Who doesn’t love a simple, delicious meal that’s ready when they arrive home? This Slow Cooker Italian Meatloaf is a home-y meal that requires little work.
You know those days where you desperately want dinner fixed for you when you’re done working?
And by fixed, I mean you want NOTHING to do with the preparation of the food? Just want it to be there and be delicious and comforting and cozy?
I’ve been having a lot of those days recently.
Life and work have been busy.
This little blog here needed a new design pronto.
I’m working on a crazy/awesome photo project for my upcoming birthday.
And because of it all, I’m a little worn out.
What’s a girl to do?
Luckily, I’ve got an answer for that. … Or I think I’ve figured it out for myself, which is pretty fabulous.
Slow cooker meals have become my BFF lately, and since I’ve been craving comforting, delicious dishes, I’ll pull together the ingredients in the morning, throw them into the slow cooker and let them simmer all day while I work, work, work.
By the time my husband arrives home and I’m done with my workload, dinner is as good as served!
And this Slow Cooker Italian Meatloaf? It’s a winner. It takes a little time to pull together in the morning, but the end result is totally worth the effort.
Here’s how you make it:
Who doesn't love a simple, delicious meal that's ready when they arrive home? This Slow Cooker Italian Meatloaf is a home-y meal that requires little work.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, (2 tablespoons fresh oregano)
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil (1 tablespoon fresh basil)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (2 teaspoons fresh parsley)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ½ cups Fresh Cream of Tomato Soup (or canned tomato soup)
- Preheat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the the turkey, egg, panko, parmesan and seasonings.
- Using your hands, mix the the ingredients together until combined, then form into two rounds.
- Gently transfer the loafs to your saucepan, browning every side until thoroughly browned and crispy.
- Once the outside of each loaf has been browned, transfer them to the slow cooker.
- Top them with Fresh Cream of Tomato Soup.
- Cook on slow for 8 hours.
- Once cooked through, remove from slow cooker and slice into medallions. Top each piece with the tomato soup gravy from the slow cooker.
- Enjoy warm with a side of mashed potatoes (or rice) and green beans!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 205mg Sodium: 1284mg Carbohydrates: 17g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 37g
What is your go-to slow cooker meal?