Last Updated on
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BigGameTreats #CollectiveBias
Chocolate cookies, studded with salted caramel and SNICKERS® chunks, are the perfect dessert to feed a crowd for The Big Game!
As y’all should know by now, we’re big sports fans, and we watch a ton of games throughout the course of the year. While we’re more into football than anything else, we’ve been known to cheer for our teams in basketball, baseball, volleyball and various other sporting events.
And since the new year is here, and there are so many exciting matchups in the near future, it’s the perfect time to share a dessert recipe for the Big Game, especially since I’m into homegating these days.
Homegating, you ask?
Basically, it’s a fancy way to say tailgating at home. Because this mama-to-be isn’t a fan of watching games at bars these days… and because I truly enjoy hosting our friends for events like these.
In fact, I love that sporting events give me the opportunity to open up our home and add some personal gameday-related flair to our decor, as well as make some delicious food for the event.
I used SNICKERS® Bites to create a fun recipe that is perfect for a crowd… and I may have downed at least five of these suckers when the final cookies were out of the oven and not so hot that I burned my fingertips. Priorities, y’all.
Once the cookies had cooled and were ready to be placed out for the crowd, I added some additional SNICKERS Bites, as well as a bowl of Starburst® to the display just in case we hosted some folks who weren’t chocoholics.
Everything you need to make this recipe — the SNICKERS Bites, as well as the various other ingredients — can be found at Walmart in the candy aisle.
Here’s how I whipped up the cookies and how you can do the same for The Big Game at your home:
SNICKERS® Chunk Cookies
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup salted caramel
- 1 1/4 cups SNICKERS® Bites , halved and quartered
- In a large bowl, measure in the butter, applesauce and sugars. Using a hand mixer, cream the ingredients until smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract to the wet ingredients. Mix until combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine, then slowly measure into the wet ingredients, mixing until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Once the dry ingredients have been mixed into the wet ingredients, measure in the chopped SNICKERS® Bites and the caramel, folding in with a spatula until just incorporated.
- Once the dough has been prepared, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for at least one hour.
- When the dough has finished chilling, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Using a cookie scoop, dollop the chilled dough on the baking sheet, leaving 2" between each cookie, as they spread out quite a bit.
- Transfer the baking sheet into the oven, and bake for 12 minutes, or until the cookies have flattened and are crisping up around the edges.
- When the cookies have finished baking, let them cool on a cooling rack. Serve warm with milk, and enjoy!
Now that I’ve shared a dessert recipe for The Big Game, I’m curious…