Last Updated on
This vegetarian Greek Bruschetta, which can be made both dairy free and vegan-friendly, is a tasty way to get a party started! Toss a tomato, cucumber, red onion and feta cheese salad in a homemade Greek vinaigrette. Slather garlicky, toasted baguette rounds with either hummus or tzatziki, then top with the veggie mixture. Colorful, flavorful and hard to stop eating once you start, Greek Bruschetta is a delicious appetizer for any gathering!
Y’all should know about me and my bruschetta addiction by now. Whether it’s sweet bruschetta, savory bruschetta or a sweet-savory bruschetta combination, I’m all in for toasty bread and delicious toppings. Honestly, though, who among us ISN’T up for that—assuming they don’t have an allergy or a dietary restriction that keeps them from enjoying it? This Greek Bruschetta is a combination of two of my favorite things—a veggie-forward Greek salad and bread. It also calls for hummus OR tzatziki—your choice! Personally, the tzatziki worked better for me, but my husband adored the bruschetta with hummus. Our daughter liked both equally, so you’re in for a win either way!
Why not make a traditional bruschetta?
I’ve made a traditional bruschetta: Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta. I love tinkering with classics, as y’all know, and making all kinds of different bruschetta makes my heart and tummy happy.
What is tzatziki sauce?
Tzatziki is a Mediterranean sauce, normally served with grilled meats or as a dip. It’s highlights yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, a little olive oil, salt and an acidic piece. (I use vinegar in my tzatziki recipe, but I’ve seen it made with lemon juice.) You’ll find tzatziki sauce variations in Greek cuisine, Turkish cuisine, the Balkans and the Middle East. They all highlight yogurt with cucumber. I was first introduced to it in a Lebanese restaurant in Baton Rouge and haven’t looked back since. It’s fabulous with Grilled Chicken Shawarma (or on a Chicken Shawarma Salad) or by itself as a dip for pitas or veggies.
What do I need to make Greek Bruschetta?
- Serrated knife.
- Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush.
- Glass bowls.
- Cast iron grill/griddle or a grill.
- A toaster oven.
- Liquid measuring cup (for the dressing!)
- Citrus juicer.
- Long Porcelain Serving Platter.
What can I serve alongside this Greek Bruschetta?
- Grilled Chicken Shawarma
- Roasted Garlic and White Bean Hummus
- Chicken Shawarma Salad
- Italian Hummus
- Turkey Shawarma Wraps
Y’all ready to make some of this goodness for your next gathering? Scroll down to learn how to make it…
- 2 baguettes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, , crushed
- 1/2 red onion, , finely diced (~1 cup)
- 1 English cucumber, , diced (~2 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, , quartered
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup hummus, (or more, if only using this)
- 1/2 cup tzatziki sauce, (or more, if only using this)
- Parsley, , for garnish
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, , zested
- Kosher salt, , to taste
- Black pepper, , to taste
Prepare and Toast the Bread
- Slice the baguette with a serrated knife.
- Rub the baguette slices with the crushed garlic cloves.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Toast on a grill pan until pan marks show. (If you don’t have a grill pan, toast in a toaster oven or a conventional oven until crispy.)
Make the Topping and Dressing
- Using a sharp knife, dice the red onion and English cucumber. Quarter the tomatoes.
- Combine the onion, cucumber and tomatoes in a large glass bowl.
- Measure out the feta cheese into the bowl.
- Using a large spoon, toss the ingredients until combined.
- In a liquid measuring cup, measure out the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Zest the lemon directly into the liquid measuring cup with the other dressing elements. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk or mix with a fork until combined, then pour on top of the vegetables.
- Toss until combined.
Make the Bruschetta
- Using a butter knife, spread hummus OR tzatziki sauce on top of the toasted, garlicky bread.
- Spoon the topping on top of the hummus or tzatziki.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Enjoy immediately.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 127 Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 207mg Carbohydrates: 13g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 3g