Last Updated on
This post has been sponsored by Kellogg’s ®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Bring summer snacks on the go with cracker snack kits! Townhouse® Crackers, Club® Crackers, Carr’s® Crackers and Cheez-it®, all purchased at Albertsons, pair beautifully with favorite sandwich toppings to make the ultimate sandwich. These cracker sandwiches are fun to put together and eat.
Summertime is a busy time of year, and our little family seems to be constantly on the go.
Whether we’re hitting the road to visit family, heading to swim lessons in another area of town, or meeting a friends for a picnic at the park, we spend a lot of time in our car.
As the mama of two littles, it’s important to me for us to have good snacks that are easy to bring along… and aren’t wildly messy, either.
Thanks to Kellogg’s and Albertsons, we can break out of our usual snack routine by making and bringing along cracker snack kits!
These snack kits feature some of our favorite crackers, as well as our favorite deli meats and cheeses, for easy on-the-go snacking or picnicking that’s also perfect for an at-home lunch that’s a little different.
What you’ll need to make these Snack Kits
- Townhouse® Crackers
- Club® Crackers
- Carr’s® Crackers
- Your favorite deli meat (we used oven baked turkey breast, honey ham and turkey pepperoni)
- Your favorite sliced cheese (we used a combination of sharp cheddar, mozzarella, muenster and provolone)
- Cookie cutter, if you want to cut the cheese slices into fun shapes for the kids
- Containers to bring your cracker sandwiches in
Where can I get the ingredients for these summer snack sandwiches?
I purchased all my ingredients for these cracker sandwich kits at Albertsons and was easily able to find them all.
The crackers were in the cracker aisle. The lunchmeat and sliced cheese were near the deli section in the store, and I was easily able to choose my favorites.
Now with the Albertsons app, you can click and save coupons as well as learn about sales and what’s in stock.
How to make Homemade Snack Kits with Cracker Sandwiches
Choose your container and get it ready.
Where are you going to serve these snack sandwich kits? Depending on your answer to this question, what you serve it on will change.
If you’re bringing them along for a road trip or errands around town, you’ll want to pack them to go.
They’re perfect in bento boxes but if you don’t have one, you can still make them and bring them on the go!
I used our glass storage containers and divided the sandwiches and toppings with parchment paper cupcake liners. You could also use the silicone ones, too.
If you’re making lunch at home, serve them on a plate to individuals or place a bunch of them on a platter for a more grand display because lunch at home can be fun, too!
Choose your cracker and topping combination.
For these photos, I put together several combinations of flavors.
Some of our favorites were:
- Townhouse Crackers with sliced turkey breast and provolone
- Club Crackers with turkey pepperoni and mozzarella
- Carr’s Crackers with honey ham, muenster cheese and cheddar
I also added Cheez-its to my daughter’s Bento box because we love those, too!
Prepare your homemade snack packs
Take your on-the-go boxes, your crackers, and your toppings and prepare everything!
If you want to, you can make the cracker sandwiches and store them in the containers for easy on-the-go snacking. You can also keep them separate and let your people (whether they be kids, your friends or even yourself) put them together when it’s time for a snack.
I chose to do both for us, and I’ll be honest: My 4-year-old absolutely loved being able to choose her own adventure with these when we had a backyard picnic.
Erin’s Tips and Tricks for making Homemade Cracker Snack Kits
Possibilities are endless. Mix and match your crackers, deli meats and cheeses to your heart’s content. Add charcuterie, too, if your people dig that.
Bring an ice pack and/or cooler to keep your ingredients cool until it’s time eat them.
Keep the ingredients separate, especially if you’re road tripping or picnicking in a place that’s not your neighborhood. Build the sandwiches when it’s time to eat.
FAQs about Homemade Snack Kits
How do I keep the crackers from going stale if we’re taking these on the road?
Honestly, I would pack up the deli meats and cheeses together in your bento box or food storage container and leave the crackers in their box.
Chill the deli meats and cheeses in a cooler. Let the crackers stay at room temperature.
When it’s time to eat, get out the crackers and let everyone arrange their sandwiches the way they’d like.
What are some other flavor combinations we can try for these homemade cracker sandwiches?
My dad used to send me to school with PB&J crackers. That’s a delightful combination, and it would be wonderful on the buttery Townhouse Crackers or Club Crackers.
Any other type of lunch meat will work here, too. So will charcuterie.
So if you’re bringing these on the road for folks who enjoy soppressatta and pepperjack, have at it!
If they’re into soft and hard cheeses, bring those along and pair them with the Carr’s Crackers! If they don’t eat meat at all, add extra cheese to your snack kit instead of making room for the turkey or ham slices.
What kind of flavors do you think you would like in these cracker snack kits?
Scroll on down to see how I put together our favorites…
Bring summer snacks on the go with cracker snack kits! Townhouse® Crackers, Club® Crackers, Carr's® Crackers and Cheez-it® pair beautifully with favorite sandwich toppings to make the ultimate sandwich. Pack crackers, deli meats and cheeses in a bento box to make a fun mix-and-match sandwich situation or put together the sandwiches at home to enjoy for lunch. No matter where you gobble them up, these cracker sandwiches are a fun and tasty lunch!
Townhouse Crackers® + Turkey + Provolone Sandwiches
- 6 Townhouse Crackers
- 2 slices oven roasted turkey breast, cut into small pieces
- 2 slices provolone cheese, quartered (or cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters)
Club® Crackers Pizza Sandwiches
- 4 Club Crackers
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese, quartered (or cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters)
- 4 slices turkey pepperoni
Carr’s® Crackers + Ham + Muenster + Cheddar Cheese Sandwiches
- 4 Carr’s Crackers
- 1 slice Muenster cheese, quartered (or cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters)
- 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese, quartered (or cut into fun shapes with cookie cutters)
- 1-2 slices honey ham, cut into small pieces
- Choose your cracker sandwich combination.
- Layer your meats and cheeses on top of your crackers of choice.
- Top with another cracker.
- Serve immediately or pack in food storage containers to bring as snack kits on-the-go.
- Pack a bento box lunchbox or a food storage container with several different crackers and toppings.
- Let people mix and match their cracker sandwiches when it’s time to eat.
- Possibilities are endless. Mix and match your crackers, deli meats and cheeses to your heart’s content. Add charcuterie, too, if your people dig that.
- Bring an ice pack and/or cooler to keep your ingredients cool when you’re on the road.
- Keep the ingredients separate when you’re keeping them cool. Keep the crackers at room temperature, out of the cooler, and build the sandwiches when it’s time to eat.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 237 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 38mg Sodium: 370mg Carbohydrates: 17g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 6g Protein: 15g