This post and giveaway are sponsored by DRY Sparkling. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support The Speckled Palate! #HolidayPairingParty
Prepare for the upcoming holidays by mixing up a cocktail with some ginger zing! Ginger Pomegranate Mules make the perfect seasonal drink for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Made with DRY Sparkling Ginger, 100% pomegranate juice, vodka and ginger simple syrup, this drink comes together quickly and can be made in batches for a crowd. Serve in copper mugs for that traditional mule feel, and enjoy sipping on this spicy cocktail throughout the season.
Ginger + Pomegranate = a combination that dreams are made of
While I’d sadly never tried this combo before this year, I’m definitely going to be enjoying it all season long… and for seasons to come.
Something about the natural spice of ginger just melds so well with the tart/sweetness of the pomegranate.
A few months back, I was offered the opportunity to try out two new flavors of DRY Sparkling. As a fan of sparkling sodas for mixed drinks, I thought it would be a fun collaboration, so I jumped on it!
When we learned about the flavors we’d get to test out, The Limited Edition Ginger DRY Sparkling sounded intriguing to me. In fact, I knew it would be delicious in a twist on the classic Moscow Mule. (You know, since I like twists on a classic mule.)
And y’all are lucky today because not only do I have a delicious twist on a seasonal mule for you, but several of my friends have made dishes and cocktails for us to (virtually) sip and nibble upon, too.
Additionally, I’ve got a delicious DRY Sparkling giveaway that includes this Ginger DRY Sparkling, another flavor and more goodies!
Be sure to scroll down beneath the recipe to get the information on our #HolidayPairingParty, as well as the giveaway.
This Ginger Pomegranate Mule is utterly delightful.
The pomegranate is both tart and sweet. The Ginger DRY Sparkling adds spice and boldness to the drink. The homemade ginger simple syrup adds a shot of sweet. And the vodka adds the booze factor to this new favorite cocktail.
The best part? If you’re not into booze, simply skip it! This drink is delicious either way.
Erin’s Recommended Tools/Products for Ginger Pomegranate Mules
Please note that some of the links listed below are affiliate links, meaning if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, I would receive a small commission. Thanks for your support of The Speckled Palate!
- Essentials: Copper Mugs. Mini Stainless Steel Angled Measuring Cup. Cute paper napkins for serving (like these Be Thankful Napkins, the Kate Spade New York Gold Dot Cocktail Napkins and the I Am Thankful Beverage Napkins.)
- Get the look: Xummit Stunning Smooth Moscow Mule Copper Mug / Cup with Golden-Hued Handle and the Threshold Porcelain Rectangular Platter in White.
Who’s ready for a seasonal mule?!?
Here’s how I did it:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2” piece of fresh ginger root, peeled
- 2 oz. 100% pomegranate juice
- 4 oz. Ginger DRY Sparkling
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 1 oz. ginger simple syrup
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the water and sugar over medium-high heat.
- Add the peeled ginger, and bring to a simmer.
- When the sugar has completely dissolved into the water, remove from the heat.
- Let the mixture steep for 30 minutes, then remove the ginger and store in the refrigerator until time to serve.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the pomegranate juice, vodka, ginger simple syrup and ice.
- Pour into copper mugs over more ice.
- Top with the Ginger DRY Sparkling.
- Enjoy immediately!
Likewise, the Ginger Pomegranate Mules can be doubled or tripled in the same cocktail shaker.
Now, who wants to know a little more about DRY and the #HolidayPairingParty?
DRY Sparkling creates beautiful, refreshing, culinary-inspired sodas. Made with a touch of cane sugar, each DRY variety honors botanical flavor. DRY is great on its own, paired with food or mixed into cocktails.
To celebrate the upcoming holiday season, I’ve teamed up with some of my blogger friends to throw a virtual Holiday Pairing Party! Last week and this week, we will be virtually sipping sparkly seasonal drinks and nibbling on tasty holiday food pairings with DRY Sparkling’s new limited edition Ginger and Cranberry sodas!
Be sure to visit Amber’s blog, Loves Food, Loves to Eat, tomorrow, Thurs., Nov. 17, 2016, for the full round-up of #HolidayPairingParty recipes.
Check in at the following blogs to see everyone’s recipes, too!
- Loves Food, Loves to Eat
- Dunk and Crumble
- Feast and West
- Wit and Vinegar
- Daily Waffle
- Cake n Knife
- Chicano Eats
- Appeasing a Food Geek
- A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
- A Little Saffron
- Weeknight Society
And head over to DRY Sparkling to learn more about where to find the holiday flavors, plus see below for details on how you can win a DRY Sparkling prize pack of your own!
Now… who’s ready for the GIVEAWAY?
You can celebrate with the new holiday flavors, too! Enter to win everything you need to fully enjoy DRY Sparking throughout the holidays, including:
- 1 Bottle of Limited Edition Cranberry DRY Sparkling
- 1 Bottle of Limited Edition Ginger DRY Sparkling
- A DRY Sparkling Tee in Your Size of Choice
- A Pair of Custom Fuji Apple DRY Sparkling Socks
- A DRY Sparkling Beanie
- Two DRY Sparkling Flutes
My giveaway runs from today, Wed., Nov. 16, 2016, through 12 a.m. CST on Wed., Nov. 30, 2016. It is open to U.S. residents only. (Sorry, international friends!)
Now… who’s ready to party?
Let’s do this thing: