Instead of baking a cake, shake up a round of Funfettini Birthday Cake Martinis to celebrate any birthday in style! This delicious twist on a birthday cake shot is made with vodka, hazelnut liquor, creme de cocoa, lemon juice and club soda. The rainbow nonpareils garnish takes this drink from regular cake to funfetti goodness. Funfettinis make the perfect dessert cocktail for any sort of revelry, including The Speckled Palate’s Fifth Birthday!
In addition to sharing this delicious cocktail recipe, I’m giving away some of my favorite glassware! Be sure to scroll all the way down to learn what I’m giving away, as well as how to enter.
I’ve found that people fall on one side of the fence or the other whenever it comes to funfetti-flavored anything: They either love it, or they loathe it.
It should come as no surprise that I’m a big fan of funfetti.
My love of funfetti goes back to my college days. For whatever reason, my friends and I were obsessed. Funfetti cake? Done. Funfetti cupcakes? Oh yeah. Funfetti cookies, made from the boxed mix using DIET SPRITE? Mmmhmm.
We ate every rendition we could find. We loved it all. And for good reason — it’s freaking delicious!
And even though I’ve been out of college for eight years — admitting that makes me feel super old! — I’m still a huge funfetti fan. How could I not be?
When I was planning The Speckled Palate’s Fifth Birthday Celebration, I thought it might be fun to make something using funfetti.
Originally, I wanted to bake The Speckled Palate a birthday cake… then realized that I’ve never shared a cake recipe on this blog before (this is the closest that I got)… and then wondered if it would be more fitting to make a birthday cocktail instead.
Because while The Speckled Palate is not quite the legal (human) drinking age, it’s pretty boozy. And y’all seem to enjoy the cocktail recipes as much as I do.
So I continued brainstorming.
I wondered if I could make a Funfetti Martini… or a Funfettini. Because combined words like this are SO MUCH FUN! And usually yield delicious results.
We tried several iterations and recipes that featured various liquors and measurements during these last few weeks. And this one? It was the last we tried, and it’s darn good.
This cocktail is so simple to shake up once you have the right ingredients.
All you need is vodka, hazelnut liquor, creme de cocoa, fresh lemon juice and club soda.
Oh, and rainbow nonpareils. Because they add the funfetti to this birthday cake martini and make the perfect garnish for the rim of your glass. Just be aware that the colors WILL bleed into your drink if you’re not careful when pouring and accidentally get them wet.
Here’s how I made ’em:
- 1½ oz. vodka
- 1½ oz. hazelnut liquor
- ¾ oz. white creme de cocoa
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- 2 oz. club soda
- Lemon wedge + rainbow nonpareils for the rim of glasses
- Pour the rainbow nonpareils onto a dessert (or regular size) plate. Circle the rim of the martini glasse with the lemon wedge, then dip the glasse onto the nonpariels until the rim is coated.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice cubes.
- Pour in the vodka, hazelnut liquor, white creme de cocoa and lemon juice.
- Shake until chilled and mixed.
- Carefully pour the drink into the martini glass.
- Top with club soda.
- Enjoy immediately.
All right! Now who’s ready for an exciting birthday giveaway?!
Here’s a little hint as to what I’m giving away just below…
One of the most asked about things in my comments are about glassware used in my photographs. Specifically, those old fashioned glasses above. (I know. They’re totally swoonworthy. And I use them for everything because they are so stunning.)
So to celebrate The Speckled Palate’s Fifth Birthday, I’m giving away FOUR of those gorgeous Glimmer-Wrapped Old Fashioned Glasses to a lucky U.S.-based readers, which retails at $64!
Here’s the breakdown on the giveaway rules:
- Enter the giveaway through the Rafflecopter widget below. Everyone gets a free entry! You can enter multiple times, up to 7 total entries by following the giveaway sponsors on social media. (If you’ve followed in the past, that counts! Just enter the information as prompted.) All entries will be verified. No purchase is necessary to win.
- The giveaway is open until Thurs., June 30, 2016 at 12:00 a.m. CST. One winner will be chosen at random and e-mailed within 48 hours. Winners must claim prize within 48 hours of initial contact.
- The retail value of the prize is $64. The prize listed above are the only ones available.
- Open to U.S. residents with a valid shipping address only. Must be 18 years of age as of June 8, 2016.
- To review all giveaway terms and conditions, click the option in Rafflecopter below.