Last Updated on
Quick Rosemary Drop Biscuits make a delicious bread to serve alongside any holiday or weeknight dinner. These quick biscuits require just a handful of simple ingredients, which include fresh rosemary, butter, flour and more. Combine the ingredients, and dollop onto a prepared baking sheet, then bake. From start to finish, these biscuits are on the table in just 20 minutes. What’s not to love about these easy, fluffy, flavorful biscuits?
Last week, my schedule was thrown off course because of sickness, and I didn’t have a chance to make/photograph/write/schedule any posts for this week. My sweet blogging bestie Madison offered to share a post with y’all today. Homemade biscuits are one of my absolute favorite things, and I cannot wait to make Madison’s recipe.
I have a really bad thing for bread. I truthfully don’t know where it started but with most meals, if there’s not a carb-y element, I feel like there’s something missing.
I’m totally fine just having a slice of bread and butter in a pinch, but I’m really most happy when there are biscuits involved. I will blame my few years stint living in the south for that one, or maybe my love of Cracker Barrel.
At any rate, my love for all the carbs has led me on a journey to learning how to make bread homemade. While I love the process of watching dough rise, that’s not always practical for my everyday bread needs.
That’s where drop biscuits come in.
There’s just enough of the homemade bread process to give you satisfaction over making something from scratch but it’s perfect for nights where your meal just needs a little something extra.
These rosemary drop biscuits are just a twist on a classic drop biscuit recipe I’ve loved and used for years, but the addition of the rosemary is perfect for hearty fall and winter flavors.
You can make these rosemary drop biscuits in a pinch and they’re ready within the same prep and cook time as the rest of your meal. They also keep well for a few days so you can make a batch of them and have some for later.
They’d also be great with sausage gravy or used for leftover thanksgiving or Christmas sandwiches.
Whatever your bread needs are, rosemary drop biscuits are your solution, my friend.
Quick Rosemary Drop Biscuits
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 to 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup melted salted butter
- 1 cup milk (whole or skim OK)
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary , chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat, and set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, and whisk until combined.
- Pour in melted butter and gently stir.
- Add the milk and rosemary. Mix until just moistened.
- Immediately drop biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet, and transfer into the oven.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until biscuits are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and serve warm.