Surprise your family and friends by baking these seasonal Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Swirl Blondies this year! A twist on a traditional blondie, these treats sing of pumpkin-flavored goodness. Pumpkin puree mixes into the blondie batter, along with traditional pumpkin spices, then the fall flavors are punched up a notch with the swirling of Caramel Cream Cheese into the batter. These gooey-in-the-middle blondies make a delicious fall dessert!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
I am… and I brought us a dessert to snack on.
When I initially thought of creating these sweet little blondies, I envisioned them with a simple, decadent caramel swirl.
The problem was… when I added the caramel and swirled it in solo, it transformed the texture of these blondies to that of bread pudding.
Let’s be real: I’m not talking bad about bread pudding. Bread pudding is awesome. In fact, I need to make a recipe to share with y’all because it’s one of my all-time favorite desserts.
But I didn’t want my blondies to be bread pudding blondies.
Because if you’re biting into a blondie, you want it to have a blondie consistency, yes?
So back to the drawing board I went.
The cream cheese keeps these blondies blondie-esque while allowing the caramel to be swirled into the batter.
Oh, and I salted it. Because OF COURSE I DID.
Unsurprisingly, it makes these blondies even more decadent and oh-so-perfect for the fall!
Erin’s Recommended Tools/Products for Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Swirl Blondies
- I religiously use my Williams-Sonoma Traditionaltouch™ Square Cake Pans in brownie and cake baking. The Wilton Recipe Right 9” Square Covered Pan would also be great for this!
- To get the Caramel Cream Cheese Swirl nice and smooth, I recommend using a hand mixer. I adore the KitchenAid 5-Speed Hand Mixer my mom purchased me for Christmas years ago. I hear good things about Oster 6-Speed Retractable Cord Hand Mixer and Hamilton Beach 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Snap on Case, too!
- Get the look: KOVOT 11-Oz Glass Milk Bottle (Set of 12). Threshold Pretty Party Napkins (Set of Four). Threshold White Appetizer Plate with Gold Rim.
Now who’s ready to make some blondies?
Pumpkin Caramel Cream Cheese Swirl Blondies
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Caramel Cream Cheese Swirl
- 4 oz . cream cheese , softened
- 3 tablespoons caramel sauce
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Make the Caramel Cream Cheese Swirl
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, measure out the cream cheese, caramel sauce and the salt.
- Using a hand mixer, whip the three ingredients together until smooth and well mixed. This should take 1-2 minutes.
- Set aside.
Make the Blondies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper, then spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree and the melted butter. Whisk together until smooth.
- Crack the eggs in a separate bowl, and pour into the bowl.
- Measure in the sugar.
- Using the whisk, beat until the ingredients are well incorporated and smooth.
- In another smaller bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and salt. Whisk together until combined.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, stirring carefully with a rubber spatula until all the ingredients are combined.
- Pour the blondie batter into the prepared baking pan, smoothing out with the spatula.
- In three separate spots, dollop the Caramel Cream Cheese Swirl on top of the blondie batter. Using a butter knife, swirl the mixture into the batter, bringing the knife from one side to the other of the pan until the swirl has been created.
- Transfer the baking pan into the preheated oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly before cutting into the blondies. Enjoy!
Now who’s ready for more pumpkin goodness? Check out what my friends made for the #virtualpumpkinparty!
Cake Over Steak • Quick Pumpkin and Kale Risotto + Arancini
Twigg Studios • Sausage Stuffing Baked in a Pumpkin
Donuts, Dresses and Dirt • Pumpkin Spice Latte Popsicles
Cloudy Kitchen • Pumpkin Cake with Vanilla German Buttercream
Vegetarian Ventures • Smoky Pumpkin & Black Sesame Hummus
Eat Boutique • Pumpkin Scallion Dumplings
A Little Saffron • Pumpkin Stuffed Shells
Two Red Bowls • Pumpkin & Maple Caramel Baked French Toast
Wallflower Kitchen • Mini Pumpkin & Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Wit & Vinegar • Pumpkin Butterscotch Banana Split
Style Sweet CA • Pumpkin Creme Brulee Cake
Nommable • Pumpkin Biscuits with Mushroom Thyme Gravy
With Food + Love • Cinnamon Raisin Pumpkin Seed Bread
Hortus • Creamy Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Sevengrams • Vegan Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
Jojotastic • 1 Pumpkin, 2 Ways: Pumpkin Trail Mix & Dog Treats
Grain Changer • Pumpkin Spice Baked Oatmeal
Girl Versus Dough • Pumpkin Cranberry Flax Crisps
Earthy Feast • Pumpkin Grits + Pumpkin Home Fries + a Fried Egg
Harvest and Honey • Truffled Pumpkin Papardelle Alfredo with Frizzled Sage
