Raspberry Mango Spring Sangria sings of springtime flavors! Gather friends for this delightfully simple sangria that is oh-so-delicious, yet easy to make. In a large pitcher, muddle raspberries and mint before adding diced mango. Add lime juice and lime slices before pouring in a bottle of sauvignon blanc. Add additional raspberries and lime to the mixture, then chill refrigerator overnight. This sangria is best enjoyed cold on a hot day!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. Thanks for your support of The Speckled Palate!
I’m a sucker for sangria… and let me go ahead and warn you: expect more sangria deliciousness from me in the coming months. It’s so much fun! And you can vary it up! And you can use SO MANY DIFFERENT FRUITS!
So today? Today, we’re using raspberries and mangos combined with lime AND mint.
What could be bad about that?
Turns out, it could be bad news if you’re allergic to mango.
*side eyes self*
At the ripe young age of 26, I discovered my pineapple allergy. Already very allergic to banana, I freaked out. Since then, I’ve avoided most tropical fruits, though I would love to learn that my pineapple allergy has gone away.
It hasn’t. And it’s not worth running the risk of an anaphylactic shock.
But hey, I can still enjoy pineapple if it’s on pizza because the enzymes change as it cooks! (Other weird allergy sufferers, rejoice! Maybe it’s the same for you, too?)
Needless to say, I’ve been avoiding tropical fruits since we discovered my pineapple allergy. Food allergies aren’t any fun, y’all, and they continually freak me out because mine seem to be getting worse with age.
But last week? We ended up with a mango to make salsa with that never made it into a dish because I was a wimp…
I didn’t want this mango to go to waste.
So on Friday, I decided to be brave.
Read: By “be brave,” I mean “Chop up the mango and talk about your anxiety handling said mango and then consider your allergy while drinking and wondering if the tightness in your chest is due to the anxiety or if it’s the allergy.”
Based on how Friday went, I don’t *think* I’m allergic to mango… even though I experienced anxiety over trying this drink after it was made. –> Food blogger problems, that right there. You’re welcome/I’m sorry/Please don’t scold me for giving this a go because YOU NEVER KNOW UNTIL YOU TRY, and my allergist skin test was negative for a mango allergy last time…
And this sangria is utterly DELICIOUS. (As if this combination of flavors could be bad.)
Springtime is gonna be ALL about the fresh mint from my garden this year, and pairing it with mango, raspberry and lime was a smart move. This sangria is super refreshing, slightly sweet and utterly perfect for a crowd.
Essential Tools/Products for Raspberry Mango Spring Sangria
- Citrus juicer.
- Metal muddler.
Get the look!
- Clara Glass Pitcher.
- Harry Rocks Glasses.
- Evergreen Turquoise Plaid Yarndye Kitchen Textiles Napkins.
Now who’s ready for some SANGRIA?
Scroll on down to see how it’s made…
Raspberry Mango Spring Sangria
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 12 oz . raspberries
- 1/3 fresh mint
- 1 mango , diced in ½” cubes
- ¼ cup lime juice , freshly squeezed
- 2 limes , sliced into rounds
- Simple Syrup , as listed above
- 1 750 ml . bottle sauvignon blanc
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, warm the water and sugar together to make the simple syrup. Heat until the sugar has dissolved, then remove from the heat, and let come to room temperature. (This can easily be made in advance.)
- In a glass, muddle the mint with ½ cup of the raspberries, then set aside.
- Using a juicer (handheld or electric), juice the limes. Strain the lime juice using a fine mesh strainer, then pour into a pitcher.
- In the same pitcher, add the muddled raspberry-mint mixture, diced mango, lime and the rest of the raspberries.
- Pour the sauvignon blanc into the fruit mixture.
- Add the simple syrup to the mixture, then stir and refrigerate for at least 10 hours or overnight.
- Serve chilled, and enjoy with additional fruit and mint!