This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. As always, all opinions and recipes are my own.
Liven up your coffee with Cranberry Pumpkin Cold Brew Coffee Drink! This wintery coffee drink is perfect in the morning or as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up! Makes 4 large drinks.
Back in August, I traveled to Phoenix for the #HelloSprouts Blogger Retreat. (I’ve talked about it in this bruschetta post and in this post about things to know about Sprouts Farmers Market.)
Every day was filled with fun activities, and both afternoons, we were treated to presentations from brands.
One afternoon, we met the team from DanoneWave and were introduced to some new products… and were asked to mix a coffee cooler!
At the presentation, we tasted an apple cider-cold brew coffee drink. The combination sounded so strange to me at first, but I loved it!
One our tasting was over, the team challenged us to make our own coffee-centric refresher, and and they even had a little studio area for us to photograph our final drinks!
I mixed a pumpkin cold brew drink that tasted good, but was a little gritty. (Umm, hi. Blenders are our friends for things like this, especially when involving pumpkin puree and a spice that’s not super finely ground.)
Once my drink was mixed, I chatted with Caroline, a research scientist and trained barista who works on plant-based coffee creamers and beverages. She introduced me to the So Delicious Original Coconutmilk Creamer and encouraged me and another blogger to have a sip.
Normally, I don’t like coconut ANYTHING, but this coconutmilk creamer was smooth and not coconutty and something I’ve been adding to my coffee daily ever since.
So when I came home, I promised myself I’d remake my pumpkin drink.
Why I love this recipe:
It was tasty at the retreat, but I wanted something a little more. I just wasn’t sure how to do that until it nearly smacked me in the face as I was editing a video.
So I asked myself, “How would cranberry pair with the cold brew coffee?”
Turns out: pretty dang deliciously.
And if you’re hunting for presents for a coffee lover in your life, check out The Ultimate Guide of Gifts for Coffee Lovers.
What you’ll need to make this Cold Brew Coffee Drink
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
Let’s talk ingredients!
In addition to the tools above, you’re going to need some ingredients to make this recipe, too! Chances are, you might already have some of them in your fridge or pantry. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full measurements and instructions.
Here’s what you need:
- STōK Cold Brew Coffee — or another cold brew coffee of your choosing. You can also make cold brew at home, which I detail in Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew, if you’re interested.
- So Delicious Original Coconutmilk Creamer — or another dairy free creamer of your choosing
- Unsweetened cranberry juice — not the cranberry cocktail you find in most juice aisles because that’ll make this too sweet
- Pumpkin puree — not the already spiced and sweetened pumpkin pie filling
- Pure maple syrup — the real good stuff, not the maple-flavored syrup. The sweetness it gives to this coffee drink is excellent.
Substitutions and ideas for those:
If you don’t make or purchase cold brew from the store, you can use iced coffee or hot coffee in place of it.
The flavor will be slightly different, as cold brew is brewed differently than pour over or drip coffee, but it will work in a pinch!
How to make this Cranberry Pumpkin Cold Brew Coffee Drink
First and foremost, get out your blender. You’re just going to measure everything straight into it. 🙂
Measure in the cold brew coffee, cranberry juice, creamer and maple syrup.
Next, dollop in the pumpkin puree.
Finally, sprinkle in the ground cinnamon.
Blend until smooth, then pour over ice, and drink immediately.
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips
Y’all know I’m all about hosting brunch at home, and this cold brew coffee drink is a fabulous way to include something a little unique.
It doesn’t take any extra time, and the only thing you really need to do is get the ingredients so you can blend these beauties up once guests arrive and ask about the caffeine situation.
Here’s how I would serve this:
- Make it a batch. This recipe makes 4 large drinks, but if you’re hosting more folks who are interested, double the recipe, and blend ’em up together.
- Pair it with other seasonal flavors! Since cranberry and pumpkin are a part of this coffee drink, I’d suggest serving a Hearty Holiday Quiche, Sage Browned Butter Homemade Home Fries and Holiday Brunch Salad, too.
- Serve it on a bar with garnishes and straws. Because everyone loves to “make” their own drink and add pizzazz. I suggest having whole fresh cranberries as garnish—and you could even have frozen ones to serve as ice cubes!
Frequently Asked Questions
Any cold brew coffee will work here, so grab what you can. Just make sure to read the packaging to know if you’ve got a cold brew concentrate so that you can balance out the mixture evenly.
The cranberry juice adds a nice tartness to the drink and balances out the strength of the cold brew, which has more caffeine than regularly brewed coffee. The pumpkin adds a little earthiness. The coconut milk creamer adds creaminess.
And this coffee drink it something you could hand to someone who hates coffee, and they would never know. (That would be cruel, so actually, don’t do that. But this recipe does not taste like coffee, and I know some folks who’d see that as a plus!)
It’d be perfect in the morning if you’re feeling fancy. It would also be wonderful to sip in the mid-afternoon, too. Heck, you could even serve this at a holiday party because LOOK AT THAT COLOR!
Quick Tips and Tricks for this unique Cranberry Coffee drink
- Don’t mix it in advance. The drink will begin to separate, and you’ll need to stir it to reincorporate everything.
- If you want to make a batch and keep it in the fridge all week long, store it in a large mason jar. When you’re ready to enjoy it, swirl the ingredients together as best you can inside the mason jar, then pour into your glass.
The long and short of it is y’all need to give this Cranberry Pumpkin Cold Brew Coffee Drink a try.
You’ll be glad you did!
Scroll on down to learn how I made this goodness at home!
Liven up your coffee with Cranberry Pumpkin Cold Brew Coffee Drink! This wintery coffee drink is perfect in the morning or as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up! Featuring STōK Cold Brew Coffee, So Delicious Creamer, cranberry juice, pumpkin puree and maple syrup for a little bit of sweetness, this coffee drink sips easily and has a nice tartness from the cranberry. Whether you're a coffee fan or not, this cold brew coffee drink is perfect for sipping!
- 1 cup STōK Black Un-Sweet Cold Brew Coffee
- ½ cup pure cranberry juice (NOT cranberry cocktail)
- ½ cup So Delicious Original Coconutmilk Creamer
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree, (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In the blender, measure in the STōK Black Un-Sweet Cold Brew Coffee, pure cranberry juice, So Delicious Original Coconutmilk Creamer and the maple syrup.
- Dollop in the pumpkin puree, then sprinkle in the ground cinnamon.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour over ice, and drink immediately.
The drink will begin to separate a bit when it sits for a while, so don't blend it until it will be served.
It can stay in the fridge for up to a week. I stored mine in a mason jar, and every time I wanted a small glass, I'd shake it up really good, then pour it into my cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 92Sodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 20gSugar: 18g