Want to make the easiest pizza imaginable? Puff Pastry Pizza is a delicious 30-minute meal! Learn how to make this easy pizza recipe with two different topping ideas for any night of the week. Makes 6 individual pizzas.
My husband and I have been making Friday night pizza night a thing since we got married 12ish years ago, and our kids love the tradition.
Sometimes, we get takeout. Other times, we make our own.
All of the times, it’s a scrumptious meal that everyone enjoys.
And we’re adding this Puff Pastry Pizza to our rotation because it’s simpler than your regular homemade pizza, which requires more work and effort.
Why I love this recipe:
We’re suckers for homemade pizza, but sometimes, I don’t want to fuss with homemade pizza dough.
Enter: Puff Pastry.
This pre-made laminated pastry, found in the freezer section of your local grocery, makes for an excellent pizza base!
The puff pastry gets nice and flaky. It also puffs up beautifully as it bakes.
You can add whatever toppings you desire, though I’ve photographed this easy pizza recipe with BBQ chicken and mini pepperoni.
It’s something my kids adore, and it’s significantly less work than making pizza dough that then must rise and be rolled out.
All you need is 30 minutes and the ingredients to make this delicious twist on classic pizza.
Also, it’s fun because it makes individual pizzas so everyone can customize their own to their tastebuds!
Other easy dinner recipes to try: Spicy Fettuccine Alfredo with Hatch Green Chile Peppers | BBQ Nachos | Skirt Steak Tacos | Pan Fried Hamburgers | How to make Stromboli
Looking for more dinnertime inspiration? Check out my Dinner Recipe Index for more ideas.
What you’ll need to make this recipe:
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
Let’s talk ingredients!
In addition to the tools above, you’re going to need some ingredients to make this recipe, too! Chances are, you might already have some of them in your fridge or pantry. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full measurements and instructions.
This is what you’ll need:
- Puff pastry—you’ll need to place it in the fridge to defrost 30-45 minutes before using so you can roll it out a little easier.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese—I used a bag of shredded cheese from my grocery store because that makes this recipe even easier.
- Mini pepperoni—or regular sized pepperoni if you’d prefer!
- Shredded chicken—I always keep shredded rotisserie chicken in my fridge. Use some of that to make a BBQ chicken puff pastry pizza!
- Tomato sauce—this will be the base for the “traditional” puff pastry pizza. You can use homemade tomato sauce or store-bought pizza sauce.
- BBQ sauce—this will serve as additional flavor for the BBQ pizza. You can use homemade BBQ sauce or store-bought.
How to make this Puff Pastry Pizza recipe
Preheat the oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
Flour a flat, clean countertop. Place the sheet of puff pastry on top. Use a rolling pin or your hands to gently roll it out to where it’s about 12”x16”.
Cut the puff pastry into 6 rectangular slices.
Place the puff pastry onto the prepared sheet pans.
Add the toppings. Start each pizza with a little tomato sauce. Add the shredded mozzarella, then add the protein.
For the BBQ chicken pizza, toss the shredded chicken in the BBQ sauce.
Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown and crispy.
Let cool for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips
Can you imagine how fun it would be to have these individual puff pastry pizzas as a pizza night centerpiece?
I can see them being a smashing success at a slumber party for sure, as well as any other gathering where you’d like guests to make their own.
Here’s how you can make it work:
- Double or triple the recipe. Puff pastry packages come with two sheets of puff, so it’s easy to make twice as much.
- Set out various toppings and let guests make their own. While I’ve share how to make Pepperoni and BBQ Chicken Puff Pastry Pizzas here, you can use pesto sauce as a base and add chicken, make a quattro formaggio, etc.
- Make it an appetizer instead. Slice the puff pastry into smaller rectangles and let it be a finger food for a holiday party!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! We use puff pastry in place of pizza dough for this recipe to make six individual-sized pizzas.
In traditional pizza crust, yeast will help the dough puff and rise.
While many baked goods that feature puff pastry require an egg wash, this pizza does not. The egg wash will help the color of the puff, as well as make it slightly shiny.
Make sure you bake it in a preheated, hot oven!
These puff pasty pizzas bake for 15-20 minutes in a hot oven. The bake time will be dependent on your oven and how hot it gets.
Quick tips for Puff Pastry Pizza
- Defrost the puff a bit in the fridge before rolling. This will make it easier to work with.
- Add your own flair! Use your favorite toppings, whether they’re listed below or something else. Add different cheeses, toppings, etc.
- How to store: if you have leftovers, store in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for 4 days. Reheat in the toaster oven or oven until crispy and warmed through.
Want to make the easiest pizza imaginable? Puff Pastry Pizza is a delicious 30-minute meal! Learn how to make this easy pizza recipe with two different topping ideas for any night of the week.
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup mini pepperoni
- ½ cup shredded chicken
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. If it is not already, place the rack is in the middle of the oven.
- Roll the puff pastry into a 12”x16” rectangle. Slice into 6 rectangular pieces.
- Add a little tomato sauce to eat rectangle. Top with mozzarella and whatever protein you desire. (To make the BBQ chicken, toss the shredded chicken with the BBQ sauce and then place on top of the pizzas.)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the pastry has puffed and is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, then enjoy!
Make these your own! You can add different toppings and cheeses to these pizzas if you want to.
How to store: if you have leftovers, store in an airtight food storage container in the refrigerator for 4 days. Reheat in the toaster oven or oven until crispy and warmed through.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 213Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 38mgSodium: 567mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.