Celebrate Halloween in style by mixing up a Candy Corn Martini! Strong on candy corn flavors, this cocktail is perfect for anyone who enjoys a sweet drink. Make the infused vodka a few days beforehand, and then share! Makes 1 drink (and a pint of candy corn vodka!)
For those of you who love to indulge on Halloween, I’ve got a treat for you.
Turns out, it fares wonderfully (if not a little strongly) and creates a delightful ORANGE infused spirit.
This Candy Corn Martini is somethin’ else… so if you like sweet cocktails, I have a feeling this will be your go-to for All Hallows Eve.
The key is infusing the vodka a few days in advance so it’s ready to go when you’re ready to mix these Halloween drinks.
Whether you’re handing out candy (and will need a little boozy goodness to get through your dog barking her head off every time the doorbell rings) or hosting pals for a Halloween get together, this martini is festive and goes down easy!
Other Halloween recipes we adore: Halloween Peanut Butter Chocolate White Chocolate Chip Cookies | Spiked Caramel Apple Cider | Halloween Trail Mix | Halloween Dessert Nachos | Apple Cider Margaritas
Looking for a specific Halloween recipe, but you can’t put your finger on it? Check out my Halloween recipes collection here.
What you’ll need to make Candy Corn Martinis
Disclaimer: The links below are affiliate links. If you click through and take action, I will receive a small commission. Please refer to my disclosure page. for more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in.
Specialty food items you’ll need to get your hands on for this Halloween cocktail include…
How to Make Candy Corn Martinis
Infuse the vodka with candy corn
In a mason jar, measure out the candy corn. Pour the vodka on top of it.
Add the cap, and shake. Then let the mixture sit for 1-2 days, or until the candy corn has dissolved. You will see some silt at the bottom of the mason jar after it sits for a while, so shake it occasionally to mix the particles and before pouring any drinks.
Store this at room temperature until it’s time to make the drinks!
Mix up a martini
Add ice to your cocktail shaker, and then pour in the candy corn vodka, pineapple juice and ginger beer. Shake until all the liquids are super cold, then pour into chilled martini glasses.
Top the Candy Corn Martinis with tonic water, and garnish with cotton candy.
Pro tip: Don’t add the cotton candy to this Halloween cocktail until you’re about to hand the drink to a pal, as it’ll melt into the drink pretty quickly, and it’s a cool effect!
Enjoy immediately, and drink responsibly. 🙂
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips
- Plan ahead and make the Candy Corn Vodka well in advance! You can mix it 1-2 weeks in advance, if you’d like, and this takes off the stress the week of your Halloween gathering.
- Let guests make their own! Print out a copy of this recipe below, and set it on the bar with ingredients. Let your guests measure out the ingredients into the cocktail shaker, shake it and then pour their own before garnishing with cotton candy.
- Keep this out of reach from kids. This Halloween cocktail is bright orange, and if your kids are anything like mine, they’ll want a sip when they see the neon mixture in your glass. When we’re entertaining and have kids around, we keep the adult drinks separate from the kid drinks (and do our best to keep ’em out of the kids’ reach so there is no confusion.)
Frequently Asked Questions
How far ahead can I make this infused vodka? Honestly, the earlier, the better. This vodka has always taken me 1-2 days to infuse, but if your conditions are different than mine, there’s nothing wrong with giving yourself extra time to make sure it’s ready.
What does the cotton candy actually do? It melts into the drink and adds a little extra sweetness, while also adding an initial pop of white. If it’s not your thing or you think it’ll make the cocktail too sweet, feel free to skip it.
How long does infused vodka last? Since this vodka is made with candy, it can last a loooooooong time. (I’ve had a small amount in my house for the last two years, and it hasn’t gone bad.) I advise only making as much as you’ll want to serve at your party, but rest assured that leftovers won’t go bad and will certainly make it to next Halloween.
Does this infused vodka need to be refrigerated? No. While it wouldn’t hurt to refrigerate this vodka after it’s been infused (and all the candy corn has melted into the vodka), it’s not necessary. Alcohol sanitizes the infused ingredients and also prevents bacteria from growing.
Need some more Halloween cocktail inspiration?
- Mad Scientist Cocktails
- Apple Cider Moscow Mule
- The Witch’s Heart Cocktail
- Gin Apple Pie Cocktail
- The Half Blood Prince Cocktail
Want to learn how to make these?
Scroll on down to learn how!
Celebrate Halloween in style by mixing up a Candy Corn Martini! This festive martini features homemade candy corn-infused vodka, ginger beer, pineapple juice and tonic water before it's garnished with cotton candy, which dissolves into the drink. Strong on candy corn flavors, this cocktail is perfect for anyone who enjoys a sweet drink. Make the infused vodka a few days before Halloween, and then serve to friends while you celebrate the holiday!
Candy Corn Vodka (Makes 3 drinks)
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup vodka
Candy Corn Martini (Makes 1)
- 2 ½ oz. Candy Corn Vodka (recipe above)
- ½ oz. pineapple juice
- ½ oz. ginger beer
- 3 oz. tonic water
- White cotton candy, for garnish
Make the Candy Corn Vodka
- In a 16 oz. mason jar, measure out the candy corn, then top with vodka.
- Shake, then let sit for 1-2 days until the candy corn have all dissolved. Shake occasionally to mix the particles. (There will be sediment once everything has dissolved, and that's OK. Just be sure to shake it up again before you serve drinks.)
- Store at room temperature until it’s time to make drinks!
Make the Martinis
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the candy corn vodka, pineapple juice and ginger beer.
- Shake until chilled, then pour into chilled martini glasses.
- Top with tonic water.
- Garnish with cotton candy, which will melt into the drink almost immediately, and enjoy!
Please note that the Candy Corn Vodka takes 1-2 DAYS and that the drink takes about 5 minutes to mix up. Prepare accordingly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cocktail
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 510Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 104gFiber: 0gSugar: 101gProtein: 0g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
Have you ever infused a spirit before?
Would you like to try a sip of this Candy Corn Martini?
This post was originally published October 6, 2017. The text and recipe portions of the post were updated on September 30, 2019.