Blueberry Strawberry Pound Cake
Finish your summertime patriotic feast on the lighter side with Blueberry Strawberry Pound Cake, full of blueberries and strawberry puree. This pound cake, which is completely dairy free, makes a perfect dessert for a warm summer’s day. Makes 1 cake.
It should be no surprise that I’m adoring all kinds of fresh berries while the summer months are upon us. I mean, have a look at these Strawberry Honeysuckle Sparkler, Dairy-Free Blueberry Lemon Crumble Muffins, Blueberry Pecan Feta Salad and Chicken, Strawberry and Apple Summer Salad, all of which I’ve made recently.
Berries are my favorite, and I knew I wanted them to play a part in my July 4th dessert this year.
The question was how to make a recipe that was simple, easy to make in advance and refreshing but not as simple as serving fresh berries in a bowl and calling it a day.
Other recipes we adore for July 4 and summertime: Spinach and Feta Burgers / No Mayo Potato Salad / Greek Bruschetta / Blackberry Ginger Lemon Whole30 Tea / Patriotic Strawberry Bruschetta
I found the answer in this ultra-moist pound cake, which is dairy free. (High-five for dairy free desserts!)
… Then I went and served with homemade whipped cream.
Once again, my mother was called in to help make this because, as previously discussed, whipped cream is not my forte. However, if you’re avoiding dairy products, I suggest chilling a can of coconut cream and whipping it up to make whipped coconut cream. Use the same technique and add the powdered sugar, and you’ll be set.
Berry Pound Cake Essentials
Disclaimer: The links below are affiliate links. If you click through and take action, I will receive a small commission. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in.
Get the look!
Here’s how I made this dessert:
Berry Pound Cake
Finish your July 4th feast on the lighter side with Berry Pound Cake, full of blueberries and strawberry puree, then topped with homemade whipped cream and fresh berries. The perfect dessert for a warm summer's day.
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, tossed in 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any other kind of milk)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Blueberries and Strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, blended
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
Whipped Cream (Optional)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- A pinch of kosher salt
Make the strawberry puree
- In a blender, combine the strawberries and the sugar. Blend smooth. Set aside.
Make the pound cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick baking spray, and set aside.
- In a small bowl, measure the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk until incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg and sugar together until smooth.
- Pour in the almond milk, olive oil and the vanilla extract, whisking until well incorporated.
- Sprinkle the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, folding them into the batter until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry puree into the batter, folding it until the mixture is combined.
- Add the blueberries, folding into the batter gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, then insert a knife or a toothpick to check the doneness. Bake for an additional 30 minutes, checking every 10, until the pound cake is cooked through.
- Let the pound cake come to room temperature.
Make the whipped cream
- In a medium-sized glass bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer at a high speed.
- Sprinkle in the powdered sugar and the salt as the cream is being whipped.
- When it reaches the desired consistency, stop the hand mixer. Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap until time to serve.
Serve the pound cake
- Slice the room temperature pound cake.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries sprinkled on top.
To make this recipe completely dairy free, whip cold coconut cream with a hand mixer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 310Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 164mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 2gSugar: 25gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
Mmmmmm this sounds incredible! I love pound cake and anything that involves berries. I’ll take a slice, please!
Thanks, Jenna! I totally agree with you — anything involving berries and pound cake always sounds good to me! And if I could send you a slice, I would!
Erin, your pound cake recipe looks so moist and yummy! Can’t wait to try it! 🙂
Thank you, Lecy! It’s SO moist and yummy! I hope you love it like we did!
Would it be wrong to eat this cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? That’s my current plan! 😉
Oooh, incorporating that strawberry puree sounds absolutely heavenly!
This is such a beautiful bread!
I would have so many slices of this gorgeous bread. It looks incredible!
I love that the berries are baked right in there!
Berry season makes me so happy! I can practically taste this pretty pound cake.