Celebrate the holiday season by mixing up a festive seasonal cocktail with some zing! This Ginger Pomegranate Mule recipe makes the perfect fall and winter drink. Calling for just four ingredients, this gingery cocktail comes together quickly and can be made in batches for a crowd.
Ginger and pomegranate is a combination that dreams are made of.
While I’d sadly never tried this combo before this year, I’m definitely going to be enjoying it all season long… and for seasons to come.
Something about the natural spice of ginger just melds so well with the tart/sweetness of the pomegranate.
Why I love this recipe:
This Ginger Pomegranate Mule is utterly delightful and just requires four ingredients.
It strikes the most beautiful balance between tart and sweet and has just a hint of spice, thanks to two types of ginger in the cocktail itself.
Honestly, this is just a lovely seasonal cocktail.
And if you don’t drink, you can simply leave it out and add a little bit of extra ginger beer to the top. Easy peasy.
More seasonal drinks to try: Pomegranate French 75 | Toasted Pecan Old Fashioned | Pomegranate Margarita | Sparkling Bourbon Apple Cider Punch | Pomegranate Hot Buttered Rum | Vanilla Cranberry Old-Fashioned Cocktail | Cranberry Ginger Bourbon Fizz
Looking to mix a unique cocktail? My Cocktail Recipe Index has tons of inspiration for you!
What you need to make this cocktail:
The Speckled Palate participates in affiliate programs. As an Amazon Associate, I earn a commission from qualifying purchases. Please refer to my disclosure page for more information about these affiliate programs.
Let’s talk ingredients!
In addition to the tools above, you’re going to need some ingredients to make this recipe, too! Chances are, you might already have some of them in your fridge or pantry. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full measurements and instructions.
Here’s what you need:
- Pomegranate juice — grab this in the refrigerator section of your grocery. It’s nice and tart and delicious!
- Ginger simple syrup — you’re going to make this at home. All you need are granulated sugar (also known as white sugar), water and a knob of fresh ginger. You could also purchase it online.
- Vodka — use your favorite brand or what you’ve got on hand! Tito’s is what we keep in our house at all times.
- Ginger beer —Fever-Tree is my all-time favorite ginger beer because it offers awesome spice without too much sweetness.
How to make a Ginger Pomegranate Moscow Mule
Make the ginger simple syrup
If you’re purchasing your ginger syrup from the store* (affiliate link), skip this part. 😉
Combine equal parts water and granulated sugar in a medium saucepan.
Peel a knob of fresh ginger, and toss it in there, too. (It should be about 2″ long.)
Heat the ingredients over medium-high heat until they are simmering.
Once the sugar has completely dissolved into the water, turn off the heat.
Let the mixture steep for 30 minutes.
Remove the ginger, and transfer to a mason jar to store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Make the Ginger Pomegranate Mule
Combine the pomegranate juice, vodka, ginger simple syrup and ice in a cocktail shaker.
Shake vigorously until all the ingredients are combined and super cold.
Pour into copper mugs over more ice.
Top with the ginger beer.
Erin’s Easy Entertaining Tips
Moscow Mules are the perfect party drink because they require few ingredients, and those ingredients are pretty easy to prep in bulk.
These Pomegranate Moscow Mules are particularly festive for the holiday and Christmas season, and they’re great for gatherings.
If you’re serving guests at a holiday gathering, turn this singular mule into a Mule Bar!
- One to two hours before the gathering, make the simple syrup, if you’re making it.
- Prep your garnishes. This will depend on what you’d like to garnish these cocktails with. I recommend quartered limes and pomegranate arils as a festive, colorful garnish.
- Print out the recipe and instructions so guests can mix their own.
- Set out the ingredients in separate jars or containers on whatever surface you’re transforming into your Mule Bar.
- Make it a pitcher! I have included instructions for how to do this below and in the recipe card.
More mules to try:
- Cranberry Mule
- Gingerbread Mule
- Apple Cider Moscow Mule
- Cranberry Moscow Mule (Yule Mule)
- Pumpkin Spice Mule
Need more holiday food ideas? Check these out:
- Blue Cheese + Bacon Cheesecake
- Gin & Ginger Fizzy Lifter
- Crispy Pork & Sesame Slaw Sliders
- Apple and Caramelized Onion Tartlets
- Sparkling Cranberry Orange Cream Puffs
- Pear and Pecan Arugula Salad with Sparkling Cranberry Vinaigrette
Prepare for the upcoming holidays by mixing up a cocktail with some ginger zing! Ginger Pomegranate Mules make the perfect seasonal drink for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Made with DRY Sparkling Ginger, 100% pomegranate juice, vodka and ginger simple syrup, this drink comes together quickly and can be made in batches for a crowd. Serve in copper mugs for that traditional mule feel, and enjoy sipping on this spicy cocktail throughout the season.
Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 ” piece of fresh ginger root, peeled
Ginger Pomegranate Mule
- 2 oz. 100% pomegranate juice
- 1 ½ oz. vodka
- 1 oz. ginger simple syrup (recipe above)
- 4 oz. ginger beer
Make the Ginger Simple Syrup
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, heat the water and sugar over medium-high heat.
- Add the peeled ginger, and bring to a simmer.
- When the sugar has completely dissolved into the water, remove from the heat.
- Let the mixture steep for 30 minutes, then remove the ginger and store in the refrigerator until time to serve.
Make the Ginger Pomegranate Mules
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the pomegranate juice, vodka, ginger simple syrup and ice.
- Pour into copper mugs over more ice.
- Top with the ginger beer.
- Enjoy immediately!
The simple syrup should make enough to mix 7-8 Ginger Pomegranate Mules, depending on how much liquid dissolves. The recipe can easily be doubled.
Likewise, the Ginger Pomegranate Mules can be doubled or tripled in the same cocktail shaker.
How to make a pitcher:
Combine the following ingredients in a pitcher, stir vigorously and serve immediately.
- 12 oz. pomegranate juice
- 9 oz. vodka
- 6 oz. ginger simple syrup
- 24 oz. ginger beer
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 0gSugar: 45gProtein: 0g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.