Pumpkin Spice Kombucha Cocktail
This post is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market. As always, all recipes, thoughts and opinions are my own.
‘Tis the season for pumpkin! Invite friends for an at-home brunch and mix Pumpkin Spice Kombucha Cocktails! These effervescent brunch cocktails call for just two ingredients and are served in a glass with a cinnamon-sugar rim. Makes 1 drink, but can easily be doubled or tripled.
Love a good brunch cocktail? Don’t miss our recent favorites this Spicy Bloody Beer Cocktail and the Princess Violette (Creme de Violette) Cocktail.
Last month, Winston and I traveled to South Lake Tahoe for some much-needed R&R.
For the last two years, he and I have taken time to ourselves in the month of September, traveling for a week while our families take care of our girl. (We are SO LUCKY!)
Needless to say, this year’s trip was amazing.
We climbed a mountain and lounged poolside. We kayaked on the prettiest lake I’ve ever seen and ate amazing food.
It was incredibly relaxing and laid back.
However, getting back to Dallas was anything but easy—and we ended up stranded in Reno after a freak hailstorm in Vegas delayed our mid-afternoon flight to the late evening.
We ended up staying the night in Reno.
The next morning, we hiked to a little breakfast place called Two Chicks, where we ate a delightful breakfast.
While there, I got my hands on the drink that inspired this Pumpkin Spice Kombucha Cocktail. The restaurant offers kombucha mimosas on their brunch menu, and let me tell you: a kombucha cocktail or mimosa is a brilliant way to start any day!
Why I love this recipe:
This Pumpkin Spice Cocktail with Kombucha is bubbly and perfect.
All you need is Pumpkin Spice Kombucha, which I picked up from my local Sprouts, and your favorite sparkling wine.
You also can add a cinnamon-sugar rim to your glass, elevating this super simple fall favorite cocktail!
Since kombucha is lighter and more tart than orange juice, it’s a lovely complement to champagne or prosecco if you’re not into super sweet drinks. (The champagne or sparkling wine also adds extra bubbles!)
What’s not to love about that?
Other pumpkin-flavored breakfast and brunch recipes to enjoy this season: Vegan Pumpkin Muffins / Cranberry Pumpkin Cold Brew Coffee Drink / Vegan Pumpkin Biscuits with Maple Butter / Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread / Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
Need autumnal recipe inspiration? Check out my Fall Recipe Index.
What you need to make this drink:
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
- Mini angled stainless steel measuring cup or a jigger
- White wine glasses (like these Riedel ones, as seen in these photos)
Let’s talk ingredients!
In addition to the tools above, you’re going to need some ingredients to make this recipe, too! Chances are, you might already have some of them in your fridge or pantry. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full measurements and instructions.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sprouts Organic Pumpkin Spice Kombucha—you can find this at your local Sprouts Farmers Market during the fall months
- Prosecco, champagne or cava—basically, your favorite bubbles that you’ll mix with the kombucha
- Ground cinnamon and granulated sugar—to make a festive and delicious rim for your glass. You could replace the cinnamon with a pumpkin pie spice blend, too!
How to make a Pumpkin Spice Kombucha Cocktail
First and foremost, rim the glasses.
Take a lemon slice, and trace it around the rim of the glass(es) you will use to serve this cocktail in. In a shallow bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
Dip the lemon-rimmed glasses into the sugar-cinnamon mixture until the rims have been coated. Repeat however many times necessary, and set aside.
In your prepared glass, pour in the Sprouts Organic Pumpkin Spice Kombucha.
Top it with prosecco, and enjoy immediately!
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips
As y’all should know by now, brunch at home is one of my favorite activities to host!
Why? Brunch is fun for all age groups, not just adults, and as someone who has small kids, I appreciate entertaining events where my kids fit right in.
This pumpkin drink would be a delicious (and easy!) addition to an at-home brunch!
- Serve it like you would a Mimosa Bar. Let guests rim their glasses and pour their own.
- Mix up the flavors. While I love the pumpkin spice kombucha, you could very easily use ginger kombucha or another flavor!
- Have fun with it! Kombucha cocktails are incredibly simple to make at home, so have fun with them and get creative!
Frequently Asked Questions
My friends at Sprouts Farmers Market challenged me to use one of their new pumpkin branded products for a fall-related post, and I discovered that they offer Pumpkin Spice Kombucha in stores now!
Honestly, I was overjoyed to give this seasonal kombucha a try. While I’m not someone who regularly who swoons over pumpkin spice anything, this kombucha is special. The pumpkin spice adds flavor and a little sweetness without overwhelming the kombucha.
Absolutely! The cocktail that inspired this one was made with a lavender lemonade kombucha, so the world is your oyster! You might not want to add the cinnamon-sugar rim, depending on the flavors, though.
Of course! Use what your tastebuds like the most. 🙂
More pumpkin cocktails and drink ideas:
- Pumpkin Spice Moscow Mule
- Pumpkin Pie Martini
- Whiskey Smash with Pumpkin
- Homemade Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup (for cocktails, coffee and more!)
Interested in THIS cocktail?
Scroll on down to make it yourself—it’s easy!
Pumpkin Spice Kombucha Cocktails
'Tis the season for pumpkin! Invite friends for an at-home brunch and mix up seasonal Pumpkin Spice Kombucha Cocktails for all! Rim the glasses with a cinnamon-sugar mixture, then pour in Sprouts Organic Pumpkin Spice Kombucha. Add a little prosecco for more bubbles, then serve! These effervescent brunch cocktails sing of seasonal flavors while not being too sweet. Easily enjoyable, Pumpkin Spice Kombucha Cocktails will become a fall fave!
- 6 oz. Sprouts Organic Pumpkin Spice Kombucha
- 4 oz. prosecco
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 lemon, sliced
Rim the Glasses
- Take a slice of lemon, and trace it around the rim of the glass(es) you will use to serve this cocktail in.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Dip the lemon-rimmed glasses into the sugar-cinnamon mixture until the rims have been coated.
- Repeat however many times necessary, and set aside.
Pour individual servings of Pumpkin Spice Kombucha Cocktail
- Pour the Sprouts Organic Pumpkin Spice Kombucha into the prepared glass(es).
- Top with prosecco.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
Multiple drinks can be made from a bottle of kombucha and a bottle of prosecco. Just measure them out according to the recipe and make them all in a row!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 226Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 9gSugar: 12gProtein: 11g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.