Last Updated on
This vegetarian Greek Bruschetta, which can be made both dairy free and vegan-friendly, is a tasty way to get a party started! Colorful, flavorful and hard to stop eating once you start, Greek Bruschetta is a delicious appetizer for any gathering! Makes 12 servings.
Y’all should know about me and my bruschetta addiction by now.
Honestly, though, who among us ISN’T up for that—assuming they don’t have an allergy or a dietary restriction that keeps them from enjoying it?
This Greek Bruschetta is a combination of two of my favorite things—a veggie-forward Greek salad and bread.
It also calls for hummus OR tzatziki—your choice! Personally, the tzatziki worked better for me, but my husband adored the bruschetta with hummus.
Our daughter liked both equally, so you’re in for a win either way!
Why not make a traditional bruschetta?
I’ve made a traditional bruschetta: Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta. I love tinkering with classics, as y’all know, and making all kinds of different bruschetta makes my heart and tummy happy.
What is tzatziki sauce?
Tzatziki is a Mediterranean sauce, normally served with grilled meats or as a dip. It features yogurt, cucumbers, garlic, a little olive oil, salt and an acidic piece. (I use vinegar in my tzatziki recipe, but I’ve seen it made with lemon juice.)
You’ll find tzatziki sauce variations in Greek cuisine, Turkish cuisine, the Balkans and the Middle East. They all highlight yogurt with cucumber.
I was first introduced to it in a Lebanese restaurant in Baton Rouge and haven’t looked back since.
What do I need to make Greek Bruschetta?
Disclaimer: The links below are affiliate links. If you click through and take action, I will receive a small commission. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in.
- Serrated knife.
- Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush.
- Glass bowls.
- Cast iron grill/griddle or a grill.
- A toaster oven.
- Liquid measuring cup (for the dressing!)
- Citrus juicer.
- Long Porcelain Serving Platter.
What can I serve alongside this Greek Bruschetta?
- Grilled Chicken Shawarma
- Roasted Garlic and White Bean Hummus
- Chicken Shawarma Salad
- Italian Hummus
- Turkey Shawarma Wraps
Y’all ready to make some of this goodness for your next gathering? Scroll down to learn how to make it…
This vegetarian Greek Bruschetta, which can be made both dairy free and vegan-friendly, is a tasty way to get a party started! Toss a tomato, cucumber, red onion and feta cheese salad in a homemade Greek vinaigrette. Slather garlicky, toasted baguette rounds with either hummus or tzatziki, then top with the veggie mixture. Colorful, flavorful and hard to stop eating once you start, Greek Bruschetta is a delicious appetizer for any gathering!
- 2 baguettes
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, , crushed
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced (~1 cup)
- 1 English cucumber, diced (~2 cups)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ½ cup hummus, (or more, if only using this)
- ½ cup tzatziki sauce, (or more, if only using this)
- Parsley, for garnish
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Prepare and Toast the Bread
- Slice the baguette with a serrated knife.
- Rub the baguette slices with the crushed garlic cloves.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Toast on a grill pan until pan marks show. (If you don’t have a grill pan, toast in a toaster oven or a conventional oven until crispy.)
Make the Topping and Dressing
- Using a sharp knife, dice the red onion and English cucumber. Quarter the tomatoes.
- Combine the onion, cucumber and tomatoes in a large glass bowl.
- Measure out the feta cheese into the bowl.
- Using a large spoon, toss the ingredients until combined.
- In a liquid measuring cup, measure out the olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Zest the lemon directly into the liquid measuring cup with the other dressing elements. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk or mix with a fork until combined, then pour on top of the vegetables.
- Toss until combined.
Make the Bruschetta
- Using a butter knife, spread hummus OR tzatziki sauce on top of the toasted, garlicky bread.
- Spoon the topping on top of the hummus or tzatziki.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Enjoy immediately.
- Lodge Cast Iron Reversible Grill/Griddle Pan
- OXO Good Grips Silicone Basting & Pastry Brush
- Duralex Glass Bowl Set
- Oxo Good Grips Mini Angled Measuring Cup
- Microplane Zester/Grater
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 139 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 245mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 4g