Last Updated on
Sweet and simple, Mini White Chocolate-Cherry Bundt Cakes (Instant Pot Cake) make a perfect sweet to enjoy with a cup of afternoon tea. While these Bundt cakes are considerably denser than an oven-baked cake because they were steamed, they are equally delicious. The cake highlights a blend of simple vanilla, almond and white chocolate flavors with an added pop from juicy maraschino cherries. At-home date night dessert couldn’t be easier!
This post contains affiliate links. If you were to make a purchase through one, I would receive a small commission. For more information about the affiliate programs The Speckled Palate participates in, please refer to my disclosure page.
If you’d asked me last summer if I would ever attempt, let alone joyfully eat cake from an electric pressure cooker, I would’ve laughed in your face.
I know. I’m aware of my folly now.
And we have my friend Erica to thank for it.
Erica wrote a brilliant cookbook that’s releasing this month—The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Two—and I was thrilled to be a part of recipe testing for her earlier this year.
We received our Instant Pot for Christmas, but I was kind of terrified to open it. When I mentioned this to Erica when she asked for recipe testers, she was like, “Lemme show you the way.”
And boy, did she.
In celebration of her book’s release, I was sent a copy from her publisher and allowed to choose a recipe to share.
This Mini White Chocolate-Cherry Bundt Cakes (Instant Pot Cake) was my choice because well…
- I didn’t realize that cake in an Instant Pot was a thing.
- The flavor combination sounded really good.
- I’m pregnant, and my sweet tooth is out of control. (Baby Speckle likes sweets. What can I say?)
Not surprisingly, this cake is a DELIGHT! It’s a little denser than a cake you’d enjoy out of the oven, but no less flavorful. Seriously. Whether you’re celebrating date night or girls’ night in or just want a sweet treat for yourself, these mini Bundt cakes are the way to go!
So you’re saying we can make Instant Pot CAKE? What kind of sorcery is this?
Yes! It’s as easy as pie (and takes significantly less time than a pie!)
The cake will steam in the Instant Pot instead of baking in the dry heat of an oven. Because of this, the Mini White Chocolate-Cherry Bundt Cakes will be a little more dense than a baked cake might be. That said, they are insanely delicious and packed full of flavor! (And did not last a night in our house.)
I don’t have an Instant Pot. Can I make these Mini Bundt Cakes in the slow cooker instead?
Sadly, I don’t know how that would work out, so I don’t recommend making them in the slow cooker. (They’d need to cook for significantly longer than in the electric pressure cooker, and I don’t know how that would result.)
However, these Instant Pot cakes should work in any electric pressure cooker, not just the Instant Pot. 🙂
What tools do I need to make this recipe?
- Instant Pot.
- Glass bowls.
- Measuring spoons.
- Hand mixer.
- Silicone Mini Bundt Cake Pans, as shown in the photos.
What are some other recipes for two?
- Anything out of The Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Two
- Seared Scallops with Raspberry Gastrique
- Spinach Madeline (This recipe can be easily downsized… or you can do what we do–make the whole thing, then freeze half!)
- Tangerine Sidecar
- Strawberry Pots de Creme
- Framboise Champagne Cocktail
Ready to make this one? Scroll on down to learn how simple it is…
Sweet and simple, Mini White Chocolate-Cherry Bundt Cakes (Instant Pot Cake) make a perfect sweet to enjoy with a cup of afternoon tea. While these Bundt cakes are considerably denser than an oven-baked cake because they were steamed, they are equally delicious. The cake highlights a blend of simple vanilla, almond and white chocolate flavors with an added pop from juicy maraschino cherries. At-home date night dessert couldn't be easier!
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing
- ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour, plus 1 tablespoon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch kosher salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, , at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 oz. white chocolate, melted and cooled, divided
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 oz. Maraschino cherries, drained and chopped (plus 4-5 whole ones for garnish)
- Add 1 cup of water to your pressure cooker pot and place the trivet in the bottom. Butter two mini Bundt cake pans and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ½ cup of flour, the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream the 5 tablespoons of butter and the sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and almond extract just until incorporated. Slowly beat in half of the melted white chocolate, scraping down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed.
- Beat the flour mixture into the butter mixture in two batches, alternating with the sour cream, just until combined. Toss the chopped cherries with the remaining tablespoon of flour, then fold gently into the batter. Pour the batter into the two prepared pans.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Place the pans on the trivet in the pot. (I stacked mine on top of each other since I don’t have a huge electric pressure cooker for them to sit side-by-side.)
- Secure the lid, and cook on high pressure for 25 minutes, then quick release the pressure in the pot and remove the lid.
- Carefully transfer the Bundt pans from the pot to a rack and let cool for 10 minutes
- Remove the Bundt cakes from the pans and let cool completely on the rack, 30 to 45 minutes. Serve on dessert plates, drizzled with the remaining melted white chocolate and garnished with whole Maraschino cherries.
Don’t own a set of mini Bundt pans? Steam these beauties in two 4-inch springform pans. The cakes may turn out flatter, but they will be just as tasty.
Serving Size:4" mini bundt cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 773 Total Fat: 46g Saturated Fat: 27g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 192mg Sodium: 339mg Carbohydrates: 82g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 57g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g