Last Updated on
Surprise friends, teachers and neighbors with this simple, gluten free and vegan Mason Jar Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix for the holidays! Calling for just three ingredients, this peppermint-y gift mix will wow its recipients. Combine sugar, cocoa powder and crushed candy canes in a mason jar, and gift the jar with candy canes or a seasonal mug. Simply tie the cocoa’s instructions to the jar with a festive ribbon, and this homemade gift is good to go!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
If you’re anything like me, chances are you’re just getting started on Christmas shopping… even though you aspired to start before Thanksgiving. (Wamp wamp.)
If you’re anything like me, you love the idea of homemade gifts, but you don’t have a ton of time on your hands to make said homemade gifts.
If you’re anything like me, you’re specifically wondering what the heck to make for your toddler’s teachers this Christmas.
Well, if you’re searching for a tasty, homemade present, you’ve come to the right place.
I highly recommend mixing up a few of these Mason Jar Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mixes for the folks you want to personalize a present for.
It’s delicious with regular milk or non-dairy milk. It’s easy to make in a large batch. It looks cute in a jar with a bow. And it makes a delightfully easy (but fancy-looking!) present to make at home. Attach the instructions with a candy cane or place the mason jar in a festive mug, and presto! You’ve got a present!
Peppermint Hot Cocoa is totally my jam this holiday season.
The cocoa is rich without being cloyingly sweet, and the peppermint adds delicious flavor. In fact, you could add more crushed candy canes if you wanted because it’s so tasty!
It’s just as simple to mix up as the store-bought kind, except it’s so much tastier.
And who doesn’t love this kind of tasty stuff during the holidays?
Erin’s Recommended Tools/Products for Mason Jar Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix
- Essentials: Mason jar(s). Measuring spoons.
- Get the look!: Hot Drinks Glass. Gold dot dessert plate (Similar from 8 Oak Lane.) 8 oz. mason jar. Red patterned napkins (Similar from John Robshaw.)
Now who’s ready to make some Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix for some folks they adore?
Here’s how you can do it:
Surprise friends, teachers and neighbors with this simple, gluten free and vegan Mason Jar Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix for the holidays! Calling for just three ingredients, this peppermint-y gift mix will wow its recipients. Combine sugar, cocoa powder and crushed candy canes in a mason jar, and gift the jar with candy canes or a seasonal mug. Simply tie the cocoa's instructions to the jar with a festive ribbon, and this homemade gift is good to go!
- 5 tablespoons Dutch processed cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons candy cane pieces
Make the Hot Cocoa Mix
- Measure the cocoa powder, granulated sugar and candy cane pieces in an 8 oz. mason jar.
- Shake the jar until the ingredients are combined.
- Store in a cool, dark place until all the cocoa mix has been used.
Make a mug of the Hot Cocoa
- Heat 6 oz. regular (or non-dairy) milk in the microwave in 20 second bursts until warm.
- Measure 2 teaspoons of the warm milk.
- Using a spoon, stir until the mix dissolves into the milk.
- Top with marshmallows, garnish with a candy cane and enjoy immediately!
Serving Size:1 2tsp serving (without liquid)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 27 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1mg Carbohydrates: 6g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g