Creamy and decadent, Baileys Coffee is a simple after dinner coffee cocktail to make at home. Calling for three ingredients, this Irish Cream coffee drink is a restaurant-quality treat! Makes 1, but can easily be doubled.
Coffee drinks are totally my jam, but they were not something I got into until I was older.
We have my friend Valorie to thank for this coffee drink obsession, and she’s shared several delightful recipes here featuring coffee paired with alcohol. Check out The Ginger Pomegranate Experiment, African Sunrise and The Siciliano! (She also wrote The Ultimate Guide of Gifts for Coffee Lovers, so y’all know she knows her stuff.)
And this year, I’m adding Baileys Coffee to the list of coffee drinks TSP has to offer because it is utterly delightful, incredibly simple to make and de-freaking-licious.
This isn’t Valorie’s recipe, but I sure thought about her and our coffee drink experiments as I developed this one!
Why I love this recipe:
This Irish Cream coffee drink honestly tastes like something I’ve had at a restaurant before, and I love a good post-dinner drink that’s not port.
It’s warming and comforting and delicious… and it’s incredibly simple to make, too!
Here are a few thoughts on why this Irish Cream Coffee is something you want to make at home:
- It’s comforting and warming!
- Remember after-dinner drinks at restaurants? This tastes like one of those.
- It’s slightly sweet and has a nutty aftertaste, which is the perfect way to end a day.
Want another mixed drink, but don’t know where to begin? Head on over to my Cocktail Recipe Index for inspiration!
What you need to make this Irish Cream Coffee recipe
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
- Coffee pot
- Jigger or measuring cup that shows ounces
- Mugs—I used a hot drinks glass, but you could easily use an Irish Coffee mug for this recipe, too
You also need a few ingredients, too.
- Your favorite brewed coffee—I used decaf here because I can’t drink regular coffee after noon, haha!
- Bailey’s Irish Cream… or homemade Irish Cream liqueur if that’s your jam
- Sweetened whipped cream—because this makes a wonderful topping!
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg—to add some spice on top of the whipped cream
How to make Baileys Coffee
If you haven’t already, brew your coffee. No, really. I’ll wait while you do it. 😉
Next, pour your coffee into a coffee (or Irish coffee) mug.
Pour in the Irish cream, and give it a stir.
Top with homemade sweetened whipped cream. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg, then enjoy immediately.
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips
This Baileys Coffee would be a delightful thing to sip on St. Patrick’s Day or after a dinner party when guests are still hanging out.
No matter when you serve it, it’s always delicious!
Here are a few thoughts on making Irish Cream coffee for a crowd.
- If you’re serving it after dinner, have decaf on hand in case any guests might want that. (I’m the guest who needs this, to be honest.)
- Make your sweetened whipped cream in advance. This goodness can hang out in an airtight food storage container in the fridge all day, so make it early, and let it chill out until it’s serving time.
- Turn it into an Irish Cream Coffee Bar! Instead of making them for guests, allow them to pour their own coffees and add their own toppings. Just be sure to remind them that they’ll need 2 parts coffee to every 1 part of Irish Cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is! It adds a delicious creaminess to coffee.
No. The brand states that the liqueur is safe at room temperature for 24 months after opening.
No. Irish Cream is a combination of cream with whiskey and spices.
No. Irish Coffee calls for Irish whiskey, not Irish Cream. You can grab my Irish Coffee recipe here.
Tips for making the best make Irish Cream Coffee
- Remember the ratio for the drink! It’s 2 parts coffee to 1 part Irish Cream.
- Speaking of coffee, this Baileys Coffee recipe can be made with caffeinated coffee or decaf. It all depends on your taste!
- Don’t forget the toppings! We love sweetened whipped cream in this coffee drink. I’ve added cinnamon and nutmeg sprinkles, too. I think it would also be delicious with some chocolate shavings or even colorful sprinkles if that’s your thing.
Creamy and decadent, Baileys Coffee is a simple after dinner coffee cocktail to make at home. Calling for three ingredients, this coffee drink is a restaurant-quality treat!
- 6 oz. brewed coffee
- 3 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream
- Sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Ground cinnamon and nutmeg, for garnish
- In a heat-safe mug, combine the brewed coffee and Irish cream.
- Stir with a spoon, then add a helping of sweetened whipped cream on top of the coffee.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and/or nutmeg, and enjoy warm.
This drink can be made with fully caffeinated coffee or decaf. Brew whichever type works best for you!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 356Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 34gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.