Homemade peach margaritas are a wonderful summertime sipper! This 5-ingredient peach margarita recipe involves real peaches (not peach-flavored liqueur) and mixes up in a blender in less than 10 minutes. Makes 2 drinks, but is easily scalable.
Gosh, can I just tell y’all that I am so pumped for the summertime and peach season?
Thanks for a sweet friend, we were introduced to the sweetest peach orchard, and I can’t wait to bring our girls there this summer for blackberry picking, peaches and plums, too.
And, of course, when I bring those peaches home, I’ll be making all kinds of peach goodies, including these homemade margaritas.
Why I love this recipe:
Why? It’s the perfect summertime sipper, beautifully balanced and singing of peach flavor. Also, it doesn’t call for peach schnapps because that’s not a mainstay in my liquor cabinet, and I’d venture to say it’s probably not in yours, either.
We’re using actual peaches (frozen, to be exact) to flavor this drink—and it’s much more delightful because of this. The frozen peaches also give this margarita a wonderful almost-frozen consistency, but you could use fresh peaches if you’ve got some ripe ones on hand, too. (I’ll talk more about this in the recipe card below.)
You can also make them in the blender, so this margarita recipe is very easily scaled if you’re hosting friends or family for, say, a backyard barbecue.
Other margaritas you might want to test out: Cadillac Margarita | Strawberry Margarita | Cantaloupe Mint Margarita | Strawberry Mockarita (Strawberry Virgin Margarita) | How to Make a Margarita | Cucumber Margarita | Pineapple Margarita | Avocado Margarita
In the market for a new drink? Check out my Cocktail Recipe Index for inspiration!
What you’ll need to make a Peach Margarita
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
- Margarita glasses (or other glasses that will work with margaritas)
- Jigger or mini angled measuring cup
- Citrus juicer or a citrus reamer
- Fine mesh strainer
In addition to these tools, you’ll need just five ingredients. You might have some of ‘em on hand already, too:
- Frozen peaches—if it’s peach season and the fresh peaches are excellent, slice them up and use them instead! It’ll change the consistency of this drink a little bit, but that’s OK.
- Silver tequila—a 100% blue agave brand, please and thank you.
- Cointreau—or your favorite triple sec, if Cointreau is unavailable
- Limes or freshly squeezed lime juice—I purchase the squeezed kind from the refrigerated section at the grocery store. It’s with the pre-chopped fruit and is worth the splurge. However, you can purchase limes and squeeze ‘em yourself.
- Simple syrup—you can make it at home or you can purchase it from the store or online.
Also, if you’ve got some homemade margarita mix at your house, you could use that in place of the lime juice and simple syrup. I have notations on how to do that below, too.
How to make peach blender margaritas
First and foremost, juice your limes. I typically do this over a liquid measuring cup with a fine mesh strainer on top of it to keep pulp and seeds out of the final juice.
Pro tip: You’ll get more juice from your limes if they’re room temperature. If you keep ‘em in the fridge, pop them into the microwave for 20-30 seconds to get those juices flowing!
Once your limes are juiced and other ingredients are acquired, measure the frozen peach slices, tequila, Cointreau, simple syrup and lime juice into your blender.
Blend the ingredients together until smooth, and then pour into glasses.
Enjoy immediately with a lime garnish!
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips
Peach margaritas are excellent for an at-home happy hour, a homemade Mexican dinner night or even a Cinco de Mayo gathering?
Margaritas at home are so simple because they require few ingredients and even less time to put ‘em together! And this blender margarita recipe is absolutely worth mixing up to share.
Here are a few tips and tricks to make it as easy as possible:
- Make your simple syrup 1-2 days in advance. (Or do what I do and make a big batch so you’ve always got some in the fridge.) Let it hang out in the fridge, and make a lot of it, depending on how many friends are joining you.
- Squeeze the limes an hour or so before guests arrive—or take the store-bought shortcut. Just be sure to get the fresh-squeezed lime juice instead of the shelf-stable kind. It makes all the difference, promise.
- Make extra. After all, if you’re hosting several friends, you might as well double or triple the recipe so you’re not mixing up margaritas by request throughout the evening. I will say that you don’t want to turn this into a pitcher because the margaritas will become slushy, but doubling or tripling the recipe initially is a good idea.
Frequently Asked Questions
A margarita is a cocktail that consists of tequila, Cointreau (or triple sec) and lime juice. Some people add agave nectar or simple syrup to theirs for a little extra sweetness. I am some people and add simple syrup to mine.
If that’s what makes you happy and you’ve got it on hand, sure! It’ll give this peach margarita a stronger peach taste.
Triple Sec is a colorless orange liqueur. It adds orange brightness and citrus to a drink. Cointreau is also an orange liqueur. It has a higher ABV than triple sec, and it’s my orange liqueur of choice for a margarita.
If you’ve got margarita mix (homemade margarita mix or the store-bought kind), omit the lime juice and simple syrup with 5 ½ oz. of the margarita mix.
Quick tips and tricks for making the best homemade margaritas
- Prep your ingredients before mixing your drinks.
- Use the best peaches you can get. I’ve chosen to use frozen peach slices in this recipe because an out-of-season peach is the saddest. (And because you can purchase frozen peaches year-round.) That said, if it’s peach season and you’ve got your hands on some juicy, sweet peaches, slice those up and use them instead!
- Double or triple the recipe! While this peach margarita recipe makes two drinks, you might want to blend up more to share. Do the simple math and throw them all in the blender together!
- Purchase good lime juice. The shelf stable bottled stuff won’t cut it for this Peach Margarita recipe.
Homemade peach margaritas are a wonderful summertime sipper! This 5-ingredient peach margarita recipe involves real peaches (not peach-flavored liqueur) and mixes up in a blender in less than 10 minutes.
- 2 cups frozen peach slices
- 3 oz. silver tequila
- 2 oz. Cointreau (or triple sec)
- 3 oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 ½ oz. simple syrup
- Lime wedges or twists, for garnish
- Peach slices, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend the ingredients until completely combined, then pour into a margarita glass.
- Garnish with a line wedge and a peach slice, and enjoy immediately.
This recipe makes two margaritas, but it can easily be doubled or tripled if you’re pouring margaritas for a crowd.
How can I use margarita mix in this recipe? If you’ve got margarita mix (homemade margarita mix or the store-bought kind), omit the lime juice and simple syrup with 5 ½ oz. of the margarita mix.
My favorite margarita store-bought shortcuts:
- Cold press freshly squeezed lime juice: It sounds silly, but if you can find this refrigerated lime juice that’s good to go, it’s worth the cost, especially if you’re entertaining.
- Simple syrup: If you’re unsure if you’ll have time to make and then cool simple syrup, they sell this bottled stuff in stores, too!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 5gSugar: 44gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.