This Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel recipe first appeared on Savory Experiments, where I am a contributor.
These easy Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels are the perfect sweet and salty snack for parties, dessert and more! Ready in 45 minutes, this quick cinnamon pretzel recipe is loved by both adults and kids. Makes 15 servings… or less if you’re in a snacky mood!
If you’re in the market for a wonderfully easy, wildly delicious sweet/salty snack or dessert recipe, these pretzels are for you.
My entire family is into cinnamon—and these pretzels highlight that favorite ingredient while stepping it up a notch with sugar!
These Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels cook up in a flash, smell AMAZING and taste delicious, too! They’re great for a snack at any type of gathering and would also make an excellent food gift, too. (If you love to give food gifts, check out my Gourmet Food Gift Guide.)
Why I love this recipe:
Quite honestly, when I set out to make this sweet Cinnamon Pretzels recipe, I was doubtful that the pretzels would cook up as they did.
But after tossing the mini pretzels in cinnamon sugar, I baked ‘em… and the cinnamon sugar mixture cooked onto the surface of the pretzels, making them extra crispy, sweet and delicious.
And let’s be real: These easy Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels are a whole lot easier to make than a cinnamon sugar soft pretzel recipe. Why? Those homemade soft pretzels require a homemade dough, rise time, hand-rolling, boiling and then baking to golden brown perfection. I love a homemade pretzel, but sometimes, you want a pretzel snack without the extra effort, right?
Our friends loved them, too. You’d better believe that I’ll be using this pretzel recipe for years to come as a snack and a homemade gift for the holiday season.
Other easy recipes for snacking or sharing: Chex Mix Puppy Chow | Pretzel Cheese Dip | Easy Snack Board | Funfetti Dip | How to Make the Best Summer Snack Sandwiches | Parmesan Pretzel Bites | Christmas Chex Mix
Need some more snack inspiration? Head on over to my Snack Recipe Index for more ideas.
What you need to make Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
In addition to these tools, you’re going to need a few ingredients to make these simple Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels at home.
- Store-bought pretzel twists—the small ones that are bite-sized! You could also use pretzel sticks, though I haven’t tried those in this recipe.
- Unsalted butter—since the pretzels are salted, we don’t need to use salted butter.
- Granulated sugar—also known as white sugar. Brown sugar or turbinado sugar will not work in this recipe, so please use this!
- Ground cinnamon—there’s no substitution here, either, so please use your favorite ground cinnamon from the grocery store!
How do you make cinnamon sugar pretzels from scratch?
These pretzels are extremely simple to make! Before you get started, though, make sure to preheat your oven and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat. This will ensure the pretzels don’t stick to the baking sheet.
While you’re at it, preheat the oven, too.
Pour the pretzels into a large mixing bowl, and drizzle the melted butter on top of them. Use a rubber spatula to toss until the pretzels are coated. We don’t want any rogue butter at the bottom of the bowl because this helps the cinnamon-sugar stick to the pretzels.
In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and sugar. This is going to make our homemade cinnamon sugar. Stir them up and pour the mixture on top of the pretzels.
Use that same rubber spatula to toss the pretzels until they’re all coated. This might take a few minutes, just depending on how large your bowl is and how easily you can move the pretzels around.
When the pretzels are coated, pour them onto the prepared baking sheet, and pop that in the preheated oven.
Pro tip! In order for these pretzels to bake evenly, you’ve got to stir them with a heat-safe spatula every 10 minutes. To do this, I remove the baking sheet from the oven and place it on a heat-safe surface. You can use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to give them a gentle stir before transferring the baking sheet back into the oven.
When the pretzels are done, the sugar-cinnamon mixture will have crystalized on the pretzels. They will look dry, as opposed to how they looked when you initially put them in the oven. (If they still look wet, you need to bake them for longer.)
Let the cool, and once cool, enjoy or store for later!
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s made from a combination of sugar and ground cinnamon. For this recipe, we’re using granulated (white) sugar.Typically, there is more sugar than cinnamon since a little cinnamon goes a long way, flavor-wise.
Yes! Since it’s so simple to make, I highly recommend making your own.
If you’re hosting a gathering where you want a sweet-salty snack, make these! These would be great to set out for a housewarming party, an at-home tailgate, a holiday party, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Quick Tips and Tricks for making the best Cinnamon Pretzels
- Don’t rush them… or turn up the heat to make them cook faster! We don’t want to run the risk of these pretzels burning, so give them the time they need to do their thing.
- How to store these pretzels: Once the pretzels have cooled, transfer them to a gallon-sized plastic bag. Seal the bag tightly and push any extra air out of the bag. They will keep for more than a week if stored properly.
- How to make Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels ahead of time: Bake them on a day when you have an hour to spare. After all, you’ll need to be close to the oven to give the baking pretzels a stir. Follow the instructions for storing so they’ll keep until you are ready to use them.
These easy Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels are the perfect sweet and salty snack for parties, dessert and more! Ready in 45 minutes, this quick cinnamon pretzel recipe is loved by both adults and kids.
- 15 oz. (1 bag) pretzel twists
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat, and set aside.
- Pour the pretzel twists into a large mixing bowl.
- Drizzle the butter on top of them. Use a rubber spatula to toss until all the pretzels are coated.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, stirring until mixed.
- Pour the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the pretzels, and toss until all the pretzels are coated.
- Transfer the pretzels to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pretzels for 30 minutes, gently stirring them with a heat-safe spoon or spatula every 5-10 to ensure all parts of the pretzels bake and do not burn.
- Please keep an eye on your pretzels because if your oven is running hot, they can burn!
- When the pretzels have baked for 30 minutes and no longer appear wet, remove from the oven, and let cool completely. This will take 20-45 minutes, just depending.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to store: Once cooled, transfer the pretzels to a gallon-sized plastic bag and seal tightly, pushing any extra air out of the bag. They will keep for more than a week if stored properly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 83Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 49mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 0g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.