly, the entire platter of these brownies were gone before we left on New Year’s Eve around 9:30! And I imagine these would make an awesome different dessert for the upcoming game weekend!
Here’s how you can make ’em for yourself:
Bourbon Pecan Brownies
- 20 oz . extra dark chocolate chips , roughly chopped
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 oz . bourbon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9"x13" baking pan, then line with parchment paper.
- In a glass bowl, melt the 20 oz. of chocolate chips, butter and applesauce in the microwave, heating in 10 second intervals and stirring after each stop until everything is melted, smooth and combined. When melted, let cool.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, bourbon and salt until well combined.
- Add the cooled melted chocolate mixture, and beat gently by hand or on a low setting on a mixer until evenly incorporated.
- Add the flour, pecans and the additional chocolate chips, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes minutes or until cooked through. (If you're a fan of gooey brownies, check this around the 15 minute point.)
- Enjoy with a glass of milk while the brownies are warm!