Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this twist on the classic margarita: Cantaloupe Mint Margaritas! Light, fruity and refreshing, this chilled cocktail will become a warm-weather favorite. Makes 3 margaritas.
Margaritas and I have a 10-year history together.
It was love at first sip… but we had a few years that were touch-and-go.
I won’t go into the details of what happened, but I will say is we all know how it ends when you give someone who has a sweet tooth a cocktail that doesn’t taste like it has alcohol.
It’s not pretty.
Because of this, I swore off margaritas for a few years.
When we moved to Texas, I decided to try my luck with margaritas again. Because while my go-to alcohol of choice is beer, I cannot resist a good margarita.
However, I’d surpass a beer in favor of this Cantaloupe Mint Margarita.
It’s a little bit sweeter than the average margarita, and it boasts just a hint of that gorgeous, light cantaloupe flavor. Combined with the mint, this drink is out-of-this-world.
Other Cinco de Mayo recipes we adore: Strawberry Mockarita (Strawberry Virgin Margarita) / Blackened Shrimp Tacos / Pork Carnitas Enchiladas / Margarita Cupcakes with Salted Tequila Frosting / Caramelized Onion Guacamole
What tools and products do I need to make these Melon Margaritas?
Disclaimer: The links below are affiliate links. If you click through and take action, I will receive a small commission. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in.
Now who’s ready for even more Cinco de Mayo recipes!?
I’ve teamed up with several of my blog friends to bring y’all this glorious round-up of recipes that are perfect for a celebration!
Cinco de Mayo Drink Recipes
- Roasted Strawberry Rhubarb Agua Fresca by Will Frolic for Food
- Strawberry Watermelon Agua Fresca by A Savory Feast
- Raspberry Lime Rickey Margaritas by Feed Me Phoebe
- Watermelon Mint Margarita by Gold & Bloom
- Blood Orange Margaritas by Glisten and Grace
Cinco de Mayo Appetizer Recipes
- Poblano & Mushroom Tosadas by The Mexitalian
- Pineapple Cilantro Salsa by Feast + West
- Cheesy Southwest Egg Rolls by Pink Cake Plate
- Brussel Sprout, Wild Mushroom, Avocado and Feta Tacos with Tomatillo Salsa by Arthur Street Kitchen
- Roasted Veggie Salsa by Living Well Kitchen
- Carne Asada Fries by Tornadough Alli
Cinco de Mayo Dinner and Side Recipes
- Cinco de Mayo Party Inspiration and Recipes by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Pork & Black Bean Stew by think fruitful
- Street Corn-style Roasted Potatoes by A Little Gathering
- Crispy Fish Tacos with Cajun Mayo by Winstead Wandering
- Shredded Chicken Gorditas by Loves Food, Loves to Eat
- Mexican Carrot Dogs with Chunky Salsa Verde by Strength and Sunshine
- Chicken Fajita Sandwich by Simply Healthyish
- Seared Scallop Tacos with Spring Mango Salsa and Avocado Cream by Domesticate ME!
- Nightshade Free Southwest Salad by I Say Nomato
- Southwestern Orzo Salad by Family Food on the Table
- Veggie Stuffed Chiles Rellenos with Avocado Cream by Hello Little Home
- Slow Cooker Red Chicken Enchiladas by Sustaining the Powers
- Margarita Shrimp Tacos by Macheesmo
- Traditional Homemade Flour Tortillas by Sustaining the Powers
- One Pot Taco Soup by A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- Sizzling Texas Fajitas by Sustaining the Powers
Cinco de Mayo Dessert Recipes
- Margarita Granita by Feast + West
- Tequila Lime Tart by Love & Flour
- Margarita Poke Cake by Pink Cake Plate
- Mojito Cupcakes by The Rustic Willow
- Tequila Lime Cupcakes with Margarita Buttercream by Sugar Dish Me
Summertime is just around the corner, and cantaloupe and mint are going to be abundant so soon!
Just think of all the margaritas you can make with the summer bounty!
An added bonus, this recipe makes THREE margs, so you can have enough to share with friends!
Here’s how you can make your own:
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this twist on the classic margarita: Cantaloupe Mint Margaritas! This refined sugar-free recipe comes together quickly and easily with just a few ingredients. Cantaloupe chunks, mint leaves, agave nectar, tequila, orange liqueur and ice are blended together to create this one-of-a-kind cocktail. Light and refreshing with hints of mint and cantaloupe, this drink is perfect for any warm weather get together. The Cantaloupe Mint Margarita is sure to become a favorite!
- 2 cups cantaloupe, chopped
- 1 oz. orange liqueur
- 3 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. lime juice, freshly-squeezed
- 1 oz. agave nectar
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Granulated sugar
- In a blender, combine the cantaloupe, orange liqueur, tequila, freshly-squeezed lime juice, agaze nectar, mint leaves and ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth.
- Run a sliced lime over the rim of your glasses, and dip in sugar.
- Pour the margaritas into the glasses.
- Serve with a mint leaf as garnish, and enjoy cold!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Sodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g