This post is sponsored by McCormick®, all opinions are my own.
Zesty Garlic Herb Cream Cheese Dip is a delicious, simple appetizer recipe that’s perfect for sharing. Getting a ton of flavor from McCormick® Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning, this easy dip recipe is ready to serve in less than 5 minutes! Makes 8 servings.
I’m so excited to be teaming up with McCormick and H-E-B to bring y’all this easy dip recipe today. It’s something I aspire for us all to make this summer and fall.
Unsurprisingly, I love an easy appetizer for my family to enjoy or that we can share with friends—and if the appetizer is something I can make at home without issue, it’s even better.
This Garlic Herb Cream Cheese Dip is exactly that, and I envision my family devouring this as we watch movies (or sports!) together in the coming months.
Why I love this recipe:
This Cream Cheese Dip recipe is creamy, zesty and utterly delicious. It comes together quickly, and you just need a handful of ingredients to make it.
The ingredient that elevates this otherwise plain dip recipe is the McCormickSalt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning, which takes our plain Jane creamy dip and gives it wings.
This McCormick Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning includes a blend of garlic, Italian herbs, orange peel, red pepper and paprika. There’s no salt or MSG, either, and this seasoning can add bold flavor to any dish you cook without additional salt. We’ve tried it on baked salmon, and I highly recommend that!
Also, while we’re talking seasoning blends, I’ve got to mention McCormick’s Perfect Pinch Italian Herb and McCormick Hint of Salt Mexican Taco Truck Seasonings, too, because if you wanted to add some different flavors to this cream cheese dip, you could very easily use those as well.
Now, what should you use to dip into this dip? I personally love pita chips and veggies, like baby carrots and cucumber rounds, but you can pair with it whatever makes YOU happy!
Need more appetizer inspiration? Head on over to my Appetizer Recipe Index for ideas!
What you’ll need to make this Cream Cheese Dip
- Food processor or blender
- Rubber spatula
In addition to these tools, you’ll need just five ingredients. You might have some of ‘em on hand already, too:
- Cream cheese—you can use the full-fat kind or a lower fat variety. I do not recommend using non-fat cream cheese in this recipe.
- Greek yogurt—I love pairing Greek yogurt with cream cheese because it adds a strong punch of tart creaminess, and the combination creates a lovely balance.
- Half-and-half—this will make our dip extra creamy and easier to dip since it thins out the cream cheese-yogurt combination.
- Green onions—chop ‘em up and throw them into the food processor. These are going to give us a little extra onion flavor without overwhelming our palates.
- McCormick Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning—a combination of garlic, Italian herbs, orange peel, red pepper and paprika, you can grab this on the spice aisle at your local H-E-B!
What can I use to dip?
There are a lot of options, so choose something that works with your tastebuds, as well as those of the people who will share this easy appetizer recipe with you. (For example, my kids are really into pita crackers, but my husband prefers tortilla chips. You can have a little something for everyone if you so choose.) Here are a few ideas:
- Pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Baby carrots
- Cucumber rounds
- Bell pepper slices
How to make cream cheese dip
First and foremost, get your cream cheese out of the fridge 30-45 minutes before you plan on making this easy appetizer recipe so it has time to soften.
Next, chop those green onions (if they’re not chopped yet.)
When the cream cheese is softened, cut it into cubes and transfer them to the food processor. We do this to make it easier to get the cream cheese in the food processor. (You could make this cream cheese dip in a blender, but I personally find it easier in the food processor.)
Next, measure in the Greek yogurt, half-and-half, chopped green onions and McCormick Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
Blend until smooth. Taste and add additional McCormick Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning if necessary.
Transfer the cream cheese dip into a serving container, and enjoy with your favorite dippers.
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips
Listen. Whether you’re entertaining in the broad sense or entertaining your family at home, this cream cheese dip appetizer would be an excellent recipe to serve to your people.
Why? It’s flavorful, it takes very little time to make and it’s bursting with flavors that pair well with all kinds of dippers. It’s the kind of dip I like to have when we host kids and their families—because kids love dips, and if my kids are in a snacky mood, they’ll eat this paired with various veggies as dippers.
It would also be fun for a family movie night, because who doesn’t love a savory snack while watching a show?
If you want to make this recipe to share, here are some tips to do just that:
- Make extra. While this recipe was more than enough for my family of four, if you’re going to host a friend and their family, you might want to double it, especially if you’ll have lots of folks eating.
- Purchase extra dippers. I feel like I can never predict what kind of dippers people are going to enjoy, and oftentimes, we run out of things like carrot sticks or celery because of it. Be proactive and have enough on hand.
- Make it in advance. Whether you make it 1-2 days beforehand or an hour or two beforehand, this will take the stress off you when guests arrive.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can mix so many things with cream cheese. For this particular cream cheese dip recipe, you’re mixing cream cheese with Greek yogurt, half-and-half, sliced green onions and McCormick Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning.
Remove it from the fridge 30-45 minutes before you plan on making it into this dip. It will soften as it sits at room temperature. Do not soften it in the microwave. Cream cheese does not react well to being heated in the microwave, and it will pop/explode, leaving a mess to clean up.
Once the dip is made, you can immediately eat it. If you’re saving it for later, transfer the dip to an airtight food storage container. Keep it in the fridge for up to a week.
Yes, you can freeze this dip if you’ve got leftovers. When I freeze things like this, I like to freeze them in small batches in freezer-safe containers. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw a container of the dip in the fridge, and enjoy with your favorite dippers.
YES! You could very easily swap out the McCormick Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning for McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Herb or even McCormick Hint of Salt Mexican Taco Truck. Use the same amount and blend to perfection.
Quick tips and tricks for making the best cream cheese dip
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. This will make a difference in the consistency of the final dip.
- Make it in advance. This Garlic Herb Cream Cheese Dip is brilliant because it’s easy to make, but it can also be made 1-2 days in advance of a gathering. If you’re going to serve this for a backyard barbecue or an at-home tailgate party, make it ahead of time, keep it in an airtight container in the fridge, and get it out when it’s time to serve guests.
- Switch up the flavors! The cream cheese base of this recipe is pretty neutral, so you could easily swap out the McCormick Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning for McCormick Perfect Pinch® Italian Herb or even McCormick Hint of Salt Mexican Taco Truck, all found at H-E-B, too.
Zesty Garlic Herb Cream Cheese Dip is a delicious, simple appetizer recipe that’s perfect for sharing. Getting a ton of flavor from McCormick Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning, this easy dip recipe is ready to serve in less than 5 minutes! Makes 8-10 servings.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- Pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Baby carrots
- Cucumber rounds
- Bell pepper slices
- Measure all the ingredients into the base of a food processor or a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and add additional McCormick Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning if desired.
- Transfer the cream cheese dip into a serving container, and enjoy with your favorite dippers.
Tips for the best dip:
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature. If the cream cheese, especially, is too cold, it’ll affect the consistency of your dip.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. It will last like this for up to a week.
- Make 1-2 days in advance (or hours in advance if that’s better for you!), and keep it cold until it’s time to serve. Re-whip or stir before serving.
- Swap out the seasonings. The base of this recipe is pretty neutral, so you could easily swap out the McCormick® Salt-Free Garlic & Herb Seasoning for McCormick® Perfect Pinch® Italian Herb seasoning or even McCormick® Hint of Salt Mexican Taco Truck seasoning. Find ‘em at H-E-B.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 142mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.