Lindt Classic Chocolate Brownies

by Erin on March 6, 2013

in baking, dessert

Lindt Triple Chocolate Brownies // The Speckled Palate

Brownies were the go-to baked good of my childhood, and as an adult, I took a serious step back from them because I’d had enough.

Or so I thought.

This recipe is adapted from a cookbook that Lindt sent me back in the fall, along with the chocolate bars and other goodies to pull together my Chocolate and Wine Tasting Party.

After the shindig, I was flipping through the book and noticed this brownie recipe. Surprisingly, it sounded crazy good to me, someone who wasn’t interested in brownies anymore. It just so happened to be the weekend, and we’d just gotten an invitation to visit family north of town for dinner. It seemed appropriate to whip up some sort of baked treat since that’s kind of my thing. I was slightly nervous about the recipe, but I got more excited after they came out of the oven smelling divine.

We headed up to the cookout, and we quickly surmised the brownies were a hit!

I even liked them! Which is saying something, especially since I clearly believed I had brownie fatigue. And since I love the recipe, I have been bringing these goodies along with us for all kinds of house parties and get togethers, including every time we visit my cousins because they and their families have made several positive comments about them, including one from my cousin-in-law who said these were his all-time favorite brownies.

They’re pretty much my all-time favorite brownies now, too.

Here’s how you make them:

Lindt Classic Chocolate Brownies

Cook time

Dense, decadent and rich brownies that go perfectly with an ice cold glass of milk as dessert.
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: American
  • 1 bar (3.5 oz/100 grams each) Lindt Bittersweet Chocolate Bar, chopped
  • 2 bars (3.5 oz/100 grams each) Lindt Excellence 70% Cocoa Bars, chopped
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
  • 3 eggs
  • ¾ cup granulated sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper.
  3. Melt the chopped chocolate and butter. Stir constantly. (You can do this in the microwave, heating in 10 second intervals and stirring until everything is melted OR you can melt these ingredients together using a double boiler.)
  4. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
  5. Beat together the eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt until well combined.
  6. Add the melted chocolate, and beat gently by hand or on a low setting on a mixer until evenly incorporated.
  7. Add the flour and walnuts, stirring until just combined.
  8. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. (If you're a fan of gooey brownies, check this around the 15 minute point.)
  9. Enjoy with a glass of milk while the brownies are warm!

Do you have a go-to brownie recipe like this one?

Kelly @ Hidden Fruits and Veggies March 6, 2013 at 11:36 am

These sound SO amazing! I’m not normally a chocolate person, so I dont think I’ve ever had a favorite brownie– but when the mood strikes, I could probably eat a whole pan. These definitely look whole-pan-eating worthy

Erin March 15, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Thanks, Kelly! They’re really, REALLY delicious, and even if you aren’t a chocolate person, I don’t think a small one of these would hurt you since you aren’t normally a huge chocolate fan. ;) And I feel you. They really are whole-pan-eating worthy.

Jayne March 6, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Oh yes… these brownies sound incredible! Anything with Lindt –> superb. I can’t say I will ever have brownie fatigue but I did have Fillet O Fish fatigue. That was the only burger I’d have as a kid. Only recently did I try it again. Oh, and durian fatigue. haha.. I had a bit to much once when I was young and now, it’s just meh. I can have one or two seeds and that’s about enough for me.

Erin March 15, 2013 at 8:35 pm

They really are delightful, Jayne. And that’s too funny that you had Filet-O-Fish fatigue. Those were my FAVORITE as a kid, and I sometimes still have a hankering for one, as strange as that is since I generally stay away from fast food all together. ;) And I’m gonna have to look up a durian because I’ve never tried one!

Glad I’m not the only one who has suffered some kind of food fatigue.

Natalie March 6, 2013 at 8:56 pm

This looks like a magical chocolate brownie that I need to make ASAP! I need these brownies in my life so I am totally picking up Lindt bars this weekend so I can make em!

Erin March 15, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I know I’m a little behind in commenting, so did you make these lovely little treats last weekend? If so, what’d you think?!

Jamie March 9, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Ooh, can’t wait to try these! I also love your new print recipe plugin!

Erin March 15, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Thanks so much, Jamie! I absolutely LOVE these brownies, and I hope you do, too!

Alice Maund Parker March 14, 2013 at 8:18 am

Erin, Erin, Erin !
As your mother and originator of the “go-to baked good of your childhood”, I love this new recipe. Remember that the “go- to” had many versions (fudge pie, best brownies, peanut butter topped brownies, blah,blah,blah)and this new recipe is one more version. Gotta love chocolate! xo, mom

Erin March 15, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Yes, that is very, very true. And it’s also true that I will sometimes throw peanut butter into these brownies because I love that combination from childhood. And the love of chocolate comes from you, so I’m glad we share this. XO!