The thermometer is climbing as the warm summer temperatures arrive. To combat the heat, we should cool down with a tall glass of this large-batch Blueberry Lemonade, which strikes the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Blueberries are muddled, then mixed into freshly squeezed lemon juice, cool water and simple syrup to create this refreshing beverage. Blueberry Lemonade is the perfect non-alcoholic drink to enjoy during the summer months.
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
- Essentials: Metal muddler.
- Get the look!: Kate Spade New York Raise a Glass Acrylic Pitcher. Crisa Impressions Glasses.
Not gonna lie: As I started writing this post, I was singing a little old school Nelly.
It’s getting hot in here old school Nelly.
Because while we’ve had some cold fronts push through Dallas in recent weeks, summer is nigh.
And it’s bound to get H-O-T in no time flat.
In my opinion, the best way to combat the oncoming heat is to have a go-to summertime drink.
My drink this year is Blueberry Lemonade.
Last week, I picked up a giant box of blueberries, as well as two large bags of fresh lemons, in preparation for the baby shower we hosted this past weekend. Our friends are having a boy, so I wanted a drink that was appropriately colored (even if the muddled blueberries leave this drink a little pinkish/purple), as well as something refreshing and non-alcoholic for our guests to enjoy!
A take on my Strawberry Lemonade recipe, I made this drink the day before the shower. I knew the preparations were going to get a little crazy the day-of, and I wanted to give myself as much time as possible to pull things together on Saturday.
Thank goodness I did! During the preparation process, my co-host got injured and required stitches. She’s thankfully all right, but it was quite a scare at the time.
Since this lemonade was made the day before the party, I didn’t have to fret about squeezing lemons and muddling blueberries while trying to balance the remaining party prep while my co-host was being stitched up at the minor medical ER.
While the afternoon was bonkers, we got everything done, and the shower was a smashing success!
And this Blueberry Lemonade? It was well-loved, too! While there’s still a little bit left in my fridge, it won’t be around for long.
Erin’s Recommended Tools/Products for Blueberry Lemonade
Here’s how I made it:
Large Batch Blueberry Lemonade
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Simple Syrup
- 10 cups water
- 2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups blueberries , muddled
Make the Simple Syrup
- In a saucepan over high heat, combine the water and granulated sugar.
- Swirl the mixture around the pan until the sugar dissolves.
- When the sugar has dissolved, remove from the heat, and set aside.
Make the Lemonade
- In a large glass container, combine the water, simple syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice and muddled blueberries.
- Stir with a large spoon until combined.
- Chill overnight or pour over ice.
- If chilling overnight, strain the lemonade before serving, removing bits and pieces of blueberries, as well as lemon pulp, if need be. (Or leave them in if you don't mind it!)
- Chill with the frozen blueberries, and serve cold.