Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with these decadently delicious Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes, topped with a homemade Irish Whiskey Cream! This boozy shake is sure to wow at this year’s festivities, and it makes a boozy dessert for a weeknight sweet, too!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, and today, I’m sharing boozy milkshakes with y’all.
I figure it’s only right.
The combination of Guinness and chocolate is one of my favorites… and I’m thrilled to have nailed this boozy milkshake on the first go-round.
I was pregnant when I made and photographed this recipe, so Winston played taste tester. He, obviously, took the job very seriously. He slurped both these milkshakes down without complaint in a few short minutes, then told me they were delicious.
Consider me sold on the recipe… even though I couldn’t enjoy it myself.
Don’t y’all fret, though: I plan on making another batch of these milkshakes next week, and I will be indulging in one!
Recommended Tools/Products for Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes with Irish Whiskey Cream
Other Delightful St. Patrick’s Day Desserts
- No Churn Guinness Brownie Ice Cream
- Salted Caramel Guinness Float
- Guinness Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle
- Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake
- Mint Chip Guinness Floats
Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with these decadently delicious Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes, topped with a homemade Jameson Cream! This boozy shake is sure to wow at this year's festivities, and it makes a boozy dessert for a weeknight sweet, too!
- 1 cup Dutch chocolate ice cream
- ½ cup Guinness (or another stout beer)
Irish Whiskey Cream
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Irish Whiskey
- Blend the ice cream and Guinness together in a blender.
- Combine the half-and-half with the sugar and Irish whiskey in a medium-sized bowl, and whip for five minutes using a hand mixer. (The mixture will get fluffier, but it won't turn into whipped cream.)
- Pour a little bit of the milkshake into a cup, then add a little Irish Whiskey Cream, and continue this process back-and-forth until two milkshakes have been made.
- Enjoy cold!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 77mg Carbohydrates: 28g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 25g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g
Come join me, and let me know what you’re making for this year’s celebration.