Move over, Guinness Float! There is a new Guinness dessert in town! Instead of using plain vanilla ice cream in your Guinness Float this St. Patrick’s Day, consider adding salted caramel ice cream instead for a sweet and salty twist. This Salted Caramel Guinness Float is guaranteed to be a favorite adult dessert!
St. Patrick’s Day is one of my favorite holidays, and it’s just around the corner!
Around this time last year, I shared my decadent Guinness and Chocolate Milkshakes with Jameson Cream and these lovely Guinness Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle.
This year, I’m upping the ante with a sweet, simple recipe that you can make in no time flat.
The one caveat: you’re gonna need a friend to split this monster float with.
You start off with a base of salted caramel ice cream or gelato. Add a few scoops to your glass.
Once the ice cream is scooped, slooooooooowly pour in your Guinness. Stop every once in a while so the bubbles can dissipate, then continue until your glass is full and the Guinness bottle is empty.
Then once the float is good to go, top with your favorite hot fudge sauce. I recommend checking out Dude, Sweet Chocolate because it’s utterly delightful and pairs beautifully with the Guinness-salted caramel combination.
And then once everything is in place, you enjoy!
Erin’s Recommended Tools/Products for Salted Caramel Guinness Floats
Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning if you make a purchase through one of them, I will receive a small commission. Thanks for your support of The Speckled Palate!
- Essentials: I didn’t use a blender, but if you want to use one, you totally can!
- Get the look: Easter Polka Dot Napkins. Highball glass. (Similar from Crate & Barrel.) Dude, Sweet Chocolate One Night Stand Potion.
While this is definitely a decadent, heavy dessert, it’s quite tasty, and I think it would be perfect for any St. Patrick’s Day celebration that includes a freezer!
Here’s my recipe:
Salted Caramel Guinness Float
- 2-3 scoops salted caramel ice cream or gelato
- 1 bottle of Guinness beer
- Hot fudge sauce , for drizzling
- Scoop the ice cream/gelato into a large glass or float glass.
- Pour the Guinness on top of the ice cream/gelato.
- Stir until the Guinness is mixed into the ice cream/gelato.
- Drizzle hot fudge sauce on the top, and enjoy immediately.