Tasty Seasons • Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cake
Broma Bakery • Pumpkin Butter Pop Tarts
Tending the Table • Roasted Pumpkin and Barley Salad
The Sugar Hit • Super Soft Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Delicious Not Gorgeous • Waffles with Spiced Pumpkin Butter and Brown Sugar Walnut Crumble
Taste Love and Nourish • Pumpkin Bread Pudding
The Green Life • Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk & Hazelnut Skillet Cookie (Vegan)
Foolproof Living • Pumpkin Creme Fraiche Pasta with Sage
The Monday Box • Pumpkin Mini Bundt Cakes
Design Crush • Pumpkin Bourbon Hot Toddy
The Road to Honey • Pumpkin Pie & Chocolate Layer Cake
My Name is Yeh • Roasted Pumpkin with Yogurt and Hazelnut Dukkah
Give Recipe • Orange Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
Heartbeet Kitchen • Magic Vegan Pumpkin Pie Fudge
Beard and Bonnet • Marbled Pumpkin Muffins
Eat Within Your Means • Vegan Pumpkin Blender Muffins
Snixy Kitchen • Pumpkin Tapioca Pudding with Candied Pumpkin Seeds
Ruby Josephine • Moroccan Sweet Pumpkin + Beef Tagine
An Edible Mosaic • Pumpkin Spice Chia Seed Pudding
Hey Modest Marce • Mascarpone Pumpkin Pie
Inspired By the Seasons • Pumpkin Applesauce Smoothie
CaliGirl Cooking • Pumpkin Praline Cinnamon Rolls with Spiked Cream Cheese Glaze
Sally’s Baking Addiction • Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake
Well and Full • Spicy Chipotle Pumpkin Hummus
Appeasing a Food Geek • Cheese Fondue Stuffed Roasted Pumpkin
SweetPhi • Pumpkin Chili Biscuit Bake
Warm Vanilla Sugar • Buttermilk Pumpkin Doughnuts
Mademoiselle Poirot • Cinnamon-Pumpkin Mousse on Honey Panna Cotta topped with Hazelnut Brittle
Heart of a Baker • Pumpkin Sticky Buns with Vanilla Bean Frosting
Flourishing Foodie • Massaman Curry with Pumpkin and Chickpeas
Ginger & Toasted Sesame • Pumpkin Jeon
Lindsay Jang • Best Ever DIY Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Fix Feast Flair • Hokkaido Pumpkin + Sage Mac and Gouda
Will Frolic for Food • Pumpkin Kale Patties with Coconut Cilantro Rice
A Couple Cooks • Pumpkin Pecan Baked Steel Cut Oats
Vermilion Red • Pumpkin Pie Souffle
Britnell • Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Displaced Housewife • Brown Butter Pumpkin Donuts
Sweet Gula • Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
La Pêche Fraîche • Pumpkin and Condensed Milk Cakes
Kitchen Konfidence • Pumpkin Ricotta Gnocchi with Rosemary Brown Butter Sauce
Loves Food, Loves to Eat • Savory Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Kale & Caramel • Goat Cheese & Sage-Stuffed Pumpkin Challah
Okie Dokie Artichokie • Pumpkin Chorizo Chili with Sweet Potatoes + Pinto Beans
Salted Plains • Easy Pumpkin Bread
Liliahna • Chicken Legs with Pumpkin and Tortellini
TermiNatetor Kitchen • Whole Wheat, Pumpkin & Brown Sugar Brioche
Vermilion Roots • Sweet Rice Dumplings with Pumpkin
Celebrate Creativity • Pumpkin Mini Cheesecake Tarts
Serendipity Bakes • Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake
So Much Yum • Vegan Maple-Glazed Pumpkin Spice Doughnuts
The Brick Kitchen • Pumpkin, Pecan & White Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches
Lisli • Pumpkin Pie Cake
Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt • Pumpkin Pie Dip
Fig+Bleu • Pumpkin Granola
Floating Kitchen • Chicken and Pumpkin Chili
The Wood and Spoon • Pumpkin Pecan Cake with Burnt Sugar Frosting
Fork Vs Spoon • Pumpkin Streusel Muffins
Lemon & Vanilla • Pumpkin and Coconut Caramel Flan
Dunk & Crumble • Pumpkin Chocolate Icebox Cake
Chicano Eats • Pumpkin Butter Pan de Muerto
On the Plate • Pumpkin Pancakes, Salted Caramel & Pecans
Rough Measures • Cosy Pumpkin Spice Latte (Caffeine and Dairy Free)
Brewing Happiness • Pumpkin Ginger Breakfast Cookies
A Butterful Mind • Pumpkin Cheesecake with Vanilla Whipped Cream
The Little Loaf • Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Fork to Belly • Pumpkin Gnocchi
The Little Epicurean • Chocolate Hazelnut Pumpkin Pie
Bourbon and Honey • Spicy Roasted Pumpkin with Honey and Feta
What to Cook Today • Spicy Pumpkin Noodle Soup
Food by Mars • Pumpkin Pie (Grain-Free, Diary-Free)
The Bojon Gourmet • Pumpkin Butterscotch Pudding
Oh Honey Bakes • Pumpkin Cake with Gingersnap Toffee
Long Distance Baking • Layered Pumpkin Cheesecake
The Jam Lab • Pumpkin Madeleines Dipped in White Chocolate
The Lemon Apron • Pumpkin Gingerbread Loaf with an Olive Oil Glaze
Sun Diego Eats • Thai Pumpkin & Sticky Rice Cakes
A Cozy Kitchen • Pumpkin Chai Scones with Black Tea Glaze
A Cookie Named Desire • Pumpkin Shrubs
Eating Clean Recipes • Vegan Pumpkin Chia Pudding
Kingfield Kitchen • Vegan Fresh Pumpkin Soup
Drink and Cocktail Recipes • Pumpkin Dirty Chai
The Pig & Quill • Pumpkin Sage Cannelloni (Dairy-Free)
My Lavender Blues • Pumpkin, Banana & Olive Oil Bundt Cake
Betty Liu • Pumpkin + Pear Butter Baked Melty Cheese
Happy Hearted Kitchen • Cinnamon Roasted Pumpkin with Tahini Yogurt + Hazelnut Dukkah
InHappenstance • Pumpkin Scones with Maple Butter
Live Eat Learn • Pumpkin Gingerbread Hot Cocoa