Tart with a hint of sweetness, the Raspberry Moscow Mule is beautifully balanced. Calling for fresh raspberry puree and a few other ingredients, this mixed drink is easy to make at home. Makes 1 drink.
The year of the Moscow Mule continues with a RASPBERRY Mule!
Oh yes—this month’s drink features one of my favorite berries and makes for a slightly sweet-slightly tart sipper that can be loved by all.
It requires a little more work than the Classic Moscow Mule because you have to make raspberry puree, but let me tell you: it’s worth the fuss.
And it makes for a STUNNING cocktail, too, that’s perfect for a mom’s night in, Valentine’s Day or just for a happy hour… because you deserve it!
Looking for a different type of cocktail? Check out my Drinks recipe index.
What you’ll need to make a Raspberry Moscow Mule
Disclaimer: The links below are affiliate links. If you click through and take action, I will receive a small commission. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in.
- A cocktail shaker (like the Cresimo 24 oz. Cocktail Shaker & Jigger, Kate Spade New York Gold-Dot Cocktail Shaker or Cambridge Silversmith’s Copper-Etched 24. oz. Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker.)
- Copper mugs.
- A Mini Stainless Steel Angled Measuring Cup (or a jigger to measure out your ingredients)
- Citrus juicer or a citrus reamer
- Blender or a food processor
- Fine Mesh Strainer.
How to make Raspberry Mules
Make the raspberry puree
In a high-powered blender or a food processor, measure out the fresh raspberries and blend until smooth.
Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the raspberry puree into a mason jar. Discard the pulp and seeds.
You can store this goodness in the fridge for up to a week!
How To Make A Raspberry Moscow Mule
Add ice to your cocktail shaker. Yes, you want a shaker for this so everything can get ice cold, as well as mix up super well.
Measure in the ingredients—the raspberry puree you already made, the ginger beer and vodka, too. Squeeze in that lime juice, as well, and make sure you don’t get seeds into the drink. (However, if you do, you can strain them out easy peasy at the end.)
Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously to chill and mix the ingredients, then strain and pour into your glass of choice.
Serve with fresh or frozen raspberries as garnish.
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips
Personally, I think these Raspberry Mules are perfect for a mom’s night in (that means you and your gal pals at someone’s house, hanging out and sipping your favorite cocktail). They’d also be lovely on Valentine’s Day, too.
If you plan on hosting several people, I suggest putting together a “Mule Bar” on a surface in your kitchen or living room. Basically, you’ll set out the ingredients, print out this recipe card below and let guests mix their own cocktails.
Here are a few things to do to make life easier on you:
- Make the raspberry puree 1-2 days in advance. In my opinion, the raspberry puree is the biggest hassle of this drink because you have to strain the berries and pulp out of it, so get that out of the way early and then store it in the fridge until go time.
- One to two hours before the party, squeeze the limes and get that lime juice ready. Do not use jarred lime juice because it’s not nearly as fresh-tasting. The juice becomes more potent as it sits, so keep this in mind.
- Set out measuring tools and cocktail shaker for your guests on the Mule Bar.
- Print out the ingredients and measurements, and place them in a frame (or in a place on the bar where spilled ingredients won’t bother them.)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I really have to strain the raspberry puree?
If you don’t mind seeds and pulp in your cocktail, you don’t have to strain the puree.
However, if you like for your drinks to be smooth, I suggest taking the extra 5-10 minutes to strain the puree.
Can I Make This Mule Without Alcohol?
YES! I was thrilled to learn that previous twists on the Moscow Mule are delicious booze-free, and this one is the same. Leave out the vodka, mix up the other ingredients, then you’re good to go.
What Kind Of Ginger Beer Do You Recommend?
We adore the spiciness of Fever Tree’s ginger beer. If you’re not into a ginger beer that has more spice, the Sprouts Farmers Market brand is delicious, too.
What Is The Best Vodka For A Moscow Mule?
My advice is to use your favorite vodka to make these raspberry mixed drinks. I do not recommend using the cheapest vodka because cheaper vodkas aren’t nearly as smooth or tasty. (In fact, a lot of ‘em are just plain ‘ol gross.)
Our favorite vodka brand is Tito’s .
Quick Tips for Making Raspberry Mules
- Not a vodka lover? Using gin in place of it here would make it a RASPBERRY Gin Gin Mule, and I know that would be delicious!
- Make your raspberry puree in advance. It’s a hassle, yes, but it’s worth the trouble! Get that out of the way so that mixing the drinks is easy peasy
- Want to make pair something with these mules? I highly suggest trying out Dark Chocolate Soufflés, Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes or even Patriotic Strawberry Bruschetta.
Tart with a hint of sweetness, the Raspberry Moscow Mule is beautifully balanced. Calling for fresh raspberry puree and a few other ingredients, this mixed drink is easy to make at home.
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries
Raspberry Moscow Mule
- 4 oz. ginger beer
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 1 ½ oz. raspberry puree
- ½ oz. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Ice, for serving
- Fresh or frozen raspberries, for garnish
Make the Raspberry Puree
- Rinse and pat the raspberries dry.
- Blend the raspberries in a blender or a food processor until
- Use a fine mesh strainer to strain the pulp and seeds out of the puree. Store the puree in a jar, and refrigerate for up to a few days before making this drink.
Make the Drink
- Place ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Measure in the ginger beer, vodka, raspberry puree and lime
- Shake vigorously until all ingredients are combined and chilled.
- Strain while pouring into a copper mug or a glass of your
- Garnish with fresh or frozen raspberries and enjoy immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 403Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 30gSugar: 37gProtein: 6g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.