Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes with Irish Whiskey Cream
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with these decadently delicious Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes, topped with a frothy homemade Irish Whiskey Cream! These boozy milkshakes are sure to wow guests, and they make a lovely sweet for a weeknight, too. Makes 2 milkshakes.
Love ice cream with beer? You’ve got to try these beer floats: Mint Chip Guinness Beer Float and Salted Caramel Guinness Beer Float!
This post originally appeared at My Cooking Spot, where I was a contributor.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, and today, I’m sharing boozy milkshakes with y’all.
I figure it’s only right.
Why I love this recipe:
The combination of stout beer and chocolate is one of my favorites, and these boozy milkshakes just sing with it. We’ve also added a decadent homemade Irish Cream that we whip up a bit… because it’s fun and delicious and the perfect topping.
These Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes also incredibly easy to make, requiring just a few ingredients and 15 minutes tops.
You can also scale this recipe for a crowd, in case you’re hosting friends and family for a St. Patrick’s Day party and want to share!
Other St. Patrick’s Day desserts we adore: Guinness Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle | Irish Cream Biscuits with Boozy Chocolate Gravy | Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Baileys Frosting | Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Cake | No Churn Fudge Brownie Ice Cream
Need more March 17 inspiration? Head on over to my St. Patrick’s Day recipe index for more ideas.
What you need to make boozy milkshakes
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
In addition to these tools above, you’ll need a few ingredients to make these boozy milkshakes.
- Chocolate ice cream
- Guinness beer—you could also use another stout beer, as stout beers tend to pair well with chocolate
- Granulated sugar
- Irish whiskey—your favorite brand or what you’ve got on hand
How to make Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes
Blend the ice cream and Guinness together in a blender until smooth.
In a bowl, combine the half-and-half with the sugar and Irish whiskey in a medium-sized bowl, and whip for using a hand mixer. The mixture will get frothier, but it won’t turn into whipped cream because it doesn’t have the fat content.
Pour a little bit of the milkshake into a glass, then add a little Irish Whiskey Cream, and continue this process back-and-forth until two milkshakes have been made.
Quick tips and tricks for the best Boozy Milkshakes
- Make sure your beer is cold! That’ll keep the texture of the milkshake beautiful.
- Double or triple the recipe for a crowd. So long as your blender is large enough to handle it, you can make this recipe for more people to enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer. If you make a big batch of these milkshakes, and they’ll be drunk a little later, pop the blender container into the fridge to keep it cold until someone is ready to drink it. This will keep it for up to an hour.
- Switch it up! Instead of making the frothy Irish Whiskey Cream, serve these Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes topped with sweetened whipped cream or add a shot of Irish cream to the milkshakes!
Chocolate Guinness Boozy Milkshakes
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with these decadently delicious Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes, topped with a homemade Jameson Cream! These boozy milkshakes are sure to wow at this year's festivities, and it makes a delicious dessert for a weeknight sweet, too!
- 1 cup chocolate ice cream
- ½ cup Guinness (or another stout beer)
Irish Whiskey Cream
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Irish Whiskey
- Blend the ice cream and Guinness together in a blender.
- Combine the half-and-half with the sugar and Irish whiskey in a medium-sized bowl, and whip for five minutes using a hand mixer. (The mixture will get fluffier, but it won't turn into whipped cream.)
- Pour a little bit of the milkshake into a cup, then add a little Irish Whiskey Cream, and continue this process back-and-forth until two milkshakes have been made.
- Enjoy cold!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 25gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
Boozy milkshakes?! Sign me up!
Oh yes! I’m glad I’m not the only one who just ADORES a boozy shake…
This is making me wish I could handle dairy a bit better. Might be worth the consequences though. ALSO: those glasses! Super cute!
You could totally use a vegan ice cream or a dairy-free one, Erini! I’ve done this, too, because sometimes, my body can’t handle dairy well, either. Thank you!
I’m social media stalking you today for baby news! I hope you get enjoy this milkshake soon, mama! We have Guinness in the house right now so I may be partaking in one of these shortly!
I love how the day this was published was the day my child was born. Sadly, I did NOT have one of these milkshakes that evening, but I’ve enjoyed several since. 😉 Enjoy this, lady!
These are the perfect thing to celebrate St. Patrick’s day with! So yummy, thank you for this recipe!
Thanks, Erren! These really are delicious for St. Patrick’s Day goodness. Enjoy!
This might be my favorite milkshake ever! I want one tonight after dinner!
Hooray for that! I hope you have one tonight and enjoy this goodness!
The Jameson Cream is genius! Yum!
Thank you, Dorothy! It makes a nice finishing touch for sure!
Oh goodness I could REALLY get behind these shakes!
Then I think you should totally make one! They’re delicious!
Oh my, what a perfect way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day!! These look incredible!!
Thank you, Katerina! These are just perfect for St. Patrick’s Day festivities!
These look so good! I bet they go down easily!
Thank you, Brandy! These ARE so good, and they go down suuuuuuper easy. Cheers!
I am ALL about boozy milkshakes! This one looks delicious. 🙂