This post is sponsored by CW by Corningware. I received product and payment to host Friendsgiving dinner. As always, all opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting brands that support The Speckled Palate
Green Bean Bacon Bundles make the BEST fresh holiday side dish! Wrap small bundles of fresh green beans in strip of bacon. Whip up a homemade mustard vinaigrette, then brush the green bean bundles with the vinaigrette. Bake this side dish until the bacon has cooked through. These Green Bean Bacon Bundles are sure to be a winner at this year’s Thanksgiving or Christmas table!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. Thanks for your support of The Speckled Palate!
Green Bean Bacon Bundles.
Try saying that three times fast.
Green Bean Bacon Bundles, Green Bean Bacon Bundles, Green Bean Bacon Bundles…
That’s a tongue-twister if I’ve ever heard (or seen) one.
This recipe is reminiscent of one my mother has cooked for various holidays throughout the years, and it remains one of my favorite dishes because, well, who doesn’t love green beans? And who, assuming they’re a meat eater, doesn’t enjoy bacon, too?
The combination makes for a decadent side dish, something that’s well worth the calories if you limit your love of it to once (or twice) a year.
And I made it for Friendsgiving… because what else could be a better accompaniment to our meal?
Essential Tools/Products for Green Bean Bacon Bundles
- A mason jar to shake up the vinaigrette.
- Sturdy baking dish.
- 1 1/2 lb . fresh green beans , trimmed
- 12 oz . thick cut bacon , cut into halves
- 1 onion , cut into slivers
- Freshly ground black pepper , to taste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic , finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar (can substitute honey here if so desired)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a mason jar, mix the vinaigrette ingredients together until combined. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Take 7-10 green beans, and wrap a bacon strip around each of the bundles. Set into the prepared baking dish. Continue until all the green beans have been wrapped.
- Sprinkle the onion on top of the bundles.
- Season the bundles liberally with pepper (if you like this!), and drizzle the vinaigrette over them.
- Pop the baking dish into the oven for 30 minutes.
- When the bundles have cooked for 30 minutes, turn up the heat to 425°F, and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Transfer the Green Bean Bacon Bundles to a serving dish, and enjoy warm with your Thanksgiving meal!
Get the look!
Here’s how you can make these beauts for your own feast: