Hello, friends! We have traversed a few states in the last few days, visiting both our families, and I hope y’all have had as wonderful a holiday as we have. Something about this time of year and seeing family just makes my heart so happy, and I can hardly believe that Christmas has come and gone already, that it’s the 28th, and we are already staring down the new year. Craziness.
But before then, I had a post that I needed to share… especially since it calls for the best kind of leftovers: Holiday Leftovers.
If your family is anything like mine, there’s a good chance you’ve got a ton of food from Christmas hanging out in your fridge. If you’re anything like me (and I sincerely hope you are in this case), you’re really excited about them because there is a cornucopia of different ways you could prepare these leftovers.
I’m about to show y’all my favorite way to consume them.
And yes, while I know it looks a little different, I can assure you that it’s delicious!
- 1 bread roll
- ½ cup leftover turkey
- ¼ cup cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup stuffing
- 1 tablespoon turkey gravy
- Toast a leftover roll, and cut it in half.
- On the bottom half of the sandwich roll, spread the cranberry sauce.
- On top of the cranberry sauce, add the reheated stuffing.
- On top of the stuffing, place the turkey.
- Pour the gravy on top of the turkey, and close the sandwich, pushing down to consolidate all ingredients.
- Enjoy warm with a glass of your favorite cider.
Do you eat your holiday leftovers in interesting ways?