Serve up Pepperoni Pizza Rolls to feed a crowd! Store-bought pizza dough is rolled flat, then filled with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni, then rolled into pinwheels and baked to make the ultimate gameday appetizer.
If you need a quick and easy appetizer, listen up.
If you love pizza, listen up.
If you are prepping for any upcoming games — basketball, football, hockey and more — listen up.
I’m normally the girl who makes things from scratch, including pizza dough, king cakes, breads and the like, even though I could usually get something from the store that requires far less time and effort on my part.
I’m makin’ this recipe super easy on us today, and you can purchase all the ingredients from the store to make it as simple as possible.
I ended up using some homemade tomato sauce with ours, but that’s only because we had it in the fridge. We keep tomato sauce on hand at all times because we love to use it in various dishes, and because we’re weird like that.
Seriously. Every time my husband or I go to the store, we grab a few cans of our favorite tomato purees to make sure we’ve got backups to make our favorite sauce.
The star of this dish is obviously the combined pizza dough-pepperoni-cheese goodness. The appetizer is brought together with the previously mentioned tomato sauce. (But please feel free to use your favorite tomato sauce in this recipe.)
And these Pepperoni Pizza Rolls might be the simplest appetizer I’ve ever presented to y’all, which is a win-win.
As an added bonus, they are so dang good… and we may or may not have eaten the entire batch in one sitting and called it dinner. Our daughter was disappointed that we didn’t share the goodness with her.
Whatever the case, I can imagine these going over really well at a party, too, because they’re easy to eat and don’t require much fuss putting together ahead of time, either, so you can spend more time with your party guests. And everyone can spend more time noshing on these pizza bites!
Here’s how we made ’em:
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls
- 1 tube pizza dough , rolled out into a rectangle
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (homemade or jarred), plus more for dipping
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pepperoni (turkey or regular OK)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Spread flour onto a flat surface, and roll out the pizza dough into a rectangle.
- Using a spoon, dollop, then spread the tomato sauce onto the dough.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the tomato sauce.
- Place the pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Roll the pizza dough into a pinwheel slowly, then seal with a little more tomato sauce.
- Slice into 1/2" pinwheels, and gently transfer them to the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between the pinwheels.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then serve with additional tomato sauce.