This post is sponsored by UncommonGoods. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support The Speckled Palate!
Get in the holiday spirit by whipping up No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream Milkshake! You don’t need an ice cream maker for this recipe. Whip heavy whipping cream, then add sweetened condensed milk, pure peppermint extract and candy cane pieces. Stir gently until combined, then freeze. When it’s time to make the milkshake, scoop the ice cream into a blender, and mix with milk. A smooth, pepperminty shake is the BEST holiday dessert!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
My cousins like to tell the story that they loved visiting our house when we were kids because my parents always had at least one flavor of ice cream in the freezer at all times.
I feel like this might be a slight exaggeration, as I don’t have vivid childhood memories of eating ice cream every night… but it’s true to say that every member of our family adores ice cream.
However, one of our favorite ice creams has become harder to come by in recent years.
This time of year, we used to stock up on Peppermint Ice Cream, as it’s delicious and perfect for the holidays. But it always seems to disappear from the grocery the day after Christmas, then we can’t find it for another whole year.
But seriously, y’all.
Have you had Peppermint Ice Cream? Because if so, you know what I’m talkin’ about.
Today, we’re taking that beloved Peppermint Ice Cream and stepping it up a notch.
First and foremost, we’re making it at home.
Secondly, you DON’T need an ice cream machine. (“Hooray!” exclaims every one.)
And lastly, while this ice cream is perfectly good to consume on its own, we’re turning it into a milkshake.
I was thrilled to team up with UncommonGoods for this recipe. Not only because I love their products and swoon over their catalogue whenever it arrives. (Because that totally happens!) But I love what the Brooklyn-based company is doing.
UncommonGoods supports and provides a platform for artists and designers to sell their jewelry, décor, tabletop items, and handcrafted gifts. Half of the products on the site are made by hand, most of the products are made in the USA and a third of the collection incorporates recycled and/or upcycled materials.
Super cool, right?
So we’re kicking off holiday recipes today with a No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream Milkshake served in a Milkshake Diagram Glass.
And since we’re kicking off all that holiday goodness… it’s got me thinking about presents.
If it makes you think of presents, too, UncommonGoods has great gift ideas for women. Their Christmas gift round-up (and this specific one for women) offer some brilliant ideas, too. In case you’re searching for something specific. 😉
Essentials for No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream Milkshake
Get the look!
- Milkshake Diagram Glasses (Set of 4).
- Brass Inlay Cheese Board.
- Various red napkins. (Similar from Sobremesa by Greenheart and John Robshaw.)
- Paper straws.
Now how ‘bout we make a MILKSHAKE?
Scroll on down to learn how easy this ice cream is to make and the ingredients you’ll need to whip them into a pepperminty milkshake for the holiday season!
Get in the holiday spirit by whipping up a No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream Milkshake! You don't need an ice cream maker for this recipe. Whip heavy whipping cream, then add sweetened condensed milk, pure peppermint extract and candy cane pieces. Stir gently until combined, then freeze. When it's time to make the milkshake, scoop the ice cream into a blender, and mix with milk. A smooth, pepperminty shake is the BEST holiday dessert!
No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream
- 2 cups (1 pt.) heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon pure peppermint extract
- ¾ cup candy cane pieces, ground up pretty finely, plus additional to sprinkle on the top
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 large scoops No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup milk (whole or skim OK)
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Candy Canes pieces, for decoration
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
Make the No Churn Peppermint Ice Cream
- In a large bowl, pour in the heavy whipping cream.
- Using a hand (or stand) mixer, whip the cream slowly at first, then increase the speed until soft peaks form.
- In another bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk with the peppermint extract and candy cane pieces, stirring until smooth.
- Fold the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the ice cream into a loaf pan. Sprinkle with additional candy cane pieces. Freeze overnight.
Make the Whipped Cream
- In a chilled glass bowl, measure in the heavy whipping cream.
- Using a hand (or stand) mixer, whip the cream slowly at first. Increase the speed.
- When the cream starts coming together, measure in the powdered sugar.
- Continue whipping the cream until peaks form when the blender is lifted from the bowl.
- Chill until time to serve.
Make the Milkshake
- Scoop the ice cream into the base of a blender.
- Measure in the milk and the vanilla extract.
- Blend the ice cream, milk and vanilla extract until creamy and smooth.
- Pour into glasses, and top with whipped cream and additional candy cane pieces! Enjoy immediately.
Please note that this recipe is for just ONE milkshake, but it makes an entire loaf pan of ice cream. You can make up to THREE milkshakes with the loaf pan of ice cream, just depending on the thickness of the milkshakes. (Mine were on the thinner side to make them easier to sip, but if you like yours thicker, you can get TWO milkshakes out of this pan.)
Serving Size:1 milkshake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1354 Total Fat: 105g Saturated Fat: 66g Trans Fat: 3g Unsaturated Fat: 31g Cholesterol: 337mg Sodium: 241mg Carbohydrates: 90g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 75g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 16g