Show up to this year’s St. Patrick’s Day festivities or BRUNCH with a Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake! This decadent cake, made with a large pour of Bailey’s Irish Cream, is studded with dark chocolate chips. Dense and moist with a fluffy interior and a crunchy exterior, finish this Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake with a drizzle of Bailey’s Irish Cream Glaze. This boozy pound cake makes a sweet treat for any given day!
Y’all are going to get the wrong idea about me.
You see, I love mixing drinks and baking with booze and sipping an occasional beer or cocktail… but sometimes, I fear y’all are going to think I’m a lush.
At one point in my life (AKA college), I might’ve been for a hot minute… but I’m not anymore.
I learned about 6 months into my child’s life that being hungover while taking care of an infant was akin to having my fingernails ripped from their beds. And while that statement sounds dramatic, I can promise you it was painful. Really painful.
And yet, with St. Patrick’s Day looming, I couldn’t help myself with a few more booze-tastic recipes. #sorrynotsorry
However, this Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake was a total shot in the dark.
My mother visited a few weekends ago, and one evening, we wanted something sweet. Upon a survey of our liquor cabinet, the Irish Cream jumped right out at me. Since I needed to test some St. Patrick’s Day recipes, I decided to throw the Irish Cream into a cake.
WHY NOT, right?
Shockingly, this cake turned out perfectly the first time. (Please note that baking perfection on the first go-round never happens for me. That night, we should’ve celebrated because this probably won’t happen again for a long while.)
So we gobbled it down, then I had to make it again for photographs.
I knooooooooooow. I lead a rough life.
Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake Essentials
Disclaimer: The links below are affiliate links. If you click through and take action, I will receive a small commission. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in.
- Loaf pan.
- Gold dot dessert plate (Similar from 8 Oak Lane.)
- Green sprinkling sugar.
- Oneida Countess Servingware.
The only bad thing about this cake is that it’s not kid-friendly. While the Irish Cream bakes out of the batter, the cake is topped with an Irish Cream Glaze, which is definitely boozy.
So if you want to give this to kiddos, I advise skipping the glaze or simply mixing it with milk instead of the Irish Cream.
And if you’re attending an adults-only party, drizzle this bad boy with the booze.
I promise it’s worth it.
More DELICIOUS St. Patrick’s Day Desserts
- Mint Chip Guinness Floats
- No Churn Guinness Brownie Ice Cream
- Guinness Brownies with Cream Cheese Frosting Drizzle
- Chocolate Guinness Milkshakes with Jameson Cream
- Salted Caramel Guinness Float
Just interested in this decadent pound cake?
Scroll on down to discover how you can make it, too!
Show up to this year's St. Patrick's Day festivities or BRUNCH with a Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake! This decadent cake, made with a large pour of Bailey's Irish Cream, is studded with dark chocolate chips. Dense and moist with a fluffy interior and a crunchy exterior, finish this Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake with a drizzle of Bailey's Irish Cream Glaze. This boozy pound cake makes a sweet treat for any given day!
Chocolate Chip Irish Cream Pound Cake
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup Irish Cream (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
Irish Cream Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons Irish Cream, (homemade or store-bought)
- A pinch of salt
- Green sprinkling sugar, for decorating
Make the Pound Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick baking spray, and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the slightly cooled butter and sugar. Whisk until combined and smooth.
- Crack the eggs into a smaller dish, then add them into the butter/sugar mixture. Stir in the Irish Cream, as well.
- In a large glass bowl, combine the unbleached all-purpose flour, baking powder, kosher salt and chocolate chips. Whisk until combined, then set aside.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and allow ample time to cool.
Make the Glaze
- While the pound cake cools, measure the powdered sugar into a smaller glass bowl.
- Season with a pinch of salt, then pour in the Irish Cream.
- Whisk (or whip together using a hand mixer) until smooth, and set aside.
Decorate the Cake
- When the cake has cooled completely, drizzle the glaze over it.
- Sprinkle with green sprinkling sugar (or sprinkles!).
- Cut into slices, and enjoy!
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 219Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 132mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.