Don’t just make regular scrambled eggs! Use mushrooms, onions and fresh spinach to make Jazzed-Up Scrambled Eggs for breakfast this morning.
I am a big breakfast person.
As in, I will eat breakfast for any meal of the day… and would happily do this if everything consumed was slightly different. (I have issues with eating the same thing again and again. Jim “I eat Ham & Cheese every day while working at The Office” Halpert, I am not.)
So when the weekend rolls around, I am always wanting to do something good for breakfast. And since it’s football season, we have weekly weekend visitors. This gives me the excuse to make big breakfasts for everyone.
These eggs were one of those weekend creations, and let me just say, they are a HIT because they’re a step-up from perfectly delicious and simple scrambled eggs.
The difference? You chop up an onion (or half, depending on how much you like onions), toss it in a frying pan along with some mushrooms, pour in the eggs and then top with spinach that basically melts into the egg/veggie mixture. You can add cheese at the end, too, if you’d like!
Don't just make regular scrambled eggs. Use mushrooms, onions and fresh spinach to make Jazzed-Up Scrambled Eggs for breakfast this morning!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup onions, diced finely
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and mushrooms to the butter, sauteeing until soft. (You can substitute these veggies for something else if you'd like. We've added a LOT of different veggies into our eggs in the past.)
- Toss in the fresh spinach and let wilt.
- While vegetables are cooking down, crack eggs into a bowl and mix together with the black pepper, Tony's and skim milk.
- When the vegetables are ready, turn down the pan to low.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook until eggs are light and fluffy.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 387mgSodium: 431mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.