These rich Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies, studded with everyone’s favorite orange, black and yellow Reese’s Pieces candies, make the ultimate Halloween cookie. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies will be well-loved in any household whose inhabitants love peanut butter and chocolate.
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
If there was peanut butter in the house when I was a kid–and there was always peanut butter in the house when I was a kid–you could rest assured that I’d be eating it by the spoonful.
While I absolutely adored sweets and still do, there was something delightful about peanut butter that made it the ultimate quick snack.
And if there were chocolate chips in the pantry? That spoonful of peanut butter would be topped with them.
Because the combination of peanut butter and chocolate was and still is a major weakness of mine.
A few weeks back, I was thinking about how we inevitably have a ton of Halloween candy leftover in our home after the trick-or-treaters call it a night. And since I only purchase candy I adore to hand out, I find myself nibbling on the leftovers throughout the coming months.
Last year, we had a ton of Reese’s Pieces after the fact, and I knew they’d make for some delightful cookies.
But instead of just making a sugar cookie to throw them in, I decided that a peanut butter cookie base would be waaaaaaaaaaay better. Because, again, peanut butter + chocolate = ridiculously delicious and oh-so-tempting.
Unsurprisingly, the peanut butter cookies turned out beautifully. They’re dense, but they don’t need to be washed down with a glass of milk (unless, of course, you want. Then you should totally do that!) The Reese’s Pieces melt just slightly inside the cookies. And they’re soft on the inside when you bite into them, which is the best thing about a homebaked cookie, in my opinion.
Unsurprisingly, I’m totally purchasing Reese’s Pieces to hand out to the kids this Halloween so I can make these again with the leftovers. Because that’s how I roll.
Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies Essentials
Get the look!
Interested in more peanut butter desserts? Try Vegan Peanut Butter Espresso Cookies, No Churn Peanut Butter Pecan Chip Ice Cream, Peanut Butter Shortbread Cookies and Vegan Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
Just interested in these beauties?
Scroll on down to learn how I baked them…
These rich Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies, studded with everyone's favorite orange, black and yellow Reese's Pieces candies, make the ultimate Halloween cookie. Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, Reese's Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies will be well-loved in any household whose inhabitants love peanut butter and chocolate.
- ¾ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus 2 additional tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups Reese's Pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a nonstick baking mat, and set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, cream the peanut butter, applesauce and sugars together with a hand mixer, blending until smooth.
- Crack the eggs, then pour them into the batter. Add the vanilla extract. Beat until smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, then slowly add them to the batter, using the mixer on a low speed until the batter starts to come together. Beat on a higher speed until smooth and combined.
- Sprinkle in the Reese's Pieces, and fold into the batter using a rubber spatula.
- Dollop the batter on the prepared baking sheet using a tablespoon (or a 1-tablespoon cookie scoop.) Space 1/2" apart so the cookies can spread. Press the cookies down with the palm of your hand, then place a few additional Reese's Pieces on to the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cookies are set, and remove from the oven.
- Cool on a wire cooling rack, and then enjoy!
Adapted from my M&M Cookie recipe.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 119mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.