Strawberry Honeysuckle Sparkler
The bubbly Strawberry Honeysuckle Sparkler is a 4-ingredient summertime cocktail featuring fresh strawberries and honeysuckle vodka. This strawberry cocktail recipe is made in the blender and easy to share! Makes 2 drinks, but can be doubled.
During last year’s July 4th weekend, we attended one of my best friend’s weddings. It was a glorious weekend filled with new and old friends, sunshine and lots of fun.
I was 5 weeks pregnant, and we were keeping it under wraps until I was out of the first trimester.
However, I’m fairly positive no one except the bride bought my whole “I’m our DD” spiel at the rehearsal dinner, then my statement of, “this is totally a gin and tonic” (when it was actually club soda with a lime wedge) explanation at the reception.
And the only reason the bride didn’t buy my stories was because she was too busy getting married.
This July 4th weekend, I plan to indulge a little and have that mixed drink I so desperately wanted last Independence Day, but couldn’t.
Why I love this recipe:
So this year? I present to y’all my Strawberry Honeysuckle Sparkler.
It features a few of my favorite things: fresh strawberries, honey simple syrup (best. discovery. ever!) and honeysuckle vodka.
I was introduced to this specific honeysuckle vodka when Winston and I were in NOLA for a friend’s wedding.
Long story short: I asked the bartender for a Pimm’s Cup, which he said he didn’t have ingredients for, but he suggested another mixed drink, which featured honeysuckle vodka* (affiliate link) from a small distillery in Mississippi.
I was intrigued and ordered the drink. It was allllllll kinds of tasty.
Then I found a bottle of said vodka when I was visiting family in Memphis, and the rest is history.
Honeysuckle is an amazing flavor for the summertime, and when paired with this strawberry/honey puree, it’s divine. Add a little bubbly club soda, and you’re set with a perfect cocktail to sip by the pool or while you hang out in the sunshine.
Other strawberry cocktails for summer: Strawberry Moscow Mule | Strawberry Champagne Cocktail | Frozen Strawberry Margarita | Strawberry French Monaco Drink | Strawberry Margarita
Looking for more drink inspiration? Head on over to my Cocktail Recipe Index for more ideas.
What you need to make this honeysuckle vodka cocktail:
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
- Cocktail shaker
- Cocktail glasses
- Gold foil straws
In addition to these tools, you’re going to need some ingredients, too:
- Strawberries—I recommend using fresh berries, but you could totally use defrosted frozen ones in a pinch! I do not recommend using frozen strawberries because they will change the texture of this cocktail.
- Honey simple syrup—this is our liquid sweetener, and it’s amazing! You can purchase honey simple syrup from a few companies, too, if you don’t want to make it at home.
- Honeysuckle vodka—this adds amazing honeysuckle flavor to the cocktail. Cathead Distillery is the brand of vodka we’ve used, and we love it.
- Club soda—this adds the bubbles to our drink!
How to make a Strawberry Honeysuckle Sparkler
Add the strawberries and honey simple syrup to the base of a blender. Blend until smooth. You may also do this in a food processor if you don’t have a blender.
Pour the strawberry puree mixture and honeysuckle vodka into a shaker with ice. Shake until well-mixed and ice cold.
Divide between two glasses.
Top each glass with the club soda, and give it a stir before enjoying immediately!
Frequently Asked Questions
So many drinks can be made with strawberries! From Strawberry Lemonade to Homemade Strawberry Tea, Strawberry Basil Frozen Daiquiris and beyond, you’ve got a world of flavors that you can explore.
This strawberry cocktail is made by blending fresh (or thawed) strawberries with honey simple syrup. Then we mix it in a cocktail shaker with honeysuckle vodka and pour it into glasses before topping with club soda.
This vodka has a delicate floral taste that smells and tastes like the summertime! If you grew up around honeysuckle vines, you will know it well.
Quick tips and tricks to the best strawberry cocktails:
- Double or triple the recipe for a crowd! This is an excellent cocktail recipe for sharing, and it’s also an interesting one since a lot of people haven’t seen or tried honeysuckle vodka… yet!
- Use fresh or frozen strawberries… but be sure to thaw those frozen strawberries if using them so that the texture isn’t closer to a frozen drink.
- Swap out the sweetener. While I love the honey simple syrup, you can use the same amount of classic simple syrup here, too!
Here’s how I made it:
Strawberry Honeysuckle Sparkler
The bubbly Strawberry Honeysuckle Sparkler is a 4-ingredient summertime cocktail featuring fresh strawberries and honeysuckle vodka. This strawberry cocktail recipe is made in the blender and easy to share!
- ½ cup strawberries, sliced
- 3 tablespoons honey simple syrup
- 4 oz. honeysuckle vodka
- 8.5 fl. oz. club soda
- In a blender, mix the strawberries and honey simple syrup until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry puree mixture and honeysuckle vodka into a shaker with ice.
- Shake until well-mixed and ice cold.
- Divide between two glasses, then top each with the club soda.
- Drink immediately!
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 529Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 104gFiber: 1gSugar: 103gProtein: 0g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
So excited about this recipe, Erin! When we were kids, we’d eat honeysuckle straight from the flower and I adore the flavor! When we bought our home, it was one of the fist things I planted, so I know I’ll love this vodka! Will be picking some up ASAP! Three cheers for being able to enjoy mixed drinks again, Erin!
This looks so refreshing and wonderful! I’ve never tried Honeysuckle Vodka, but it sounds amazing. Definitely need to make this ASAP!
THOSE GLASSES – I need those glasses!!!!!!!!!!! And the drink looks so refreshing.
i need to make these immediately!!! didn’t even know they made honeysuckle vodka, will be on the look for it 🙂 and seriously, i am kinda obsessed with your glasses, they are GORGEOUS!!
This looks so amazing! I’ve been there, a few times actually, where all I want is a cold beer or cocktail but can’t because I’m preggo! I just pinned this to try this 4th! Always enjoy your recipes and cocktails and look forward to seeing you at the Pretty Pintastic Party on Friday!