A take on traditional Irish coffee, this Guinness Cold Brew Coffee is dark, heavy and masculine. Chocolate sings in this cold brew cocktail, and every ingredient can be tasted. Perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, National Coffee Day or anytime you’re looking for a unique drink to sip and share!
2023 Update: This recipe was originally shared in November 2015. I have renamed the recipe from The Boyfriend Irish Coffee to Guinness Cold Brew Coffee for search purposes. The post has been updated to include more tips and tricks. I hope you love this coffee cocktail!
National Coffee Day has come and gone, but Valorie and I are still making coffee cocktails for y’all. And after today, we’ve just got one left.
Our fun coffee cocktail series continues today because, well, we all know they’re quite delicious.
And we wanted to share some more unique cocktails, as well as some more traditional ones.
This one is a nod to a traditional recipe.
Why I love this recipe:
The Guinness Coffee Cocktail is dark, flavorful and incredibly strong. (We could also call it a Jameson Cold Brew Cocktail since it calls for Irish whiskey.)
But even though the alcohol is quite intense, all the flavors work in harmony and sing together, creating a perfect balance between bitter and sweet.
The Guinness adds some chocolate notes, too, and since chocolate is one of my favorite things, y’all know I enjoyed this.
I just recommend taking it slowly because this drink packs a punch.
More recipes featuring Guinness beer: Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Baileys Frosting | Mint Chip Guinness Beer Float | Guinness Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle | Salted Caramel Guinness Beer Float | Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes with Irish Whiskey Cream
What you need to make this recipe:
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
Let’s talk ingredients!
In addition to the tools above, you’re going to need some ingredients to make this recipe, too! Chances are, you might already have some of them in your fridge or pantry. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full measurements and instructions.
- Guinness — or another stout beer. A coffee stout would also be excellent in this recipe if you don’t have Guinness around.
- Irish whiskey — Koval or Jameson whiskey would be perfect in a drink like this. Any Irish whiskey works, though.
- Cold brew coffee — cold brew is brewed differently than drip coffee, and the acidity and caffeine level in the coffee reflects this. You can make your own cold brew coffee concentrate or purchase some from the store.
- Simple syrup — you can purchase a bottle from the store or make your own!
To make this a Dublin Iced Coffee, simply add a splash of heavy cream, half-and-half or your favorite non-dairy milk, like oat milk.
Please note that we do not use coffee liqueur in this recipe.
How to make Guinness Coffee:
Pour Irish whiskey, cold brew coffee and simple syrup into a glass.
Drizzle in the Guinness, then add ice.
Serve immediately with a straw!
Quick tips and tricks to the best cold brew cocktail:
- Add a splash of heavy cream to transform this drink into a Dublin Iced Coffee.
- Use your favorite coffee. We used cold brew, but you could use regularly brewed coffee from roast coffee beans, if desired.
Other coffee cocktails to try:
A take on traditional Irish coffee, this Guinness Cold Brew Coffee is dark, heavy and masculine. Chocolate sings in this cold brew cocktail, and every ingredient can be tasted. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day, National Coffee Day or anytime you're looking for a unique drink to sip and share!
- 2 oz. Guinness (or another stout beer)
- 2 oz. cold brew coffee
- 2 oz. Irish whiskey (or a favorite whiskey of your choosing)
- ½ oz. simple syrup
- Measure all the ingredients into a cocktail glass.
- Stir until mixed, and add ice.
- Enjoy immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 175Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 0g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.